First Adam's Detail On The Turbo Cavalier - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: First Adam's Detail On The Turbo Cavalier
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:20 AM
Car looks great........and Adams products are top notch. I haven't bought anything from them that wasn't amazing

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:23 AM
Bobby Higgins wrote:This car is just begging for rear disk's!!!!!
Still, its a beautiful ride.

It will get them soon enough. Drums are working fine for now but matching Wilwoods will look even better. Probably going to save for the ring first though. Considering they are working fine. She will like that too

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:37 PM
Awesome man! Never heard of Adams is it somebody on here? Or a distributor? Only thing I think woulda looked cool if u had your paint line on the hood line up with the grille and painted the grille black

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:56 PM
Very very nice, Vince. Where did you get that dash bezel from? Since I'm deleting my a/c, something like that would be ideal for me.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:56 PM
Looks great Vince.

SeamlessZ24 wrote:Awesome man! Never heard of Adams is it somebody on here? Or a distributor? Only thing I think woulda looked cool if u had your paint line on the hood line up with the grille and painted the grille black

http://www.adamspolishes.com/

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:04 PM
Getting married this Winter eh? Did anyone read that post?

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:04 PM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:Awesome man! Never heard of Adams is it somebody on here? Or a distributor? Only thing I think woulda looked cool if u had your paint line on the hood line up with the grille and painted the grille black

http://www.adamspolishes.com/ I need to actually place another order coming up soon. Im addicted. But with 3 black vehicles in the family and a muscle car, gotta spend a lot of time keeping the swirls out.

As for the hood. I wanted something unique. As far as I know, nobody else has done this paint scheme to the hood. Also the driver side front corner had some damage that had to be fixed so it had primer on it anyway to do that sort of a line. I like this a lot better since you can see the CF but still has a lot of paint.

Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Very very nice, Vince. Where did you get that dash bezel from? Since I'm deleting my a/c, something like that would be ideal for me.

The bezel was started by that Kyle kid from Wisconsin and finished by me, then the body shop to 100% finish it. Was a paint but I like it vs a pillar pod. This way if someone is next to me, no gauges to show off. plus they are in a good spot to view.

thevilliagemon wrote:Getting married this Winter eh? Did anyone read that post?

It wont be this winter. She has seen the ring since I wanted her to so that I could make sure it was one she liked. So now I have to try to finish the car AND get a ring So I really havn't even asked her but we both know she will say yes since we already have a lot of the wedding already planned out haha. Not even married or engaged and have it all planned out. Im guessing either some time next fall since we want an outdoor wedding.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:33 PM
nice

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:31 AM
looking good as always

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:01 AM
looks good vince, come down and clean the cobwebs off mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:49 PM
cars looking good friend

Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:14 AM
Thanks guys. BFAB stickers finally showed up so I put them where they belong!

Monday, September 24, 2012 11:55 PM
Looks alright...... for a EcoTec anyway.....

Love you Vince!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:06 PM
cleaned up nicely! wash products look legit!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Saturday, September 29, 2012 4:42 PM
OMG! that car is just OMG sexy its fast and oh so smooth and the stance is spot on.

see ya!

Saturday, September 29, 2012 6:55 PM
Thanks guys. got some fresh gas in it today and it starts and idles so much smoother. Got all the 2 year old gas out of it finally. Got everything pretty well set up how I want it. Just working on a tune day. Cant wait for it to be out and about and hit the track.

Also, big news is that i fabbed up something to trip the clutch safety switch sooner as well as a pedal stop so that the clutch pedal doesnt go all the way to the floor. This is an issue for anyone running a twin disc or some aftermarket clutches. What happens is that the pedal goes too far to the floor and over extends the clutch fingers and bending them causing them to damage and fail. This way it doesnt do that. the pedal sits disengaged about an inch below the engagement point. WORKS FLAWLESS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, September 29, 2012 6:58 PM

Sunday, July 19, 2015 5:29 PM
Car is covered in an inch of dust at least but that didn't stop me from swapping the clutch.

Took this out since the car is going to be more of a driver than a race car.

Got this instead... Clutchmasters FX300

With the help of my wife I had this accomplished. Twin disc out, FX300 in, car back on the wheels in 5 hours or so. I didn't think that was too bad considering I have not wrenched on the car in 5 years.

Also, while screwing around with the car I noticed it would overboost what the wastegate was supposed to be regulating it at so I took a quick peek and found this...

Car still needs tuned, but I have funds going toward the house at the moment so it went back in my dads garage until I can afford to tackle it!

Sunday, July 19, 2015 5:49 PM
Glad you did some work, but the boost line is a easy cheap fix.

FU Tuning

Monday, July 20, 2015 6:49 AM
Yeah I simply cut it off and put it back on. Still on the list are getting the side skirt fixed that got crunched when my dad backed into my car with the golf cart. Getting the cutout working again. Tune. Thats pretty much it.

Was fun to work on it again but damn is the engine bay cramped!

There is a rattle of something hitting the firewall as well that I need to investigate at some point. Might head out and tq the wheels and go for a spin today... we will see!

Monday, July 20, 2015 11:43 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:There is a rattle of something hitting the firewall as well that I need to investigate at some point. Might head out and tq the wheels and go for a spin today... we will see!

Do ittt

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 20, 2015 1:23 PM
so glad to see you playing with her again sir! I will never stop pushing you until she runs and runs like you want!

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class

Monday, July 20, 2015 2:43 PM
Rattle was the wastegate dump tube hitting the frame. Fixed that today. Changed the oil that was long over due. Also I think I fixed the oil leak that was plaguing the car. Got it to MY house and got it all cleaned up. First bath in two years but it still cleans up nicely.

My new love is the Adam's Polishes H2O Guard & Gloss. LOVE that stuff!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 4:13 AM
NICE!!

FU Tuning

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 6:17 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Rattle was the wastegate dump tube hitting the frame. Fixed that today. Changed the oil that was long over due. Also I think I fixed the oil leak that was plaguing the car. Got it to MY house and got it all cleaned up. First bath in two years but it still cleans up nicely.

My new love is the Adam's Polishes H2O Guard & Gloss. LOVE that stuff!

WELCOME BACK! she looks great man! now get her all fixed up!

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 10:35 AM
Wait, WHAT?! You sold the twin disc?

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search