My time to say goodbye - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My time to say goodbye
Sunday, July 29, 2012 8:05 AM
Yes just like most j-body owners that come and go on this site, I think after a long and exciting 10 years of modifying these cars I'm officially done. My current and best built car I've ever owned is in the process of being torn down, parted out, returned to stock and eventually sold. I want to thank all of those who have been an inspiration over the many years. I wouldn't have the knowledge I do today with modifying. I've moved on to bigger and better things and am really happy with that. I knew I wouldn't be working on j-bodies forever. In fact I never thought I would have this long. But anyway I'm going to post up a few pictures even though they have been posted before. This is how she sits now before I tear her down. Main reason for doing this is because I stand to make more money on her this way. And I don't like the idea of someone buying my hard work and tearing the @!#$ out of her. Within the next couple months keep an eye out in the northeast forum for a big part out sale. Its been great guys...

I know some are wondering what I moved to...

and one more with the future wife...

Its a 99 Trans Am WS6... C5 ZO6 wheels, built bottom end, cam, headers. The thing is a monster. Nice upgrade from a j-body for sure

Re: My time to say goodbye
Sunday, July 29, 2012 8:30 AM
both cars looked/look good. moving from a pontiac to a pontiac ftw

Sunday, July 29, 2012 9:15 AM
^^ Chevy to Pontiac

Nice "new" car. Always liked them. Good luck with everything

Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:21 AM
approved of upgrade

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:39 AM
definitely seems to be the way most of the j-body enthusiasts of yesteryear have gone to... the f-body. she looks good man but i gotta say your cav fire looks amazing and its gonna be sad to see it leave.

have to admitt, i think its the sexiest example of a cavfire i have ever seen come out of this place.

is that mark's m62 setup?

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Sunday, July 29, 2012 10:57 AM
Thank you, and yes it is. The whole kit he sold me including much more will be sold at a hell of a steal whenever I get to turning the engine back to stock. Everything will be in fact except for a few items I'll hang onto.

Sunday, July 29, 2012 6:58 PM
Sad to see it go. I like the new car though. I also like the idea of being able to buy that M62 setup

Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:12 PM
When stuff goes up depending on price I would be interested in wideband, but it def is sad to see ones car with as much as yours has to be stripped and pieced out.....
Monday, July 30, 2012 1:45 AM
Take care bro! Love the new ride aswell!

Monday, July 30, 2012 3:53 AM
Greg, if I ever happen bump into you anywhere, I would like to shake your hand man. Hope you pop in every once in a while and share some WS6 pics.

PS, thanks for letting us sharpie up the car. Had a great time with you at that bash.

I think you should put some OLD pics up....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 30, 2012 4:28 AM
Sad to see you go meckster, very sad to see the cav/fire parting out, but I'll be looking at that part out thread for parts for the wife's cavfire, fo sho.
Good luck on the WS6 build, when and if I ever upgrade out of my J it will most likely be into an f-body, good move sir.

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:14 AM
ahh that makes me sad, why not jsut keep it as a back up?
looks good though new an old.
Monday, July 30, 2012 7:39 AM
I really like the zo6's on the T/A very nice.

Monday, July 30, 2012 12:56 PM
Good luck man. I know how it feels to want to walk away, onto bigger & better things.

But, no matter what you do, you will always have an itch for j-bodies. I sold my show car

In January of '12, & I still miss it, but knew selling it was for the best due to my financial

Situation at the time...unfortunately, I'm still not onto bigger & better things! Lol

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Monday, July 30, 2012 12:57 PM
Yikes! Double post from my phone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 30, 2012 4:55 PM

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Monday, July 30, 2012 1:11 PM
sad to see it go. you've always had such talent when it came to modding j's. congrats on the upgrade. that's got to be a blast to drive. best of luck to you and the future wife

Monday, July 30, 2012 3:50 PM
if you decide to sell those motegi's, lmk meckster..

and the f-bod mod is nice..
i have a 2000 maple red trans am myself.
loveit

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, July 30, 2012 4:36 PM
Well, sad to see another JBO member leave the scene, but it's gotta happen to most of us at some point. Nice upgrade, for sure. Pretty much looks like the big brother of the Cavfire. LOL

That is definitely your best ride. Very tastefully done. I never realized that you had done the interior swap as well as the front end.

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:28 PM
Car looks great meck! Bring the ta out to an autox sometime

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:30 PM
sucks to see...esp with that front end. but it happens. good luck with it all...

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:55 PM
You were a inspiration to me. I remenmber meeting you in 2004 jbody bash in lords town. Good luck man!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 1:00 AM
one of the meanest cavfires around

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:47 AM
Sad to see you go, but I will be taking that bumper and hood off your hands when you're ready to part it out

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:09 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Sad to see you go, but I will be taking that bumper and hood off your hands when you're ready to part it out

Why, they would see more action stored in his garage! lol

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:11 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Greg, if I ever happen bump into you anywhere, I would like to shake your hand man. Hope you pop in every once in a while and share some WS6 pics.

PS, thanks for letting us sharpie up the car. Had a great time with you at that bash.

I think you should put some OLD pics up....

I have to say that was probably my favorite bash I ever went to. I had a blast and remember getting really really drunk, haha

Snowman wrote:ahh that makes me sad, why not jsut keep it as a back up?
looks good though new an old.

I may do that after everything is sold off of it and just keep it as a nice stock beater, but the g/f can't drive a stick and it doesnt make sense to have a back up car she can't drive.

strat81 wrote:Car looks great meck! Bring the ta out to an autox sometime

Thats the plan, most definitely!

To everyone thank you very much for all the kind words. Glad to see I was an inspiration to a lot of people. Thats what this hobby is all about, having fun and learning from others. I'm sure no matter what I'll be in and out of j-bodies as good daily drivers. I just won't be modifying them anymore. I'm sure I'll pop in and out every once and a while.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search