Its All-Motor......just with a Turbo. - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Its All-Motor......just with a Turbo.
Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:15 AM
Yeah just be careful. Like you said, no need to make internals externals...

I wont go much above 400 if I make it that far... Dont need it and cant use it... ill stick with that much and be plenty happy.

Meth will be your friend for sure. Im excited to see it go.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:36 AM
I see your logic there, but the problem with 400whp is that it isn't 500whp

Sadly no amount of power will ever be enough, hopefully I can keep myself in check and keep the boost down.

Either way, should be a blast when I'm finished....can't freaking wait.

With any luck it will be finished minus the turbo, exhaust and a few other bits that are on order by the end of the weekend.

Plan for tonight is to get everything cleaned and painted and toss my racetronix pump in the tank, maybe start Meth install if I have time as well.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:01 PM
you are nucking futs.

I need a new sig.
Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:01 PM
Can't freaking wait to see this build!

J-Body Club of Ontario (JCO)
Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:07 PM
Awesome! Still was nice to hear a all motor lil sunfire take on a corvette lol

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, August 24, 2012 8:26 AM
Well progress last night was slow, took forever to get everything cleaned up, and I'm pretty sure they guy who owned the car had shares in RTV silicone cause it was freaking everywhere.

Anyways, all cleaned up, and since I hate silver/bare aluminum everything got a coat of flat black.

The charge pipe that goes to the intake manifold as well as the exhaust manifold are off with my buddy getting sandblasted at work and I will toss a nice fresh coat of paint on them tonight.

Friday, August 24, 2012 11:41 AM
And before anyone bitches that the paint will peal/burn off the exhaust manifold or wastegate, its all painted with VHT Flameproof paint, which withstands temps up to 2000*F.

So it will be fine! LOL

Friday, August 24, 2012 2:56 PM
turbo is small....weak intercooler too lol

step up asap

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, August 24, 2012 3:36 PM
damn i was gonna claim dibs on that header......booooo let me know if anything changes with it.

Friday, August 24, 2012 4:41 PM
What's the compression on this crazy Canadian motor?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:33 AM
DSMskyline wrote:What's the compression on this crazy Canadian motor?

newt wrote:BuiltNBoosted - Compression is guestimated at around 11.3:1, cams bleed off a lot of pressure tho ( or I was horribly wrong with the estimate) cause I compression tested it the other day and the average of all the cylinders is 217psi (compared to 205psi in my stock 2.2 Eco).

I need a new sig.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 11:06 PM
newt wrote:And before anyone bitches that the paint will peal/burn off the exhaust manifold or wastegate, its all painted with VHT Flameproof paint, which withstands temps up to 2000*F.

So it will be fine! LOL

The VHT flameproof is good stuff! Been on my header for almost 2 years now and still looks good

Monday, August 27, 2012 8:02 AM
Managed to get the new fuel pump in this weekend, so at least the messiest job is out of the way.

Disconnected my battery to wash my engine bay and now the car runs all weird, not sure if it just needs to relearn, or I got water in something, fueling is way out to lunch.

Oh well, that will figure itself out soon.

Monday, August 27, 2012 5:48 PM
newt wrote:
Oh well, that will figure itself out soon.

I see we think alike. lol.

Monday, August 27, 2012 6:48 PM
Hahaha it works!

Drove my car back into work tonight and it runs normal again!!

Must of been either some water or just needed a bit of time to relearn the fuel trims.

SWEET!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:47 PM
Ordered this...

At $251, it has been the single most expensive thing I have bought for this build, final cost of the turbo kit included....LOL

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:08 AM
daaaaaym... thats spendy for a personal plate. i think here its $20 to start and $5 extra each year thereafter. at least it is here in iowa anyway...

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 8:53 AM
Damn Newt, never knew you were an Ontarian as well. I'm in K-W, where abouts are you from in the big O?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:53 AM
Ya man, I'm up in Sudbury, I'm down at Cayuga all the time for the CSCS events.

I never knew you were from Ontario either...lol

I used to party in Waterloo all the time back in the day, the bits and pieces I remember from my many nights out at "Phil's" still haunt my dreams hahahaha

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:01 AM
Newt - lookin good! Was nice meeting you at the JCO Bash... was awesome watching you run too! Too bad about that red light, as soon as you started to go I said "he jumped"... did you do something different that run than the others I watched? You seem to have an exact pattern as you hit the water box and then stage.

PS - awesome burnouts.

Lastly - where in Ontario did you get the VHT paint? I'm considering treating my exhaust with it just to help it last longer. Do you need to prep much for it?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:34 AM
Same here man!

Ya that run I messed up, I usually only roll forward enough just to say I'm breaking the stage beam, on that run I ended up rolling deeper into the stage beam than I normally do...and well that made all the difference as you saw. I think I red lit by 0.02X or something IIRC.

Oh well thats racing for ya, anything can happen!

Ya I have a bit of a groove I've developed over the years, once the I start pulling up to the burnout box and the lid on my helmet goes down...its game time and its almost to the point where I don't even think about what I'm doing...I just do it....hard to kinda explain...haha

I got the paint from my buddy for free to be honest, he is a heavy duty equipment mechanic and he just got it from work...but Canadian tire I'm pretty sure sells it.

The can states there is some prep to do...to be honest I didn't follow it, but it also has a curing procedure that you can either do in an oven, or when its already on the car, give you both options on the can.

I figured for free it was worth a shot, I'll see how it holds up.

I'm gonna coat my exhaust manifold in it as well as my new muffler, so its not so visible from the back of the car, hopefully keep the cops away.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 12:58 PM
newt wrote: I remember from my many nights out at "Phil's" still haunt my dreams hahahaha

Oh man, I've been to Phil's many times, quite the place thats for sure.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:21 PM
Good ol' dirty Phil's lol some of my proudest moments are from that bar. Coincidently some of my drunkest are too haha too bad they upped the price of $1.50 drinks to $2.50. Still the only bar I know of that gets you obliterated off $20. Hell, I spend twice that on the cab home. I think i should probably start trying to go to JCO bashes n such, I've been around since 06 and haven't met a damn person lol. Might want to get my POS running first nice build by the way. It's too bad N/A didn't take you where you wanted to go, sucks to do so much work and fall short of something. Good luck going forward man.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:03 AM
Yay parts!

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:20 PM
I have that same BOV on Sweetness - I'm not a fan of it.... I wanted the 3 tone "whistle-down" (that Mars had) over the PSSSHT!

Be sure to shim it correctly, btw.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search