Impala Seats in Cavalier - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Impala Seats in Cavalier
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:44 PM
OK guys i dont THINK anyone had done this swap yet, but oh well. I traded out my stock seats years ago for some pleather racing seats from ebay, which were fine for a while, snug but not so comfy. Over the years they started falling apart, until i just felt like i was sitting on metal tubing. My car has sense been retired from "car shows" and has been seeing much more highway and track use.....it was time for some real seats
I pulled this set from the local junk yard from a 2010 Chevy Impala. leather with sued inner. lumbar adj. electric sliders, even heated cusions.
all for $100 !!!!

then the fun began..had to build some brackets to fit. Before someone else tries this i must warn you..these seats are WIDE. There was not enough room for the sliders on the floor pan. you HAVE to raise them up at LEAST an inch to keep them from sitting at an angle. so heres my first set of brackets.

add alittle paint.......

and of course the final product !!!

now, ofcourse it really wasnt that simple, had to cut off the hooks in the front of the rails, drill additional holes in the sliders. not too mention the right slider is longer than the left..god knows why. Then wiring up the seat heater and electric motors and such. Wasnt exactly fun..but final product....................veryyyy comfyyyyyy

so what do you guys think? ??

Re: Impala Seats in Cavalier
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:02 PM
Interesting idea and looks like a nice result. No issues between the center console and door?

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:07 PM
They look nice, though they seem to be sitting a lot higher than stock... maybe it's just the angle?

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:49 PM
im not sure..i dont have a stock car to compare. I can only go by pics of others interiors. if i had to guess i would say about the same height. They seem to sit just a tad higher than my racing seats..but the blue seat is Lower than stock. They do however slide further forward and backward than the race seat...which is great ! especially for the passenger, since leg room in a cav isnt easy to come by.

Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:18 AM
very nice scott. love em.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:17 PM
glad you likem brad. Hopefully these last longer than the ebay seats :p

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:15 PM
Just an update. got both seats in securely and electronics all working right. however these seats are WIDE , i had to remove the trunk latch from the floor pan completely just to get the driver side to fit. all in all i would not recommend this swap to the novice tuner. Anyone who wants nice comfy seats that almost look like they were made to be there these are nice..and cheap and easy to come by it seems. they are also the SAME seat thats in the newerish malibu. Im just glad they are finally in so can stop working on them. but the drives sure are more enjoyable now

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:16 PM

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:08 PM
Those seem to fit in there really quite nicely!
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:30 PM
How is it that the seats are mounted to the bracket? Are the Impala sliders bolted to the bracket you made? I'm tying to figure out a way to keep the Camaro SS driver seat I bought electric.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:17 PM
Clemente Gallo wrote:How is it that the seats are mounted to the bracket? Are the Impala sliders bolted to the bracket you made? I'm tying to figure out a way to keep the Camaro SS driver seat I bought electric.

the electronics are imbetween the seat and the sliders. i bolted the sliders to the brackets i made...and kept everything inbetween the same. so the motors still work

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:08 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:
Clemente Gallo wrote:How is it that the seats are mounted to the bracket? Are the Impala sliders bolted to the bracket you made? I'm tying to figure out a way to keep the Camaro SS driver seat I bought electric.

the electronics are imbetween the seat and the sliders. i bolted the sliders to the brackets i made...and kept everything inbetween the same. so the motors still work

So the driver side sits a little higher? You made a bracket for both sides? I think I might take an angle grinder to the original Bolts then weld some new bolts to where the Camaro sliders will be
Friday, August 24, 2012 4:31 PM
are you talking about the studs?? you cant put sliders on studs...if you go into the slider more than a half inch or so it will keep the sliders from working..ESPECIALLY electric rails that have mechanical parts IN the sliders.
and no, the driver side is no higher than the passenger side..if any thing it is lower since it is height adjustable. These rails are 19" apart side to side...you will NOT fit rails that wide on that floor pan without raising them up..there is no room. they had to come up an inch to clear. pan on either side

Friday, August 24, 2012 7:08 PM
scott (section8cav) wrote:are you talking about the studs?? you cant put sliders on studs...if you go into the slider more than a half inch or so it will keep the sliders from working..ESPECIALLY electric rails that have mechanical parts IN the sliders.
and no, the driver side is no higher than the passenger side..if any thing it is lower since it is height adjustable. These rails are 19" apart side to side...you will NOT fit rails that wide on that floor pan without raising them up..there is no room. they had to come up an inch to clear. pan on either side

Yeah I saw saw that the studs at only tac welded to the floor pan so I might try welding new ones
Saturday, August 25, 2012 6:29 PM
you cant put studs in rails...especially electric ones. thats why you make brackets.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search