Jazer build thread - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jazer build thread
Monday, July 02, 2012 10:28 AM
Good to know...I'll keep it In mind,I prefer a lil over steer over under steer. Recommend a stock front versus the eibach?

Monday, July 02, 2012 12:10 PM
I was running a stock front sway and eibach rear in my 98Z when I really liked my setup, I think I might switch to the FE3 bar from the Eco for just a bit bigger front bar, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I'd also suggest the addco rear bar as its bigger than the eibach.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Monday, July 02, 2012 12:44 PM
Jess what else are you still looking for motor wise? I have a 50k mile alternator, and the basic trimmings intake mani fuel rail type stuff.

Monday, July 02, 2012 9:57 PM
Should be fine, my motor is supposed to come with all accessories. I'll let you know if I find it's missing something that I don't alrdy have a backup plan for. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 6:43 AM
Great pile you got there Jess! Can't wait to see this bish finished!!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 8:00 PM
Got it home from my dads today! Did an oil change at his house, his barn has a pit for working on cars..... Got a perfect view of the undercarriage... Sooo relieved, not a spec of rust on the frame. The whole under body looks brand new. The worst part is where the jacks go on the sides and the subframe and other stuff near engine bay. Feel so relieved it has zero rot with all the money I just dropped on it. A nice thing to see today to say the least.

Need to do a few things to get it to pass inspection, nothin serious... But the engine felt real healthy which was a relief. Should make the trip to PA for its overhaul just fine.

Also, got another large piece of my Eco swap from a friend that lives near my dad, pics to come.

Here it is after a flawless drive home, after a year and a half of sitting.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 1:23 PM

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 1:32 PM

Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:04 AM
Today is the first mod day for the Cav! STDs and AArms go on!

Gonna do the sway bars when I engine swap, and can easily get in and do the front sway. Thought about doing the rear, but don't want too much understeer. Anyone have any info on if It would make it unsafe with just a rear? Just out of curiosity. Anyone done it? (this car has no stock front).

Figure the STDs will keep me plenty happy til I can squeeze that front in and do both at the same time. I don't want it squirrely and unpredictable.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:08 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Looking good, I would recommend ditching the big front sway though, with the coil overs you have your front spring rates will be plenty high enough, a big front sway is going to induce more under steer. I regretted putting my Eibach front sway in, a big rear sway does great things for these suspensions, and properly chosen spring rates will take care of the rest. Sway bars can do great things but at a certain point they begin to take some of the benefits of an independent suspension away.

Just food for thought if you're planning on AutoXing.

Also, am grabbing Matt's FE3 bar and givin the Eibach to a friend. Thanks for sparking me to do a lil more reading on it. The FE3 is only 1.5mm smaller but gonna start there.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:09 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Looking good, I would recommend ditching the big front sway though, with the coil overs you have your front spring rates will be plenty high enough, a big front sway is going to induce more under steer. I regretted putting my Eibach front sway in, a big rear sway does great things for these suspensions, and properly chosen spring rates will take care of the rest. Sway bars can do great things but at a certain point they begin to take some of the benefits of an independent suspension away.

Just food for thought if you're planning on AutoXing.

Also, am grabbing Matt's FE3 bar and givin the Eibach to a friend. Thanks for sparking me to do a lil more reading on it. The FE3 is only 1.5mm smaller but gonna start there.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 5:11 AM
Sorry for the occasional 2x post. I blame iPad.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:18 AM
excited to see the end result of this!
Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:41 AM
I agree with JZ! Cannot wait.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 12:08 PM
Excellent colour choice (cyber grey) I've been waiting to have my fire sprayed the same since I first saw a ZR1 with it 1 or 2 years ago. GL with the eco swap. Also hopefully you have better luck with your TTR upper motor mount, other users bushings have been prematurely wearing out.

Saturday, July 07, 2012 6:38 PM
Thanks guys.

Didn't do my control arms today... i hate not having all my tools with me, I don't work as efficiently with them all in Germany. Still did the STDs & threw on the lower dogbone too. I have to say, I love my STDs <3. Have to make a few adjustments before my alignment tomorrow, I have one corner rubbing a tiny by of rubber (it has a hair less than a 1 finger gap), but otherwise the other wheels are happily at a 1 finger gap. lol. Feels great, can tell it needs an alignment but it's so nice not having body roll. Handles very nicely. I love my stiff bouncy ride too. None of the springs are preloaded, Just lowered it keeping full shock travel. It still feels aggressive. Perfect. I do however scrape my front sometimes, thats ok though... the new front end won't be so low.

Before

During

Almost there....

After

Ta Daaaa

And my dirty Eco trans with <20k miles.

N cause I miss my husband

Saturday, July 07, 2012 7:05 PM
Jesus, its a good thing there will be a front bumper waiting for you when you get here...current one might be plowing up some pavement on the way down, lol!

Looks good, bet it rides even better! I think that ride height and the new front bumper is gonna look great!

Saturday, July 07, 2012 7:12 PM
Haha! I agree!

Sunday, July 08, 2012 5:27 PM
Love it. I really can't wait to see more progress on this car.

Sunday, July 08, 2012 5:33 PM
Thank you! really appreciate it!

Sunday, July 08, 2012 5:42 PM
Another pic to show its stance.

Sunday, July 08, 2012 6:48 PM
Its looking better but like matt I am gonna say hopefully u have a front bumper left cause pa roads suck...
Sunday, July 08, 2012 6:55 PM
needs more low!

looks good Jess.

Sunday, July 08, 2012 7:11 PM
Looks sweet!

Sunday, July 08, 2012 7:19 PM
Lance Detwiler wrote:Its looking better but like matt I am gonna say hopefully u have a front bumper left cause pa roads suck...

Ditching this entire front end, Matt has my new stuff.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search