Sickness: The Disease Won't Stop. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sickness: The Disease Won't Stop.
Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:41 PM
So it's been almost 2 years since I bought the car - and I realized it's been nearly that long since I took some photos of the it.

2012 has been a sucky season for the car as of yet - back in January/February the Getrag started to make some not-so-awesome noises while rolling in gear, so in late April-May it was time to do a few things to the car:

- "New" Getrag installed (Thanks Uberfail for the trans!)
- Junkyard axles
- New front brakes
- New front balljoints
- New front wheelbearings
- Tein Basics on new stock mounts (Front only, I have to rebuild the rears before I can put them on.)

Then over the last month the car has sat awaiting yet another upgrade - thanks Darren for the help!

- New Fuel Filter
- Racetronix fuel pump & harness

I don't know what happened but after the above 2 changes my fuel mileage jumped BIG time. I went from barely hitting 500 km a tank to 650 on my first tank of gas. Perhaps I'll spend the $100 and get 2 credits to HPTune the car a bit, it needs a bit of a wake-up in the top-end in time for the JCO bash.

If I ever get a chance to meet up with Nick then perhaps I will have another "new" upgrade before the end of the season - a CF Ram air hood.

I spent some time in the last few days doing a 40060243 step cleaning process on the car - needless to say it was claybarred twice, 2 stage 1 paint cleaner steps, 2 stage 2 polishes, 2 coats of Nu Finish and 2 coats of FX Synwax. Save for the rust on the bottom of the doors and the few odd stone chips it looks almost new again. Next season I'll tackle repainting the car, I just need to find new doors.

In the meantime I am working away at the supercharger project, practicing my welding and getting ready to prepare a final set of wood brackets so I can move onto the metal. I'll post progress in that thread as I make it.

Sickness has lived up to its name. It keeps me modding against my will while making small changes here and there! Fortunately it has been forcing me to learn new skills along the way which is far more valuable than $$ to me, personally.

On to the pics!

As always all questions and comments (good and bad) are welcomed!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...

Re: Sickness: The Disease Won't Stop.
Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:01 PM
Nice looking ride.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 10:43 PM
Lookin good.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 11:54 PM
No whine no care.

Monday, August 06, 2012 4:42 AM
Looking good!

Monday, August 06, 2012 5:01 AM
approved

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, August 06, 2012 5:05 AM
Your plate is crooked

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that.

Monday, August 06, 2012 5:22 AM
I'm sick of sickness. I want sweetness....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, August 06, 2012 5:42 AM
Nice, clean!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, August 06, 2012 6:14 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:No whine no care.

Monday, August 06, 2012 7:13 AM
awesome car

Monday, August 06, 2012 10:48 AM
good god i think i might like this one more than sweetness to be honest... i know i will for sure when shes blown!

fix ur left side of the trunk. it needs adjusted foo!

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Monday, August 06, 2012 4:13 PM
where did you get your headlights? they look like mine, but your halos seem brighter.

May the odds be ever in you favor.....

Monday, August 06, 2012 4:47 PM
WOOWWW look nice!!!!!

Monday, August 06, 2012 5:44 PM
Has it really been that long since you got this car?

Seems like yesterday. If it has that just means you need to start working on Sweetness.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 06, 2012 11:39 PM
Car looks great. I can't remember the last time I saw pictures of it.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 3:41 PM
wow man really diggen this awesome work bud

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:14 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback, guys!

Quote:

I'm sick of sickness. I want sweetness....

Me too, Mike... me too. I picked up a phenolic spacer this week from OEM so I'm hoping to finish off the intake manifold, re-polish it and install it this season with the new PCV system. Then all that's left is the exhaust side of the engine and the AEM FIC which I will pick up over the winter and install.

Quote:

good god i think i might like this one more than sweetness to be honest... i know i will for sure when shes blown!

fix ur left side of the trunk. it needs adjusted foo!

It'll definitely be a fun little car with that supercharger on it, even at a small amount of boost. (8-10 psi)

I'll fix the trunk before the JCO bash... it isn't the bump stops. I need to grab the trunk and literally bend the arms, I think it was hit at some point in its life.

Quote:

where did you get your headlights? they look like mine, but your halos seem brighter.

They are the usual ebay ones, better than the first set I had that's for sure. I got this set off of Darren... the angel eyes are a lot brighter than my old pair but to be honest I think what you are seeing is the result of a 2 second shutter speed on the camera letting in more light. They almost look like CCFL's in the photos which isn't true to life as my CCFL's on Sweetness destroy these LED Angel Eyes. Also it helps I polished the living crap out of the lenses.

Quote:

Has it really been that long since you got this car?

Seems like yesterday. If it has that just means you need to start working on Sweetness.

It seems like just yesterday I was driving this car home from almost 4 hours away... but yes it has been 2 years and Sweetness is in the same position she was in about 3.5 years ago. Fortunately some of the projects I have taken on have forced me to learn some skills which I will need for Sweetness, such as welding. (I'll be needing a dump tube and supertrapp muffler added to the new 44mm Tial wastegate I plan to put in.)

Quote:

Car looks great. I can't remember the last time I saw pictures of it.

It's been nearly two years since I took a photo of it! I think some pics popped up of it after last years JCO bash, though. In all honesty I view it as my daily driver so it really doesn't get much in the way of "special" treatment - heck this is the first time I've cleaned and waxed it in a year.

The more I think about it the more I feel I may not race the car at the JCO bash - I get more enjoyment out of watching everybody else race. You miss so much when you're sitting in the staging lanes waiting your turn... and frankly I'm not too confident in turning over those heavy 18" rims and tires to the 60' mark without breaking something. I've never been a fan of turning over big heavy rims on a VHT prepped track... (I TOLD you not to run those chrome 19's Andy! You shattered that transmission... haha.)

I'll definitely be there, though. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the cars I've tuned run up the track.

Are you going to try and make it up to Canadia for the event, Mike?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, August 09, 2012 10:27 AM
One of my favorite Cavs ever! I love clean kitted Cavs and this one definitely is.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search