my s/c 04 Cavy thus far... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my s/c 04 Cavy thus far...
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:56 PM
Well I thought Id drop in and post my s/c setup as it is now. All bolt ons, no internal upgrades at all and sitting at 185k miles.
While I've got some stuff to work out, its nearly done. I am going with a slightly smaller pulley (2.8" vs my 3.0"), meth, and a smaller belt...but then thats prob ALL i will invest in this stock motor. If i keep the car, a rebuild and a turbo or a larger TVS setup will be my goal.

Let me know what you guys think...she surprises the hell out of a lot of cars as they see a stock 2dr cavalier roll up with steelies lol....and its not even running as good as it should be! Needs a good tune (running very rich into the throttle) and slight belt slippage. But pulls very smooth!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Re: my s/c 04 Cavy thus far...
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:57 PM
and i still havent got a ride in it lol

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:26 PM
its over rated

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:39 PM
42lb injectors and only 8lbs of Boost? Did I read this correctly?

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:51 PM
Juicy- got to remember that psi is just a measurement of resistance with the blower cars. Adding full exhaust over a stock one will drop the psi. I had roughly8-10 psi on a 3.0

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 9:00 PM
Dereeeek, when you coming up to dtown man, i wanna see about going down to austin or san antonio one of these days

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 2:43 AM
whats up alex. Yeah i dunno, need to try to plan a group cruise or something...i like long cruises but people always have stuff going on and nothing actually gets planned!

and yeah Rokn, 8lbs. Ive never hit more than that. Ive walked M62's that were getting 16-18+ lbs too...so my 8lbs is just running more efficiently with the setup. But its just disappointing because I feel like it could be faster..though for what it has beat i think its actually running pretty good if it werent rich. i can give it like half throttle and instantly it'll go to 10.0 and if i let off it'll 'buck'. may get that fixed today actually...we'll see.

i was going to experiment and remove the 2nd phenolic spacer (blower to IM) and try squeezing on the stage2 belt. If its a tighter fit it should fix ANY slippage issues which should allow any lost boost to be regained...mainly fixing the rich issue is my goal though, as i dont see getting much faster without a smaller pulley (though how much gain from that i dont know).

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 4:33 AM
Blu- those other cars running 16psi out of an mp62 you have to keep inmind they have 2.0L motors, because yours is bigger there will be a drop in psi as well. My buddy who had an ion redline was supprised how low the boost was on my cavi.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 6:57 PM
one of them was Austin and his sedan, 2.2L Ecotec with over 17lbs on full motor build and i think the stock 3.35" pulley (cant remember the exact size, but its stock). so i dont know honestly why mine only maxes at 8. my exhaust alone cant be accounting for 10lbs compared to other cavaliers..i mean what exhaust is everyone else running?? the only thing i can think of is im running the bigger LSJ header from Pace Setter...but a smaller pulley should at least be showing 10-12lbs id think...

Austins 02 s/c (ic pump not working) and my 04 s/c (belt slipping)

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 6:59 PM
chris rod wrote:and i still havent got a ride in it lol

did i just see you leaving bens work yesterday? you work at Freedom Chevrolet too? i waited at the gas station but never saw you...you must have gotten onto i10

Thursday, July 05, 2012 5:08 AM
Austins car is also running, 8.9:1 compression wiseco's, at.20 overbore, less power on 17 psi at that compression level. Generally higher compression is better on S/C setups.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 5:09 AM
blu04DD wrote:one of them was Austin and his sedan, 2.2L Ecotec with over 17lbs on full motor build and i think the stock 3.35" pulley

He has to have a issue with his car or boost gauge if he is seeing 17psi n the stock pulley. To get into that psi territory you have to be running like a 2.6 pulley.

To give an idea im sitting at 12 psi with a stock exhaust and no intercooling on the stock pulley and im at sea level. Any mod over and above that is going to lower your psi. Remember its a restriction to flow...not more flow.
Thursday, July 05, 2012 6:31 AM
i guess its just hard to compare when everyone is running slightly different modifications, so through extensive research beforehand i had higher boost levels in mind. (not that higher means faster)
my mod combination must be pretty ideal, getting the lowest boost ive seen on any of the M62 builds yet being able to run decently built turbo cars (including newer Speed3's). whats funny is im still running rich and have slight belt slippage, so once i get those two things down i should see even better potential on this setup. my goal is to throw on the smooth flow 2.8" and meth. I just havent found the pulley yet without buying it new for $50 lol, so im being patient.

Austins car feels great though, ive been in it a few times and the whine got me hooked lol. His was the first s/c cavy ive been in and was kind of an inspiration to get my build completed.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 3:50 PM
yeah i work with ben now
ur car look beastly especially with the exhaust u got
i need a ride asap damn it!!!!

Friday, July 06, 2012 2:05 PM
lol its no different than when it was at LittleRiver dragway! I did my full exhaust and all the suporting mods (including the high performance fuel pump) before installing the supercharger and the tune.

but im getting the tune tomorrow hopefully to take care of my rich fuel issue...then i can focus on the pulley/belt slipping and im golden!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search