Project-J 13' new year, new direction - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Project-J 13' new year, new direction
Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:20 PM
Some of us have Photoshop skills and even did a chop that you asked for a week ago.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:45 PM
Wow nice progress, looks like the same look as my car with. The wheel color combo

Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:57 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Some of us have Photoshop skills and even did a chop that you asked for a week ago.

I didn't realize you had done that for me, Thank you.
I forgot all about that request.

I'm itching to get the rear end lowered and gonna try to get back to the spot with that train painted on the wall and redo the pics.

Building it one piece at a time
Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:04 PM
Josh Watson wrote:
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Some of us have Photoshop skills and even did a chop that you asked for a week ago.

I didn't realize you had done that for me, Thank you.
I forgot all about that request.

I'm itching to get the rear end lowered and gonna try to get back to the spot with that train painted on the wall and redo the pics.

No problem. I think you should do it in a V across the hood and shoot the roof and trunk lid black but not the pillars. Sort of what I was going to do with my car.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:39 PM
The hood is going to be a "V" pattern, if you look at the hood the middle of the hood follows the lines of the marker lights and grills, this is what will be black.
There is a raised area that follows the lines of the headlights, this will be white.

I thought about just doing the roof, but I see it so often on white/black cars, and seems like a "Skunk".
In the below pic you can really make out the "bulge" on the hood following the headlights.

Finally got my digital camera working, so I grabbed a better quality shot.

Really hope I can get the right side 03-05 Headlight I need before SEGME(April 5th).
Really don't wanna go with the 95-02 headlights, and gotta see about bending the right edge of the hood back out, luckily it bent right after structural area of the hood, its just the very edge, should be able to bend it back into shape.

Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:38 PM

Got tired of the 95-02 headlights.. so..
I installed the 95-99 harness, and put on the one(left) 03-05 headlight I had.
Still have the 95-02 headlight on the right side, hoping to get the right side before SEGME, but things aren't looking good in that regards.
Also still need the small nuts for the upper bumper to fender studs, will have them before SEGME.

Supposed to snow all week... then Thursday and that weekend supposed to be nice and sunny hopefully get the hood painted and that bend fixed.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:15 AM
What happened to the raspberry looking BBS RA's

gilligan
Friday, March 29, 2013 1:34 PM
Sheridan wrote:What happened to the raspberry looking BBS RA's

Think you have me confused with someone else.

Friday, March 29, 2013 1:43 PM
Bits and pieces of my Interior swap I'm picking up at SEGME next weekend.

Finally got the rear end lowered, although it doesn't look like much.
Can't wait to get bigger tires later this year/next year.

Hopefully it will settle/lower more after it drives for a while.
Got done just in time, as it started to rain as soon as I got the wheel back on - Go Figure, so much for the all day sunny forecast.

Hopefully tomorrow will be sunny and warm like its supposed to be so I can take it out to the carwash then start painting the hood, roof, pillars and square-ish area on rear bumper.

Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:53 AM
Remove those door moldings lol, those are ruining the car and making it look more thrown together

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:02 PM
Keeping the door moldings, will be getting 03+ LSS skirts on there next weekend at SEGME and then switching to the 03+ side moldings.

Later down the road I may remove them, but I like the look of the side moldings.

Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:17 PM

Yeah yeah just 6 days and I'll have LSS skirts on and the fire' ones will be gone.

Got the rear end lowered, I love it.

Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:17 AM
So what's painted on this car? Not gonna lie, it looks like everything poorly primed.

Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:10 AM
Mirrors, Door Handles, Bumpers, Fenders, trunk/spoiler, the skirts were poorly painted, as I was running low on paint and just had a few weeks of having to use them.
The quarter panels will be painted after the dents are pulled and some repairs are made, both doors will be replaced as the right is damaged and the left side will not line up correctly.
We did feather the paint along the rear quarter panels where the bumper is so it wouldn't be such a color shock between the shades.

Car was painted with Duplicolor paintshop shot from a friends gun, its by no means a perfect paintjob but for my d.d. I'm happy with it.
I think the "poorly primered" look you see is dirt, mud and salt from driving in the snow over the last few days.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:03 PM

LSS side skirts, looks so much better than the 03-05 skirts IMO
Weather pending going over to my friends house Friday to get the skirt holes on the fender filled in as well as the hole on each quarter panel from the Drift skirts then we can start doing the body work.

Got my birthday party coming up next week, hoping my friend with the right side headlight and fog light I need is gonna make it so I can get the front end finished.
Picking up a quarter panel side molding next week until I replace the doors later this year, too much paint peeled off when I removed them last year.
Once I replace the doors I'll remove the moldings, as I'll need to repaint the doors anyhow.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:34 AM
Josh Watson wrote:
Sheridan wrote:What happened to the raspberry looking BBS RA's

Think you have me confused with someone else.

You have a pic of said wheel on page 1.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:34 PM
Looks good! Compared to the first especially. I'll be following
Monday, May 13, 2013 4:13 AM
Thanks for the comment!
I'm very happy with the decision to go with OEM exterior and not the body kit path and how the car is starting to come together.

here are a few updates since I last posted.

Finally have both foglights installed, still need to run the harness for the bulbs however.

Met up with a friend from TN the other week and attacked a local pick a part yard.

Got the side skirts lined up correctly.

Grabbed a shot next to a stock height Sunfire just for fun.

Not shown(having some issues with headliner and drivers pillar is broken), but I've swapped in Alex's Graphite rear quarter panels, headliner+cover/slide and A-Pillars, a first step towards losing the blue interior.
Having issues with the front left corner sitting flush(think I need to trim the foam down a bit) and the left a-pillar is missing a tab.

Dropping it off today or tomorrow to get the front end aligned, got knocked out when I hit a curb during SEGME in the beginning of April.
Then next step will be getting two 215/45/17 or 225/45/17 tires mounted on the two rims whose tires were ate by the front end being out of alignment, then next time funds are available will be getting same size tires on other two rims with the 205/40/17s.

And once the front end is aligned and I can drive it without eating tires I'll be meeting up with a friend and getting the missing 03-05 headlight.

next on the agenda now that we have a steady supply of warm weather is.. to remove door moldings.

Monday, May 20, 2013 3:54 AM

Repainted the rims.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:07 PM
Still has a long way to go, but most of the current issues are small details.
Here's how she looks right now.

The to-do list; the 'needs'
*Front right bearing
*Brakes and rotors
*Balljoints(have them, just gotta get old ones off)

The 'wants'
*Right side 03-05 headlight
*Muffler relocated to fit in cut out
*Both doors replaced
*215 or 225/45/17 tires
*Rear wheel spacers
*Fog lights wired up
*Hood repainted

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:34 PM
I cant believe you have driven this long with mismatched headlights. Instead of spending god knows how much on spray paint, go to the wreckers and get one.
And before you reply, yes, I read, you are picking one up from your buddy, but for god sakes, its been WAY too long for that excuse to still be valid. The car looks pathetic like this.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:37 PM
I'm not making "excuses", I didn't even pay for the paint I used on the rims or hood, traded some J parts for a Wal-Mart gift card which I used to paint the rims.
I don't have any issues it functions.
If the car looks Pathetic to you, just don't look in the thread.
Problem solved.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:28 PM
Side skirts look much better. After looking at pics of my 02 SE I'll be on the lookout for a set of skirts. The GT skirts kill the clean look.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:02 PM
Right off the back, I have the right side 03-05 headlight finally.

Well about 2 months ago I was pulling out of my drive way to head to work, and hitting 2nd gear it bogged down, acted like it was missing and a few seconds later started knocking.
Idles rough, but doesn't knock.
Knocks on and off at RPMs over 2k, and constantly under load.

Since I don't wanna make a post without some pictures.
Here's the #1 rod end cap and bearing.

So, motor is being torn down, rebuilt with a few minor upgrades.
Keeping the factory pistons/rods, not going for any big upgrades in power so stock should be sufficient for my needs.
Just really want to get it back on the road and driving again.

Plan is;
97+ PCM swap(So it can be tuned)
2.3 oil pump swap
Polished head
2.3>2.4 intake adapter
95' 2.3 Intake Cam
2.3 HO Exhaust Cam

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:15 AM
Nice ,dont change a thing ,I love the white and blue rim combo !

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search