Jazer build thread - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jazer build thread
Friday, August 03, 2012 10:24 AM
i wanna see how tore up the streetfire bumper is lol

Friday, August 03, 2012 11:30 AM
nice

~BC~
Friday, August 03, 2012 12:39 PM

Friday, August 03, 2012 6:44 PM
i had a hard time leting that Fire front go. at least its gettin used.

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Friday, August 03, 2012 6:49 PM
Ah, so it was yours? Thanks for rehoming it!

Friday, August 03, 2012 7:08 PM
Yeah actually before matt go ahold of it I was looking for another front and have since found the pieces I needed at harrys in hazleton... I asked Steve what he was doin with it but he was a little hesitant on getting rid of it but glad to see it got a good home can't wait to see the finished product...
Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:56 AM
Primed the whole shell before heading to bed last night...

Saturday, August 04, 2012 5:21 PM
Should nip that 3rd bolt off for the engine mount, since its not needed for the eco.
Saturday, August 04, 2012 8:21 PM
Cyber Gray alone turned out a little lighter than we were expecting but still really happy with it. Very metallica, can't wait to see it out in the sunlight. This pic is from Matt's cell, can't see it like it is in person. But for now, here you are

Didn't get the engine in, but it is literally ready to drop in tomorrow morning first thing. Transmission and engine are united with the new Exedy oem replacement and heavy as @!#$ stock flywheel, lol. We got my front sway & aluminum a arms in as well. Everything is coming together well.

Saturday, August 04, 2012 8:33 PM

Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:23 PM
Looking good. Congrats on the progress.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:41 AM
Shell was painted earlier this morning, motor going in now. This color is definitely a bit challenging to spray, it has a ton of metallic in it, more than I'm used to, so it took some fine tuning to get it to my liking, but overall I think it turned out pretty well. I have a run or two to cut and buff later on, but we'll get that taken care of later.

...and of course, some teaser pics

Sunday, August 05, 2012 12:09 PM
Nice work everyone. If I can say 1 thing though. I wish a little more time would have been spent in the engine bay. Smoothing so areas really sets it off quite nicely.
Dont think Im hating though, I really like how this car is turning out.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 12:36 PM
It's funny you mention that...I was using your car as an example to describe to Jess what a bay can look like with time put into it, lol. I wish we could've spent the time too, I would've loved to smooth at all the weld points, seams, etc.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 1:31 PM
Great progress, wish I closer to the KGM paint master. Good show Matt.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 2:06 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:Nice work everyone. If I can say 1 thing though. I wish a little more time would have been spent in the engine bay. Smoothing so areas really sets it off quite nicely.

I'm not looking for show quality, just reviving the car. If it was a show car I would have found a way to do that but I just want it presentable. The bays do look fantastic with that type of work into them, but not necessary for what I want out of the car.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 3:02 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:
gtpsunfire wrote:Nice work everyone. If I can say 1 thing though. I wish a little more time would have been spent in the engine bay. Smoothing so areas really sets it off quite nicely.

I'm not looking for show quality, just reviving the car. If it was a show car I would have found a way to do that but I just want it presentable. The bays do look fantastic with that type of work into them, but not necessary for what I want out of the car.

Fair enough.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 5:57 PM
Stick with the stock flywheel for a while, I am 50/50 on my aluminum one.... its "different" for sure i just need to drive it more to get used to it.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 6:29 PM
I like some of the really nice shaved engine bays, but sometimes stock with good paint is just as good.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 05, 2012 6:54 PM
lookin good

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, August 05, 2012 7:02 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Stick with the stock flywheel for a while, I am 50/50 on my aluminum one.... its "different" for sure i just need to drive it more to get used to it.

I had a fidanza in my SS, I loved the revs but sometimes had stalling issues at idle. I'm fine with stock.

Update: Eco is in, suspension is all good, cars on its own weight and rollable.... Just have connecting of accessories to go. Body is in color too, still have all the panels to get in color, so still plenty to do but it's deff wrapping up! Maybe fire it up tomorrow?

Had a scare that the transmission was binding, but it turns out the caliper or other part of the break system was somehow causing bind and we straightened it all out. Thank god.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:01 PM

Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:11 PM
You guys are sure working fast.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:08 PM
Looks great! I'm curious to see how the final colour turns out with the car assembled.

God, I wish I could work at this speed. I'd be boosted and repainted by tomorrow.

And Sweetness would be running by Friday.

lol

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:28 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:You guys are sure working fast.

That's because I still have a ton of someone else's s#!t to finish up...

Actually we would be a bit further along, but as with most builds, it's been putting up a decent fight so far. I've been fighting really nasty humidity with painting, and PJ has been busy fighting with ball joints, which until today, ball joints were in the lead.

On a good note, the body is painted, panels are ready for paint, and the motor work is down to reinstalling accessories, harness, etc.

I am excited to see the car all together and out in the sunlight. The color is a bit lighter than we had expected, but judging from the amount of metallic in it (and by how difficult its being to spray lol), I think the sunlight is going to make the color really pop and stand out.
..oh, and I'm excited to sleep too haha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search