New suspension - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New suspension
Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:12 PM
hey all, don't post on here much but since i was some questions about my new setup i figured i'd post up some pics.
I've been running on KYB GR2's and Goldline lowering springs for the last 5 years and i know its not a proper setup and i'll be honest it rode like @!#$. Well i finally got my new struts and springs in.

I picked up a set of Tokico HP Blues and some Tein S tech springs. I think this will help out in the comfort department a lot more over my current setup. There was 2 reasons i went with the Tein springs 1) I know they are a very reputable company and make some awesome products and 2) the right height in the back in a bit taller in the front (1.7" drop F and 1.5" drop R) this will help out with my 125# worth of stereo gear i have in the back, so hopefully i wont be sagging near as much.

all i have is pics of the struts and springs right now. i am getting all new mounts next week and trying to track down some spring insulators and new bump stops.

front strut

rear shock

rear spring (Tein)

one front and rear spring sitting on shock and strut

i will be taking pics and measurements of the before and after as to how high it actually sits and what the stance looks like and will post those up once i get it done which i hope i going to happen in a few weeks. (im starting school next week so i might be a bit longer) although i hope not.

thoughts, comments or questions shoot em my way, thanks for lookin

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB

Re: New suspension
Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:26 PM
Ooooh, gonna be niiiiiice!!!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:47 PM
Sweet. S-techs on yellows were the smoothest ridin setup I've had out of yellows with tein's, road magnet,koni sport springs, sportlines and ground controls...

Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:03 PM
Have fun I'm running HP with eibac and I can t spell lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, September 03, 2012 12:31 PM
I want to see how this turns out. Keep us posted.

Monday, September 03, 2012 2:59 PM
i will, i have to order my mounts tomorrow and still figure out what im doing for the insulators and bump stops.

gmpartsdirect.com doesn't ship outside us unless you send them a US certified check and the dealer wants $30 a piece instead of $8 from gmpartsdirect

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search