Harrop HTV1320 LSJ - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Harrop HTV1320 LSJ
Monday, June 18, 2012 12:52 PM
the wizard wrote:The only way I was able to get those lower bolts in was to slide them in with a set of mechanical fingers, then tighten them with a pair of vice grips clamped to the long allen wrench. As far as the belt goes I had no luck finding a longer one, and also had no luck in the search for a smaller tensioner pulley. My guess is that you might be able to squeeze it on there with the 3.3.

As you know I'm interested to see how it all works out for ya.

When did you install a TVS on a car?

Monday, June 18, 2012 3:21 PM
Oh yea, The Wizard beat me to the punch a month or so ago(and helped motivate me to get mine on). There are 2 black TVS powered cavaliers now. One runs and the other doesnt.

Error: Sig not found.

Monday, June 18, 2012 3:31 PM
It's been done before either of us were thinking about it. I recall at least one Cavalier from another country that was making almost 400whp. He's got a couple of videos up somewhere. Fun stuff.
Monday, June 18, 2012 5:38 PM
Yea, i posted the vids of it awhile ago. Think he was Canadian and i thought i heard he ditched the TVS for a turbo.

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:57 PM
Yep, that's the one.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:36 PM
So I guess there's no hope of getting a phenolic head-to-manifold spacer in there too? From the little bit I saw on Matt's car before the heat exchanger finished puking, it looked promising.

I'm excited. Even with the 3.3" pulley, the TVS is barely breaking a sweat, and should run pretty damned cool. That, and having fueling that actually makes sense with the racetonix pump, it should be a blast to tune!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:23 PM
If one were to go down to a 2.7 or so both spacers would likely fit, but I tried with the 2.9 and there wasn't enough belt.

Kyle, you're not running either spacer correct?
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:03 PM
the wizard wrote:
Kyle, you're not running either spacer correct?

No spacers. In the future i would like a manifold to head phenolic and a plate under the blower for nitrous and/or meth. What belts did you look at? Im willing to bet that there might be a belt that will work but might have more than 5 or 6 ribs. There is also the options of ZZP's adjustable tensioner and over-sized tensioner pulley if a belt is abit too long for the "stock" pulleys.

My dualpass/bypass valve clearance:

TMAP clearance:

Now just some pics. Yea i know the car is filthy, i plan on giving it a top to bottom scrub once i move off this damn dirt road.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:17 AM
Looking good Kyle...I should probably just keep your hood for my car, don't wanna scratch it up on that behemoth blower!

Can't wait to see the new setup in person...and more excited to ride along for the tuning!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:03 AM
approved.....i await numbers

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:59 AM
I briefly looked through the Gates catolog at Oreilly, and it didn't list any belts that were ribbed on both sides that I saw. I ended up using the stock GMPP belt with the adjustable tensioner in the stock position, 3.15" pulley, had to yank the blower spacer, but retained the IM spacer.

Be careful of that bypass valve vacuum line rubbing on the core support; those valves are brittle and I could see the engine rotation snapping the nipple off.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:14 AM
the wizard wrote:
Be careful of that bypass valve vacuum line rubbing on the core support; those valves are brittle and I could see the engine rotation snapping the nipple off.

I have RKSport engine mounts and TTR tranny mounts. The nipple isnt touching, the hose is just alittle long. Im not skeeerd.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:01 PM
that blower is HUGE. me likey

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:48 PM
I assumed you had some stiff @!#$ in there; just wanted to point it out.

Any luck with the belt fitment situation?
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:08 PM
Are you using the sensor to plug the hole on the supercharger, thats a temp sensor for the cobalts right?
I know how other things can slow progress, currently I'm getting side tracked with the GP for Neon/Saturn rear disc brake setup.

On another note, you have any more of those LS1 TB adapters?

PS3 ID: Phatchance249
MW3 FTW!
Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:38 PM
the wizard wrote:
Any luck with the belt fitment situation?

Yea, but i'll get to that later.

I was poking around the car last night and saw this. Theatrically they shouldnt touch(pulley and tensioner), but they are still too close for comfort.

So "solving" that issue also solved the belt issue. I just tossed the 3.3" pulley on instead and am going to forgo the 3.5" pulley.

Shawn McKenzie wrote:Are you using the sensor to plug the hole on the supercharger, thats a temp sensor for the cobalts right?

Honestly it is just a sensor i found in the garage that "fit". I believe it is the MAP sensor off the stock L61 intake manifold. I have a better solution in the works.

Shawn McKenzie wrote:
On another note, you have any more of those LS1 TB adapters?

No. Jeffie and i have started redesigning them, but they have been put on hold until the cav is back up and running. Good news is that i now have a M62 on the bench that i can do mock up on.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:17 PM
Quote:

Good news is that i now have a M62 on the bench that i can do mock up on.

and an m62 powered car in williamsport you can test fit on too.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:09 PM
f you can do anything to make the tb cable route on the bottom like the stock l61 tb that would rock......either way im buying one though.
Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:15 PM
Philly D wrote:f you can do anything to make the tb cable route on the bottom like the stock l61 tb that would rock......either way im buying one though.

Not possible, the throttle wheel is on the wrong side of the TB for that to work.

I did get the lower 2 S/C bolts in and started by using a pair of needle nose pliers, a 6mm allen wrench, and a pick. But i was not able to tighten them down. The radiator support is in the way. A removable radiator support is probably in the cars future, but until then i ordered these 2 items from Snap-On.

Part# TUAM6E

Part# FABLM6E

They look like they should get the job done. If not, then im not sure what to do. I really dont want to have to rip the radiator and condenser out of the car yet.

Monday, June 25, 2012 10:30 PM
Any luck with the tools?
Monday, June 25, 2012 10:55 PM
They havent arrived yet.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:11 PM
The tools arrived today and i believe that the allen head swivel socket would have worked if i could find my 1/4" universal swivel. I ended up shoving my hand between the radiator and the radiator support and was able to tighten the bolts down with a standard length 6mm allen and a stubby 6mm allen. After than the belt just popped on and it is finally 100% installed. It is ready for tuning once the rest of the car is finished.

Friday, June 29, 2012 3:45 AM

Friday, June 29, 2012 4:14 AM
Can't wait! Video too pls

R.I.P. Jesse 07/11/87-01/25/08
14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08

Friday, July 06, 2012 6:16 AM
That is some hot ish, the feeling of making progress must be nice. Sadly, I still don't know how that feels even after 5 years.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search