I need moar lows. - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I need moar lows.
Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:28 PM
jeremy carlin (cavguru) wrote:love the wheels what are the dimensions and offset and whats the tire size exhaust kills it for me cause could be a clean classy stanced cav with nice lips but thats just my opinion as long as your into it

17x9.75 et +25
215/45/17

gtpsunfire wrote:Please don't paint the rims, I love the colour.

I'd be using plasti-dip just in case I don't like it. The gold is growing on me though.

Jeff Wybrow wrote:
newt wrote:Apparently if your name isn't Jeff, no one loves your stanced Cavalier LOL

LOL right?

Personally dude, I think you're going a bit too hard for that beat-ass drift car look. Just my opinion. I catch a tonne of flack for my car too, and you're dealing with it better than I am.

You know it needs to be lower, and you know you need some cambery's out back. I'm curious as to how you're running that degree of camber in the front with a stock (as far as I know) adjustment setup?

Keep it up, you're on the right track.

It's my daily so I'm having fun with it, already got a real drift build going on.

I'm running the O.E.M caster/camber strut mounts and a cam bolt.

Spring time it'll be a lot cleaner, in about a week we'll have 6 inches of snow and the cav will be put into winter mode. This was a test to see how stuff fits... now that I know I need to go lower I've started planning for spring.

You can't tell someone that they're doing their car wrong, it's their car. I smile every time I go outside and see her, tell me how that's not what modifying cars is about?

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:11 PM
Perfect attitude, man. I catch @!#$ for still running a body kit and big wing, but @!#$ it. I love the way my car looks.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, November 06, 2012 9:09 PM
I dig the look keep up the work man!

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:05 PM
It is what it is. I'm over it.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:44 AM
Well how about that.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:22 AM
I freakn dig it!

We cant all be the same. Ur doing a good job. And yes ur right, modding ur car is all about making u happy, f everybody else.

This forum is full of hate, great attitude man!

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:20 PM
Twenty4z wrote:You can't tell someone that they're doing their car wrong, it's their car. I smile every time I go outside and see her, tell me how that's not what modifying cars is about?

*clap* *clap* *clap* That my friend, is what its ALL about.

I dig the bronze but if you are going to dip the rims I vote for white, then I can get a feel for what my car would look like stanced haha

Personally, other than the f bombs and the unnecessary 90° in the exhaust, this is one of the nicer 00-02 Ive seen, but I'm a sucker for 10 spoke rims..

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:30 PM
Thirsty Z wrote:
Twenty4z wrote:You can't tell someone that they're doing their car wrong, it's their car. I smile every time I go outside and see her, tell me how that's not what modifying cars is about?

*clap* *clap* *clap* That my friend, is what its ALL about.

I dig the bronze but if you are going to dip the rims I vote for white, then I can get a feel for what my car would look like stanced haha

Personally, other than the f bombs and the unnecessary 90° in the exhaust, this is one of the nicer 00-02 Ive seen, but I'm a sucker for 10 spoke rims..

White is def the plan, if not that than purple... plasti-dip will help me decide on that.

Come spring the Cav will be a lot cleaner (and lower), I'm just really bored and having fun with it.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:34 PM
awesome

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:53 PM
I can dig looks good on those wheels, im planning on running the same set up sometime next year

Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:15 PM
2500k fog bulbs on the way... winter wheels / tires will be on soon... coils will be raised... ew.

Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:44 PM
I like it a lot. But as the title says you need to haz moar lowz. haha. A few negative degrees of camber in the rear and a small spacer to get the wheels flush again and it will be in the good to go. Don't feel too bad about winter mode, it just makes the car look that much better in spring.
Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:53 PM
97sunvalier wrote:I like it a lot. But as the title says you need to haz moar lowz. haha. A few negative degrees of camber in the rear and a small spacer to get the wheels flush again and it will be in the good to go. Don't feel too bad about winter mode, it just makes the car look that much better in spring.

Spacers, camber, more lows, wheel paint, and major clean up are plans... among other things.
You're right about winter-mode... next spring is going to be amazing!!

Friday, November 09, 2012 1:38 PM
bosozoku style!!!! looks great!!

DOPER.
Friday, November 09, 2012 3:51 PM
REDECO wrote:bosozoku style!!!! looks great!!

Someone gets it.

Friday, November 09, 2012 6:16 PM
always wondered about driving it in the rain tho...

DOPER.
Friday, November 09, 2012 7:11 PM
REDECO wrote:always wondered about driving it in the rain tho...

Drilled a hole in each pipe to let water escape.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:06 AM
I love it hows that thing sounds though?

GOT ECOTEC?
Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:24 AM
Pacesetter header, Magnaflow cat, resonator and muffler... 2 1/2 piping. The 90 at the end really doesn't change it.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 3:58 PM
Love the exhaust and bomb stockers, not my style for mine, but says F-off to the norm. Good job.
Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:11 PM
Spencer wrote:Love the exhaust and bomb stockers, not my style for mine, but says F-off to the norm. Good job.

According to my son, they're "Fun" bombs.. hahaha.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:13 PM
I love everything but the boso exhaust. The finish throws everything off.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:45 PM
I dig this car a lot, nice work.

According to another thread of yours, you mentioned that you swapped out springs and got stiffer ones, what spring rates did you go with and how does it differ with the ones you had before (feel wise)?
Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:08 PM
Nef O wrote:I dig this car a lot, nice work.

According to another thread of yours, you mentioned that you swapped out springs and got stiffer ones, what spring rates did you go with and how does it differ with the ones you had before (feel wise)?

I'm running 6" 600lbs springs up front and 6" 375lbs springs in the rear.
It's stiff as @!#$... but I don't bottom out struts anymore.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:35 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Retarded exhaust, retarded stickers, retarded tire stretch, retarded camber, retarded grenade valve stem cover, and retarded skull thing hanging from bumper.

If by retarded you mean retardedly awesome.

Give me your car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search