Y3llowCav's Progress Thread - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Y3llowCav's Progress Thread
Saturday, December 21, 2013 6:35 PM
Thanks man. We did one run without the meth to see how it would react. Even the tiny 1gal/hr nozzle made a profound difference in knock retard and iat's.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Thursday, December 26, 2013 5:42 PM
Installed an oem clutch reservoir bracket yesterday. No pics yet, just bumping because I'm an attention whore.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:20 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:Hit the dyno again on Saturday. I have to say I was worried that the peak hp number wouldn't be what I was hoping for. With the 2.9 pulley I gained 2psi but LOST about 2 degrees of timing advance. I figured it would be interesting to see what was worth more; especially on an m62 setup.

Boom shakalaka!

250whp! Torque was 258 ft/lb at around 5400rpm! The blue line is from the 3.1 and crappy 42lb injectors. Red line is from Saturday with the 2.9 and new injectors. Obviously we ran it out a little further but it didn't really make any more power up there due to stock cams. This was my goal with this setup, so I'm really happy with the results.

JUCNBST, your signature made me want to hit 250 SO bad, thank you for the inspiration!

And now some sad pictures of winter

I need a real tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, December 29, 2013 1:24 PM
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:Hit the dyno again on Saturday. I have to say I was worried that the peak hp number wouldn't be what I was hoping for. With the 2.9 pulley I gained 2psi but LOST about 2 degrees of timing advance. I figured it would be interesting to see what was worth more; especially on an m62 setup.

Boom shakalaka!

250whp! Torque was 258 ft/lb at around 5400rpm! The blue line is from the 3.1 and crappy 42lb injectors. Red line is from Saturday with the 2.9 and new injectors. Obviously we ran it out a little further but it didn't really make any more power up there due to stock cams. This was my goal with this setup, so I'm really happy with the results.

JUCNBST, your signature made me want to hit 250 SO bad, thank you for the inspiration!

Move here!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, December 29, 2013 3:58 PM
glad I could inspire, makes me want another mp62 setup. I like the tq you put down.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:45 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Blue Boosted Penguin wrote:

Boom shakalaka!

Move here!

Saving up so I can say peace out f$&@town
Saturday, January 11, 2014 5:10 PM
Great job yellowcav!!!

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Friday, March 07, 2014 11:42 AM
BIG plans coming up in a month. I'll update with some teaser pics in a few days.

In the meantime, enjoy this video of Tim Adams driving the car for the first time. The video should have been on his face, I've never seen a grin like that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MYXsOvLuAc

Manually change the quality setting to at least 720p for best results. Was a little wet but stuff fun.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, March 07, 2014 12:01 PM
Makes me want to do a Eco/M62 swap more and more every time I watch a video like this.... car sounds good. Big plans hey?? TVS maybe????

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Friday, March 07, 2014 12:05 PM
Rick wrote:Makes me want to do a Eco/M62 swap more and more every time I watch a video like this.... car sounds good. Big plans hey?? TVS maybe????

It's so worth it man. I can say definitively that a tvs is NOT in the immediate future.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, March 07, 2014 12:43 PM
i know what the plan is hehehehehehehehe

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker

Friday, March 07, 2014 1:08 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Rick wrote:Makes me want to do a Eco/M62 swap more and more every time I watch a video like this.... car sounds good. Big plans hey?? TVS maybe????

It's so worth it man. I can say definitively that a tvs is NOT in the immediate future.

Haha, I know it's worth it, I use to own a 06 Cobalt SS w/ few little mods(still had stock pulley) and I miss it. I remember my friend had a 98 Z24(intake/full 2.25" exhaust) and it felt soooo slow when I would ride in his car, now since I haven't been in a boosted car for a few years, my Z24 feels pretty quick/fun....Damn it, I don't remember what boost feels like! I am hopefully going to be buying a house over the next few months then depending on if it needs work or anything, I can start my Eco/M62 swap savings fund.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**

Friday, March 07, 2014 8:34 PM
Needs more carbon fiber. And boost. As a matter of fact EVERYTHING needs more carbon fiber and boost.

Sunday, March 09, 2014 6:06 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Needs more carbon fiber. And boost. As a matter of fact EVERYTHING needs more carbon fiber and boost.

There's never been a statement more true.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, March 09, 2014 7:36 AM
I know the secret plans...

Monday, March 10, 2014 4:15 AM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:I know the secret plans...

I'm just waiting to get all the pictures uploaded to share

On another note, finally took an exhaust video. It sounds way better if not on a phone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJHTyHTqd7k&feature=youtu.be

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, March 10, 2014 9:33 AM
Nice deep tone i like :-)

I Love My J ♡
Monday, March 10, 2014 9:47 AM
cody nobbs wrote:Nice deep tone i like :-)

Thanks man! Deep at least when not WOT.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, March 10, 2014 10:00 AM
Mine sounds like poo lol got a little over excited and cut my muffler and factory tip off and bent up some pipe and welded my stock tip to it so it looked stock. Well its way to loud and sounds like poo. Im in the hunt for the best price on 3in stainless then ima be all stainless from my header to muffler to tip

I Love My J ♡
Monday, March 10, 2014 11:15 AM
Where is that sweet tow strap. lol

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 10, 2014 11:30 AM
Exhaust sounds good, sounds almost exactly like my Cobalt SS used too.

Monday, March 10, 2014 11:32 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Where is that sweet tow strap. lol

Haha soon man, soon.. It's going to be installed the first weekend in April.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:43 AM
I guess it's time to put the plan out there for everyone. Pictures first this time:

So if you haven't figured it out by now, I'll be putting Matt's motor to good use. It's a complete LK9 (Saab version of an LSJ) with low miles and in great condition. Then it'll be getting some goodies before it goes in:

-Supertech 78lb springs (Thanks Derek!)
-Brand new LNF followers and lash adjusters
-LSJ cams with a custom Tri-Flow regrind from Geoff at Colt Cams (Another HUGE thanks to Derek for the cam gears)
-Balance shaft delete with LZM Bushings
-Brand new complete GM timing kit with ARP hardware for the timing chain components
-Direct port meth injection (will total 5gal/hr)
-Dual pass endplate
-Head-intake manifold phenolic spacer

Car will also be getting:
-Team Green limited slip insert
-Matt's used Tein SS coilovers
-Custom ordered tow strap (Thanks Mike!)
-Stainless front brake lines
-New AC Delco throw out bearing/slave cylinder, just because the trans will be out

Also, with this new motor I'm ditching Royal Purple(sux) and going with Amsoil:

Finally, BIG thanks to Chris for his custom shifter knob cover. Works great and looks cool! If anyone else has the B&M aluminum knob, they know why this is necessity in a New England winter:

BTW, Chris is selling these now for cheap if anyone is interested: http://www.j-body.org/members/chriscavie04/

This is all getting installed the first weekend of April, updates to come!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:09 AM
Oooh, I may have already turned that motor into a coffee table, sorry buddy

Good choice on the Amsoil, welcome to the dark side!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:14 AM
Haha, Nice! So jealous right now!!! Looking forward to the new build....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search