Said F it, doin a manual swap - Page 12 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Said F it, doin a manual swap
Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:34 AM
Chris, Im having the same issue with my original hptuned AUTO pcm, I know for a fact that one is not bad so im sure this 5spd one is not the issue.

Im about to take the pcm off and clean the connectors and check for broken bad wires etc.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:01 PM
David, make sure you peel back the wire loom for a good foot or 2. I have seen the wires corrode where it comes across the lower rad support.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:22 PM
Just to update this thread a lil bit.

Just put the noid light on all injector clips and none lit up. So, injectors arent getting power.

Also checked spark on all 4 plugs and not getting spark now.

All this in my 5spd pcm

I was at least getting spark on my auto PCM. Im going to throw that one back in, do relearn then do the test again in everything.

#*%+} man!!

306 TQ
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 11:13 PM
I'm thankful I didn't have these issues
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:50 AM
I'm about 100% your injectors are not seeing the 5V ref.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:58 AM
Yea their not seeing any kind of power, my question is WHY?

Relearn didnt take? bad BCM? bad cluster? what..........

306 TQ
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:33 AM
F IT! Take a wire from your battery cable and touch it to all 4 injectors Then they will get power

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:20 AM
did you do a manual steering column too? reason i ask is because i didnt and had to modify the auto shifter's cable input in the column. it has a cable that runs from the shifter to the column and a button/switch or something that allows the key to turn back and be removed. it lets this switch know if the car is properly in park or not so you cant lock the steering wheel while rolling down the road lol

anyways, the manuals have a different setup, they use the same type of button but its external and manually operated up by the key. you have to push the button in to get the key to move, basically. maybe using the auto key/switch isnt allowing the pcm to work properly?

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:57 AM
I am pretty sure he is using the column from the manual donor car.

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:58 AM
Yes I'm pretty sure David swapped the column.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:59 AM
David, I really wish I was able to make it down this weekend to help out, sadly I had to go to a Funeral last weekend in Huber Heights, Ohio and can't get the time off to come down this weekend.

I do hope that Darren is able to isolate the issue quickly....

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:21 PM
Yep Brad I grabbed the manual car column and swapped it in.

Ahh np Chris, thanks anyway man. Yea hopefully Darren will be able to get someone to come down with him. You guys are really my LAST option lol.

306 TQ
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:48 PM
If you would like, I can come down this weekend with some stuff and see what I can do to help.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:31 PM
ah. well another idea shot down i spose haha

one thing though, man... be ready, cuz once you finally do get it running and start shifting those gears you'll never want to leave the car lol. mine is a completely different animal and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more enjoyable, satisfying, and just more FUN to drive after the swap.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. Now with 5 speed! It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:40 AM
I am really at a loss for what it could be. I never swapped columns, wiring or anything in mine. I just swapped the parts, took out the stuff it didn't use (shifter, the cable z mentioned), welded mounts, cut a hole in the firewall, cut the neutral safety wires and connected them, and she fired right up. It's even still running the stock auto ecu.
Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:59 AM
Damn, of course mine wouldnt be that easy lol.

Brad, cant wait, I hope it gets figured out. My patience with this car is wearing thin, especially since i've been dying to do an old school car.

Nic, Ill let you know by Friday what we are going to do. If Darren can't make it down I may just cover the car up and think about what do do with it. Thanks for the offer though man.

I have some free time tonight, I am going to throw the auto pcm back in, put headlights in(this way I can tell when the relearn takes by the headlights flashing), do multiple relearns, and check everything again.

306 TQ
Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:26 AM
David, I'm sure I can make time to come down the beginning of August...if it isn't sorted out by then.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:52 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Damn, of course mine wouldn't be that easy lol.

Brad, cant wait, I hope it gets figured out. My patience with this car is wearing thin, especially since i've been dying to do an old school car.

Nic, Ill let you know by Friday what we are going to do. If Darren can't make it down I may just cover the car up and think about what do do with it. Thanks for the offer though man.

I have some free time tonight, I am going to throw the auto pcm back in, put headlights in(this way I can tell when the relearn takes by the headlights flashing), do multiple relearns, and check everything again.

I am thinking about an old school car myself. The Good Guys show this weekend will not help any,

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:57 PM
Sounds good Mike, lemme know.

Jason, thats why I am not going to Good Guys lol.

306 TQ
Friday, July 12, 2013 10:58 AM
Darren and Nic are headed to my place right now, will get here tonight. Whoever wants to come over tomorrow sometime come on through. Ill pm my adress whoever wants to come. Ill have beer and plan on throwin burgers on the grill tomorrow.

Cant thank Darren and Nic enough for comn ALLLL the way here just to help me.

306 TQ
Friday, July 12, 2013 11:40 AM
I hope you get it man. I really do. Im rooting for you. I just took mine for a spin and hit boost. Just wait til you are shifting gears and boosting... You will love it!

Friday, July 12, 2013 12:51 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Darren and Nic are headed to my place right now, will get here tonight. Whoever wants to come over tomorrow sometime come on through. Ill pm my adress whoever wants to come. Ill have beer and plan on throwin burgers on the grill tomorrow.

Cant thank Darren and Nic enough for comn ALLLL the way here just to help me.

I like mine well done with cheese and a bag of chips and a drink. Thank you. :-)

Friday, July 12, 2013 8:28 PM
UPDATES?

Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:27 AM
We are here. Got here around 1045 last night. Chilled for a little bit last night and are hitting it hard today. I'm determined to have this car running today.
We will update later.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:35 AM
Its later already! Update!!!!!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search