Freya's build - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Freya's build
Friday, July 06, 2012 4:29 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Well if there's incentive for me to go to the yard soon, I could always look for parts for you guys? If you're willing to pay shipping and cost of parts. AND assuming it's semi-easy stuff to pull. I'm not pulling a motor or hubs or something for you lol

aw damn and here I was gonna ask you to pull me an Eco

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Friday, July 06, 2012 4:33 PM
Kiss my ass, you'll be doing an Eco swap in that on your own. The one I did in my purple '98 was hell on wheels... never again.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Saturday, July 07, 2012 1:24 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Kiss my ass, you'll be doing an Eco swap in that on your own. The one I did in my purple '98 was hell on wheels... never again.

i was joking...

Saturday, July 07, 2012 4:20 PM
Lol yeah I know here in pa I live by like 5 or 6 yards and they always have a bunch of js in them with plenty of parts to choose from I even picked up some ls sport skirts and rear bumper for one of the members on here that was looking for em for awhile
Sunday, July 08, 2012 3:54 PM

Getting the wheels ready for paint

intake painted (get's installed Tuesday)

No more lift kit, eh Jhand!?

sway bar painted and installed (can't wait to do the head)

did an oil change on her, still have to paint the wheels and get them on. but it's looking like rain, so we closed up shop for the day

Monday, July 09, 2012 7:13 AM
SynthAngel wrote:

No more lift kit, eh Jhand!?
Took ya long enough! Lol
Car looks and runs good in person, just get that exhaust fix *holds head* and it'll be golden!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:43 PM

yay Toyos!

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 12:16 PM

because there is nothing scarier than a girl in a little purple car who can handle a firearm!

single piece headlights (yay sun glare) and toyos installed thanks to the guys in Central Florida Jbodys

She's coming along!

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:36 PM
Im in Gainesville and there are like ten j's in the yard at most times ,hit me up if you want me to keep lookout.Car looks good otherwise.Dig the headlights.
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:35 PM
Yeah Mike, we could def use a set of foglight housings and a few other small pieces, like rear speaker connectors, bumper lenses socket. We've been so busy with moving over the last couple of weeks that I haven't had the chance to hit any yards.

Thursday, August 02, 2012 4:23 AM

If you are on coilovers, like it appears in this pic, the bottom perch needs to be gone, especially in the front. I hope its not the same way up front since the perches are on an angle.

Thursday, August 02, 2012 6:22 AM
SynthAngel wrote:
because there is nothing scarier than a girl in a little purple car who can handle a firearm!

Thursday, August 02, 2012 8:56 PM
Yeah Darren, KYB AGX's and Dropzone coilovers. How do you remove the perches, just cut them off?

Friday, August 03, 2012 3:06 AM
Yup, I will see if I can dig up my pics I have of this. I roll pics of the whole process a couple years ago for a full write, but never did it. Funnily enough, it was with ground controls and dropzones. Lol

Friday, August 03, 2012 3:47 AM
Well whatcha know? Found them relatively quickly.
Fronts:
You are going to start with this. Im pointing at the weld that needs to stay.

Start by cutting most of the perch off, thats just so its out of the way, then cut one straight up like this. WATCH HOW DEEP YOU CUT! You do NOT want to cut right into the tube.

Then go around the strut cutting right above the weld, I cut very shallow and went over it a couple times, slowly.

When you are getting close, start to pry with a screwdriver or small pry bar, you will know when its ready to come off.

This is what you will be left with.

This is how the sleeve sits when done.

You can see the height difference with and without the perch. The previous owner of this set rode around with the perches and actually damaged the sleeve on one side, it took alot for me to fix it and make it driveable again. So I hope you guys havent put too much mileage on the car with them already.

As for the rears, I THINK I was just able to beat the perches off without having to cut, but like I said, its been a couple years since I did this.
This is after I removed the perch, I dont see any cut lines in the strut, so I think I just beat them upwards.

This is how the sleeve fits on, there is a lip on the inside of it that sits on the strut, you can see it sits ALOT lower without the perch.

Hope this helped. PLEASE do this asap. I used a grinder with a cutoff wheel, like I said, working VERY slowly when cutting.

Friday, August 03, 2012 2:15 PM
what is the point of doing this? to lower it more? cause I'm still sitting on stock wheels (Rotas are still inpaint)

Friday, August 03, 2012 2:29 PM
Read what I wrote between the pics. It damages the coilovers. They aren't designed to sit on the perches. The wheels you have right now have nothing to do with it.

Friday, August 03, 2012 3:46 PM
Let me get this straight...

Darren goes through the trouble of explaining everything with pictures and...

Sinh doesn't bother to read or understand it. Some people really shouldn't be modifying their cars...

Friday, August 03, 2012 5:27 PM
We've put quite some miles on them. Mileage is unknown from pervious owner, but I probably put about 8k on them myself.

Friday, August 03, 2012 5:47 PM
Get em done asap. Hopefully the sleeves are still in good condition.

Friday, August 03, 2012 7:20 PM
Nice write up Darren! Hopefully it helps them with the project!

Saturday, August 04, 2012 7:54 AM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:Let me get this straight...

Darren goes through the trouble of explaining everything with pictures and...

Sinh doesn't bother to read or understand it. Some people really shouldn't be modifying their cars...

I checked it in work and the number of pictures made this slow comp jumpy. I must have missed it.

gtpsunfire wrote:Read what I wrote between the pics. It damages the coilovers. They aren't designed to sit on the perches. The wheels you have right now have nothing to do with it.

Thanks for the info.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:20 AM
Like I said, when you have the funds the local yard has 95-99 fogs for $23ish bucks.
Its coming along nicely.

Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:07 AM

just need new fogs and to fix the headlights. question tho, i have tape stuck on my wheels and can't get it the hell off....that's what that peeling stuff is. Suggestions?

Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:12 PM
Approved.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search