Jazer build thread - Page 7 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jazer build thread
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:37 PM
silver03cavii wrote:Wow, you guys move fast!! Love the new color cant wait to see pictures in the sunlight.
Are you not going to be painting the mirrors?

Thank you! Nah, I prefer the mirrors black. They blend into the whole window area un painted. Deff made sure we did the handles though, they should have never been black in the first place! Lol.

I'm so excited to be as low as I am and not have to worry about bottoming out driving on a flat road now! Lmao.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:17 PM
Damn I need your money, motivation, and skillful friends haha. Things are moving quick! Also I agree leave the mirrors black, never liked the painted mirrors.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:32 PM
Haha

Matt has a good lil startup vid, maybe he can post his! Quality is a lil better than my video, and you can here her turn over for the first time!

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:54 PM
First start up:

Definitely a busy week, but we did get alot done. I wish I could've taken a good 2-3 weeks and take more time on the paint job, though overall it looks good, there are some areas I would've liked to redo. Anyone who paints will know that a full color change in this time frame is rushed to say the least...that being said, I love the car in this color, and the new 'fire front end looks great on there. Car looks much more aggressive now, and of course, I approve the Eco swap

Still some odds and ends like Jess said. I had a run or two in the clear I want to cut and buff before she heads home, and the trunk unfortunately swelled a bit where I shaved the lock hold. I'm either going to shave and paint a new lid to send to her, or we talked about wrapping one in carbon fiber. So for me, this project isn't 100% over lol.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:10 AM
Let's try again...

Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:08 AM
Pretty sure this isn't even the same car that showed up at my house last week, lol...

Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:13 AM
nice

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:36 AM
1 week for a full paint job and a motor swap. Damn, I'm jealous. LOL

Nice work guys. The car is looking good.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:15 PM

Won't be picking up my grills for the front for a lil while longer, but they will be on there. Yes, hood pins too. Couldn't locate a full 03+ fire latch assembly. Fine by me anyways, I don't need the giant brace/bracket thingy under there anyways. It's big, ugly, heavy and takes up a bunch of space.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:08 PM
Look good!

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:11 PM
how about those flush mounts hood pins? painted body color

Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:47 PM
Azncav (was static) wrote:how about those flush mounts hood pins? painted body color

Eventually. 80$ I didn't want to spend right now, lol. Deff will happen in time though. Really like the design of those ones. Sparcos are good I read, so for now they work. They don't stand out too terribly either. They b
End into the silver pretty well.

Friday, August 10, 2012 3:02 AM
Those are the same pins I have and they are great.

Friday, August 10, 2012 9:34 AM
Looking good assemblemd. Doesn't the.hood latch assembly hold the center section of the bumper? Going to make a brace to hold it I assume?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, August 10, 2012 11:21 AM
Soo, we reassembled everything properly after the Eco swap... But when the vehicle is moving it will make a popping/grinding/kachunk noise, and the breaks will get slammed on, on their own. Once it feels seized, I'd have to roll it back or put it in reverse to get it freed. It would drive normal again for another 10, 20, or even 100 ft... Then all of a sudden it will make awful noises again and slam the break on. I feel like its only happening on one side... Does this sound like a caliper that's seized?Maybe in the open position? Maybe the pad is bouncing around in there and getting jammed? It sounds absolutely awful.

Friday, August 10, 2012 11:43 AM
Brake damages are the easiest to find, just take the wheels off and look.

Friday, August 10, 2012 12:33 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Soo, we reassembled everything properly after the Eco swap... But when the vehicle is moving it will make a popping/grinding/kachunk noise, and the breaks will get slammed on, on their own. Once it feels seized, I'd have to roll it back or put it in reverse to get it freed. It would drive normal again for another 10, 20, or even 100 ft... Then all of a sudden it will make awful noises again and slam the break on. I feel like its only happening on one side... Does this sound like a caliper that's seized?Maybe in the open position? Maybe the pad is bouncing around in there and getting jammed? It sounds absolutely awful.

do you have ABS? i hope not, the PCM i sold you was NO ABS. lol um. ebrake might need adjusted.

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:04 PM
I had it, but using a no abs harness anyways.

It's not the e brake.

Deff think it's the driver side front.

Just wanted some opinions on whether this sounded like the caliper or like it was busted.... Waiting for matt to get back so we can get it in the garage and look at it.

The popping noises make me nervous.

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:10 PM
But you're using a ABS master cylinder without an ABS harness or PCM. I'm not 100% on this but I think that can actually cause an issue since the ABS module has no way of being controlled anymore.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that.

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:24 PM
Can anyone clarify that ^^ ??

The breaks work fine when I hit them, just obv no abs... But not so fine when they try to work on their own.

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:25 PM
PJ said he never had problems with the skwirl setup like that... It's unplugged so it just doesn't do aything.

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:29 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:But you're using a ABS master cylinder without an ABS harness or PCM. I'm not 100% on this but I think that can actually cause an issue since the ABS module has no way of being controlled anymore.

how is the ABS module going to interfere or fluctuate without power going in?

The skwirl never had the ABS module plugged in and ran fine.

I'm almost willing to bet the driver side caliper is seized, just like that first problem we initially had when we put it on the ground.

I'd start there. The ABS module is not your problem.

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:18 PM
The problem has been corrected. Let's just say we found a bolt we lost.... Lol.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:24 AM
Thanks to Luis, I got a full DP at the last minute, that was a relief. Asside from some aesthetic changes needed under the bay, the car mechanically 100%! Put almost 3 hours of drivig on it, and its runnin like a champ! Got to PJs in NJ last night, so today the fenders get rolled and it gets it's desperately needed alignment. I'm feelin the motor swap The eco definitely feels like it has a lil more to give than the ln2, even with my previous engine having a @!#$ ton of work done on it. Im sure all the engine/trans mounts being upgraded helped too... But I am liking the top edit has in comparison to the ln2 in stock form.

Excited to make some tweaks to my STDs with Pjs help and get that alignment done so I can feel the suspension upgrades we did. The alignment being off was causing the car to act a lil goofy so I didn't get a chance to give her a feel around corners. The A Arms do deff feel like they helped steering response. Deff needed on a J, lol.

Exterior wise, still need to install the b pillars covers and side skirts. Can't wait to see how the skirts look. Will be gettin some additional headlights and the front grills n fogs from a friend. Going to black out the headlights if I can get the lense off alright.

Overall, finally can say I'm happy wi the car.... @!#$, even have an almost complete AC system in the trunk. Might be nice to put AC back in there too! Just need a hard line

Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:25 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search