There's something wrong with me... I've made a terrible mistake... - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: There's something wrong with me... I've made a terrible mistake...
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:19 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Love it. Front filler plate and call it done. Doesnt need much exterior wise. Under the hood.... its going to be tough to spool by 2000 rpm and have 300hp.... you will either run out of air for a turbo that will spool by 2000 or you will hit 300 and not spool by 2000....

if it were me id find something around a saab/mitsu size. that will increase power but be auto x friendly.

Thankfully it came with the filler plate, I have some ideas for making it easily installable/uninstallable, depending on how protected I want the intercooler to be, and how sneaky I want to be.

I'm starting to lean towards the direction of making 300 and not quite spooling at 2000, I'm afraid I'd suffer on the top end too much with that small of a turbo.

WHITECAVY wrote:Sweeeet, glad its gonna be around again.

From straight line monster to AutoX monster, hopefully I can have it up and running within the month

-MD- Enforcer wrote:Nice man, Best of luck. I pretty much know everything "weird" about 99s. So if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I'm gonna have to hit you up on that, I'm trying to decide if I should switch to a 2000 ECU/PCM.

anne shaffer wrote:What kind of rims are those?

They're either Arospeed RS-GT's or REV M10's. I'm not sure yet.

Thanks everyone, I'm getting excited to see what this engine can do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:23 PM

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:36 AM
There's my old girl Glad Tim was able to buy it since I know it will be taken care of and he will keep moving forward with it.

The rims are Arospeed RS-GT's in hyperblack... they are pretty old wheels actually... I got them when I first got the car about 9 years ago LOL.

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 7:49 AM
Any more updates on this?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:13 AM
Ahem

I wish I had some free cash to pick up some of that stuff, but since I dont, buy it! lol

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 9:13 AM
Not much progress, I pulled the battery out, which is pretty much toast, but I was planning on relocating it to the trunk anyway, and I've got a nice red top sitting around waiting to do some work.

I was spending my time getting rid of the orange car, which I scrapped last weekend. I've gotta get an AN bung on order for the fuel rail, and start working on a new downpipe.

The one thing I learned from my last build is I can't let it rule my life, I literally didn't see anyone all last summer because I was working in the garage the whole time.

I've been purposely staying out of the classifieds so I didn't spend money, haha. I've got a few other projects I need to finish up first.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 11:47 AM
^LOL staying out of the classifieds....and I got parts in the classifieds perfect for that car!

Nice car by the way. I like the clean sporty exterior, and the interior with the gauge pod matching the tan is nice...looks like it belongs there.

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 11:54 AM
Tim Ill get that STR manifold out to you this week. If I remember to pull it our when I get off work today Ill ship it out tomorrow.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:00 PM
Rock on, thanks to the both of you.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:44 PM
Ill probably send the downpipe as well. I don't plan to us it. I'm going to run vbands instead.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:14 AM
Look boss if you're not gonna fix this thing up, the least you could do is give me your C/F coolant tank cover.. For real

Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:59 PM
this is jimmys correct? we saw it at carlisle?

Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:32 PM
Yessir!

Friday, June 08, 2012 4:11 AM
It's soooo clean!

R.I.P. Jesse 07/11/87-01/25/08
14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search