Jazer build thread - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Jazer build thread
Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:38 AM
It's screaming for it's side skirts. I think the IF sides will be perfect.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:40 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Thanks to Luis, I got a full DP at the last minute, that was a relief. Asside from some aesthetic changes needed under the bay, the car mechanically 100%! Put almost 3 hours of drivig on it, and its runnin like a champ! Got to PJs in NJ last night, so today the fenders get rolled and it gets it's desperately needed alignment. I'm feelin the motor swap The eco definitely feels like it has a lil more to give than the ln2, even with my previous engine having a @!#$ ton of work done on it. Im sure all the engine/trans mounts being upgraded helped too... But I am liking the top edit has in comparison to the ln2 in stock form.

Excited to make some tweaks to my STDs with Pjs help and get that alignment done so I can feel the suspension upgrades we did. The alignment being off was causing the car to act a lil goofy so I didn't get a chance to give her a feel around corners. The A Arms do deff feel like they helped steering response. Deff needed on a J, lol.

Exterior wise, still need to install the b pillars covers and side skirts. Can't wait to see how the skirts look. Will be gettin some additional headlights and the front grills n fogs from a friend. Going to black out the headlights if I can get the lense off alright.

Overall, finally can say I'm happy wi the car.... @!#$, even have an almost complete AC system in the trunk. Might be nice to put AC back in there too! Just need a hard line

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/414305_10150955344571160_1959352705_o.jpg?dl=1

Just in case this gets missed at the bottom of page 7.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:49 AM
Your welcome. I forgot to ask last night. What muffler are you running?

Saturday, August 11, 2012 10:36 AM
Pacesetter catback. Why, did it sound bad? Lol. I have mixed feelings about it, lol. Sounds good in the car. Never heard it outside the car.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:57 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/414305_10150955344571160_1959352705_o.jpg?dl=1

I think the roof of my house officially needs a "KGM Chop Shop" sign, haha!

Anyways, glad you're happy with the car...pretty good birthday present to yourself, huh? I'm excited to see the car with the IF skirts and missing front end accessories. Oh, and if i come across the one a/c line in a junkyard that I didn't have in my pile for you, I'll send it your way

Saturday, August 11, 2012 12:25 PM
Congrats on the work jess, and you are.lucky to have a good group of people around you to help

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, August 11, 2012 4:54 PM
The car Looks great, Matt does good work! Enjoy the new pep in your cars step.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 11:24 AM
Thanks guys

Back home now, Eco runs like a champ! Will have some more plates this week as I button some more things up and take her out for a photo shoot with my real camera

Sunday, August 12, 2012 11:25 AM
Updates, not plates, stupid iPad autocorrect.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:02 PM
Looks good. Did you grab your headlight harness from the junkyard? Im having trouble finding one for the 03+

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, August 13, 2012 7:07 AM
I got the whole frond end from Steve, harness included. I have to replace 3 clips on it though. I'd, where he collected the pieces.

The only thing stopping me from putting my skirts on, is peeling off the old RK Sport glue off the backs of them.... Ughhhhh. I think it's worse then shaving side moldings. I didn't think anything was worse than that.

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:57 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:I got the whole frond end from Steve, harness included. I have to replace 3 clips on it though. I'd, where he collected the pieces.

The only thing stopping me from putting my skirts on, is peeling off the old RK Sport glue off the backs of them.... Ughhhhh. I think it's worse then shaving side moldings. I didn't think anything was worse than that.

I know that feeling. i very carefully removed those after paint with an angle grinder and a soft bit. Be careful not to stay in the same spot for too long, it will get really hot and could damage the paint.

Monday, August 13, 2012 9:27 AM
Didn't think about using a power tool... Hmmmm....

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:24 AM
or use a 3m adhesive eraser wheel....

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:31 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:or use a 3m adhesive eraser wheel....

This, best thing ever for double sided tape.

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:58 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Looks good. Did you grab your headlight harness from the junkyard? Im having trouble finding one for the 03+

why not grab a 95-99 cav harness. pretty sure theybrun all the same bulbs n such and headlights are seprat also.

Monday, August 13, 2012 11:26 AM
^^ my turn signal bulb clips from my 02 Cav harness would not fit the 95-02 sunfire turn signal housing, on my first fire front end.... I'm not sure if the older Cav ones are the same or not, but something to keep in mind. They take the same bulb but the lil clips are slightly different.

Monday, August 13, 2012 11:27 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:or use a 3m adhesive eraser wheel....

This is a dremel or drill attachment? Where can I get one?

Monday, August 13, 2012 1:09 PM
Bluedriftcavy(Eco Swapper) wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:Looks good. Did you grab your headlight harness from the junkyard? Im having trouble finding one for the 03+

why not grab a 95-99 cav harness. pretty sure theybrun all the same bulbs n such and headlights are seprat also.

I have the 95-99 harness, but im doing a 00+ engine harness swap. In order for me to keep my 95-99 projectors is to get an 03+ sunfire headlight harness seeing the are the same as the 95-99 bulbs and connectors.

306 TQ
Monday, August 13, 2012 1:13 PM

You can find it at your local parts store. I know advanced and pep boys carry it. All it is is a rubber wheel. which attaches to a drill.

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:35 PM
Sweet, I'll take a look for one of those tomorrow!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:29 PM
Even though the following have virtually been posted, here is what I pulled off of my actual camera!

What we started with....

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:17 AM
Nice, much better pics lol

306 TQ
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:27 AM
very nice!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:53 AM
If it stops raining I'll have some more today

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search