RHD TOYOTA CAVALIER lots of pics!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RHD TOYOTA CAVALIER lots of pics!!!!!!!
Monday, June 25, 2012 1:16 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I really want to do this swap some time.

Am i seeing things or is the radio/gauge bezel 2 pieces?

It is two pieces, If you look at picture #33 its laying in two pieces..... hmm never knew that!

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:03 PM
i can respect the work but im sorry definitely not my taste.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Monday, June 25, 2012 3:40 PM
Like the paint scheme and colour, but nothing else.
Monday, June 25, 2012 4:20 PM
I love the RHD, obviously.. especially it being a stick. I love the color you chose, and I love the Drift front bumper. But I dislike the Type J skirts, and I hate the fenders, rear bumper, the shaved trunk lid and the frenched license plate. I think the Toyo fenders and the full Drift kit with the TRD wing would have been amazing. Just my own opinion of course, and I'm in no way bagging on the car. Definitely some time and care put into the build, and that can't be taken away from you.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, June 25, 2012 7:15 PM
Show car..... great job.

Would I have done it different, yes. Doesn't make your car bad or ugly. Just a different person's vision.

Everyone else should build their own instead of telling him how he should've built his.

Monday, June 25, 2012 7:18 PM
what happened to the toyo fenders? not my style car but with the right set of wheels i think it would pull together nicely. then again it is a show car im sure.

Monday, June 25, 2012 7:41 PM
Credit where credit is due. That is a HELL of a project. Respect is given to you man. That's awesome.

Monday, June 25, 2012 7:47 PM
ROKN20S - aka JuicyJ wrote:Show car..... great job.

Would I have done it different, yes. Doesn't make your car bad or ugly. Just a different person's vision.

Everyone else should build their own instead of telling him how he should've built his.

Wow James well said! As Ben put it man.. Props on all the hard work!

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:34 PM
The transition from the front bumper to the sideskirts throws me off... lol

But amazing! I love it. Props on the work and for being different!

2001 Cav Sedan LS - Work In Progress - Sunalier Status
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:11 AM
so did most of you people have a bad day yesterday to make fun of this car 100 % i mean damn im glad your all honest and all but i have seen so many cars on here where people get soooo excited about getting a stock front bumper or some other stock rims. wtf...
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:21 AM
Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I dont like the styling, but I sure as hell can appreciate the work that went into this.
Not many people would attempt it and you should be damn proud of it.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:01 AM
lambocavy2000 wrote:so did most of you people have a bad day yesterday to make fun of this car 100 % i mean damn im glad your all honest and all but i have seen so many cars on here where people get soooo excited about getting a stock front bumper or some other stock rims. wtf...

They stay having bad days on here LOL.

But their just being honest man with their opinions. It's your car, if your happy with it then that is all that matters.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:53 AM
lambocavy2000 wrote:so did most of you people have a bad day yesterday to make fun of this car 100 % i mean damn im glad your all honest and all but i have seen so many cars on here where people get soooo excited about getting a stock front bumper or some other stock rims. wtf...

Thats what happens when you post pictures on a website for opinons... gotta take the good with the bad. You get opinions. If you like it, that's what matters. You did fantastic work on everything, and don't change a thing if you're happy with it. There is just a lot of "extreme" styling on the car, and for some tastes it's too much. You can't expect everyone to like it when you take it to that extreme.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:47 AM
is that show at Carlisle?
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:01 AM

I get excited over "clean," and clean can be fully kitted/slammed on 20's, or relatively stock with just the right touches. @!#$...my car's fully kitted, lowered, forged and boosted. Your car had the potential in those pics to be absolute perfection, but it all crumbled (for me) once I saw what you did to the body.

The RHD cars below are wild, and I think everyone here will agree, absolutely amazing:

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:25 AM
I agree...the work is beyond exceptional. However the exterior is just too wild.

Some of us get excited on a stock bumper because its not the everyday stock bumper you would see on all cavys…such as the LS sport front, or stocker with a lip kit. Plus they look better in my opinon over a big fiberglass bumper.

A subtle exterior can go a lonnnng way.

Look at a majority of the Hondas…they all dropped the bodykit look and improved on the stock look with a subtle sporty lip kit. Heck they make mag covers with the stock bumpers etc. WHY? Cause they don’t go overboard yet instead improve the stock look.

GMR has got nothing on this
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:49 AM
yes steves RHD are nice and i have seen the white one before but he has a body kit on his a wing and a chevy firewall but still did a RHD without changeing the firewall and he also has a ton of airbrushing. the car looks great but it has more stuff going on than mine does.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:35 AM
I don't care for the fenders or the tow hook, but I love the rest of it. Love the two-tone scheme you put on it, and I love that nice clean interior.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:39 AM
lambocavy2000 wrote:yes steves RHD are nice and i have seen the white one before but he has a body kit on his a wing and a chevy firewall but still did a RHD without changeing the firewall and he also has a ton of airbrushing. the car looks great but it has more stuff going on than mine does.

Um...that's my point: it's wilder than your car, but cleaner at the same time.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:49 AM
LOL. You really should have been here about 10 years ago. 90% of the people would be drooling over your car instead of criticizing it. Extreme kits, various style vented fenders, big wings, wild hoods, and crazy paint schemes were all the rage here for a while. It moved toward cleaner looks and milder body mods over time.

I have never been a fan of the more extreme kits and paint jobs, but I can always appreciate the work, and you've done some great work. Very well done.

Also, in the same vein that Agent Omega posted, your car just needs a few tweaks to make it all come together. For one thing, an extreme kit needs bigger, more flush fitting wheels and more lowering. Having big wheel gap kind of kills the extreme look.

Again, it's all just opinions, but I think you can see that everyone at least appreciates the work you put into it. Maybe some of the comments will give you ideas, maybe you don't give a sh!t, but be prepared to take the good with the bad.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:53 AM
That black TRD cavy is pure sexilicious.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:03 PM
Agent Omega wrote:

I get excited over "clean," and clean can be fully kitted/slammed on 20's, or relatively stock with just the right touches. @!#$...my car's fully kitted, lowered, forged and boosted. Your car had the potential in those pics to be absolute perfection, but it all crumbled (for me) once I saw what you did to the body.

The RHD cars below are wild, and I think everyone here will agree, absolutely amazing:

Our versions of clean are very different then. I think the white one is gawdy, ugly and way too over the top. Sure it fit with the times back in the day, but that still doesnt change my opinion on it.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:35 PM
Twenty4z wrote:All that work for RHD and you make it ugly as sin.

Agreed. Gold paint, ugly kit, tow hook, terrible fenders and the spoiler....just no. Props for the work but it still doesnt work all together or tie in despite the RHD swap.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:36 PM
LOVE seeing another RHD cav. do it up man.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:56 PM
I've always loved Blue's white show car. I mean, I didn't like the Altezza/IS300 tails, but the rest overshadowed it. I'm happy to say I even own a piece of that car

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search