Jazer build thread - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jazer build thread
Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:43 PM
Auto trans harness? If so I have one. Just have to get a shipping quote. Just pay for shipping.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:53 PM
Manual but auto is usable... My yard should be shipping me one to use, if not I'm using Matt's spare but will be looking for one to give him in trade if I need to use his, I'll keep it in mind. Thank you!

Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:17 PM
Well u won't be lookin for a hood anymore I just met up with Matt and he's taking it back home for the build.....
Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:29 PM
Yes I heard. You rock! Thanks so much for grabbing it!

Sunday, July 29, 2012 2:13 PM
Your welcome can't wait to see the transformation....
Monday, July 30, 2012 6:33 PM
Hood being prepped/blemishes fixed

Trunk after first coat of primer/block sanded... Notice shaved keyhole

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:50 AM
Looking good at least the hood did not need a ton of work ... As for the trunk I did the same with my sunfire trunk deffinently well worth it does yours have the trunk pop button under the dash...
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:05 PM
Yes it does, I have a key fob with a trunk button too.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:43 PM
Yeah that's why I did mine and I may relocated that button somewhere different though have not really planned it out to where yet...
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:46 PM
Matt's been workin hard

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:06 PM
Looking good cant wait to see it up close.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:51 PM
You gonna be at Matt's at all?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:52 PM
Nvm. Sped moment, lol.

Thursday, August 02, 2012 8:33 AM
Made the trip down to PA yesterday.... 8 hour drive + a few hours in the garage =

I'll prolly post one daily cell phone update.... Will post the better progress pics from my Nikon when all said and done, back home! Stay tuned for some serious updates!

Thursday, August 02, 2012 4:52 PM
Thats the best update yet!

Thursday, August 02, 2012 7:36 PM
^^ oh the juicy updates are just getting atarted!

Day 2 ... Engine and accesories out, got a bunch of @!#$ out of the way to start prepping the bay. This pic wasnt at the complete end of the day. But close enough. I can't thank Ryan & Matt enough for their hardwork helping out! I'm not as useful as I used to be, with a baby on the way so these guys are my saints! Some more JBO members comin this weekend too! So for all you guys, that have helped me make this happen, you are so much appreciated!

Now for the daily pic

Tomorrow Matt has off so well have quite a bit more time. Plans are as follows: Pull weather stripping, remove trunk, remove anything else in bay that'll be in the way, remove B pilars, all first thing in the morning. Then Matt plans to sand and prep the Car's entire body and bay, lay primer on it, and prep that to have first coat of paint layed down by the evening. So our goal is to see some color and at least have the bay completely painted so it can cure over night.... Saturday, the Eco is going in.

Hopefully get a lil bit of a sexy teaser to post for tomorrow

Thursday, August 02, 2012 7:45 PM
Wooohoooo!

Thursday, August 02, 2012 8:06 PM
Haha, your tellin me!

Side note, anyone have any suggestions for getting the damn throttle cable out of the firewall? I have it off the pedal, but god damn that thing is wedged in the firewall, and being in a lil circle of interior dash makes it a bitch to get to.

Friday, August 03, 2012 3:04 AM
2 options for that.
If you are keeping it, get under the firewall with a long set of needle nose pliars, squeeze the 2 tabs together and get someone to pull it from the engine bay.
If you don't need it, just grab it from the engine bay side and pull it like the Hulk.

Friday, August 03, 2012 5:18 AM
I just squeezed mine and pushed it from inside. It wasn't that hard, but getting under the dash always sucks. However, If I can fit in there, you can. I believe you're a bit smaller. LOL.

Friday, August 03, 2012 6:20 AM
Haha, I'm just having a hard time getting my hands or any tools in there to squeeze it. usually that's what I'm good at too, lol. I do like gtpsunfire's second option though. I have an Eco cable... Lol.

Friday, August 03, 2012 6:34 AM
Sand, prep, prime and paint in the same day?

Friday, August 03, 2012 6:40 AM
Good luck. Haha.
I'd come help wrench on the swap if you were doing it up this way, but I ain't trekin to PA. LOL

I'm just making progress on mine again that's been sitting unchanged for a long time. Should have the engine bay painted by the end of this month and planning on having it back on the road next season. It feels great to make progress, doesn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 03, 2012 6:41 AM

Friday, August 03, 2012 7:19 AM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:Sand, prep, prime and paint in the same day?

At least for the bay, that's the goal. Hopefully the car will be done prep/prime. The main goal is the bay so we can start gettin the Eco in tomorrow. Takin the doors off too, so in reality, the only part of the "car", is the 1/4s and roof (including all jams). All other panels are being done individually. So when I say car, that's all I mean. All the panels, Matt had ahead of time so he already got done priming those, and they've been wet sanded over the last couple days. (frot/rear bumpers, fenders, hood, trunk, wing, are all about ready for paint after the body is done). We had some parts to trade so he just used his stuff and is taking mine, and he picked up my new front for me anyways.

Friday, August 03, 2012 7:21 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:Good luck. Haha.
I'd come help wrench on the swap if you were doing it up this way, but I ain't trekin to PA. LOL

I'm just making progress on mine again that's been sitting unchanged for a long time. Should have the engine bay painted by the end of this month and planning on having it back on the road next season. It feels great to make progress, doesn't it?

Haha! Yeah it was a long(but worthwhile) trip for me! Lol. And oh yes, it does!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search