Projects for Winter '12-'13 - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Projects for Winter '12-'13
Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:06 AM
Spencer wrote:Ive already got the tuning squared away, I went OBD2 since no one could supply a boosted OBD1 file and tune it. Which really SUCKS because i hate that i have to use OBD2 and dick communications aspect of it. having to wire a bcm just to make the air conditioner to work is sillyness!

Milzy motorsports is handling the tuning for me, i already have the initial performance NA tune for it with the PCM modified to not have all the emissions garbage, auto trans, abs etc.

I know this is sorta late, but you can run the 3.1 Turbo (older Grand Prix GXP) OBD1 file on a 3400/3500 motor.

My buddy had a 3400 in his 2nd gen Cav with a centrifugal blower and he ran the 3.1 Turbo flash. Its a speed density file, ran good and made ~400whp.

You can also run Code 59 on those ECU's, its coding that the Cyclone/Typhon guys created, but buddy dicked around with it for a bit and got it running.....but never ran as well as the 3.1 Turbo tune for driveablility.

Since then he had a 3500 in a 3rd Gen Camaro with a GT40 running off a 2nd Gen Cav computer and the 3.1 Turbo tune (he tried Code 59 again with no real luck in the driveablility department).

He now has a 3900 in a 3rd Gen Camaro with the same GT40, still running off a 2nd Gen Cav computer and the 3.1 Turbo tune....should make 600+whp.

Check out V6z24.com......Tones of @!#$ on there about that.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:10 AM
yes that is what i originally planned but i ended up finding someone to dyno tune the OBD2. Would have much rather went with OBD1.
Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:13 AM
The Jew wrote:i like it all but man get those pipes and that turbo housing coated asap

Thats the plan,i actaully have to get everything welded up and finished running to make sure nothing needs to be changed of coarse. Already have a place in indy lined up for it. I have not yet started to make it "pretty" yet.
Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:27 AM
Spencer wrote:
The Jew wrote:i like it all but man get those pipes and that turbo housing coated asap

Thats the plan,i actaully have to get everything welded up and finished running to make sure nothing needs to be changed of coarse. Already have a place in indy lined up for it. I have not yet started to make it "pretty" yet.

good

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:34 PM
Quick update.

been looking for and air filter that will fit in the small area i have for one and came across one of these.

however once i put it on there i realized how terrible it looked to i think im opting for a screened velocity stack.

quick shot of the front again

Also got a the N body a/c stuff swapped and installed. Last thing was the condenser.

the stock side brackets need to be modified on the N condenser

need to make the slots into squares so they can index into the stock hooks on the factory radiator like this-

then hang that bish on there

you can attach one of the bootom tabs with the stock mounting bolt by flattening out the bottom corner of the bracket and using the washer part of the bolt to secure it.

Liquid line bolts up with minimum tweakage.

upper tube needs bent and clocked a bit but nothing major

and there it is, finished N body condenser install. looks like its made to be there.

just need to attach some clips, reseal, and at the expansion tube.

Just have to get the controller working for it. Using a combination trinary transducer/pressure switch. One switch controls pressure cut out and two cooling fans.

this will eleminate the need for the BCM data bus control. I will however loose WOT cutoff tho since the PCM will no longer be aware of the a/c. I think i can just turn it off if i choose to haul ass.
Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:46 PM
Also slapped the hood back on it to check to make sure everything clears.

all kinds of room, i may do the engine lift afterall. Also saw how much i have between the struts and hood. Looks like ill be raising the strut towers too.

and to remind myself of what it looks like again lol

also picked up some new light i may uses to re-retrofit my led retrofitted taillights

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:05 PM
Nice, I need a filter like that. Where did you get it? Unless you wanna sell yours

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:06 PM
god i love this fire!!!!

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:13 PM
What about a green filter over blue.

Www.frozenboost.com

I can save you about 10%

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:14 PM
lol now spencer.... do they make that same filter with a white element?

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:03 PM
i would consider keeping it if it was white. And the filter is just an ebay special knock off HKS. Ill have to check out the frozen boost place.

Friday, March 15, 2013 1:10 PM
This is @!#$ awesome.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:26 PM
love these updates

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:23 PM
thanks, sorry theyre few and far between. I dont get more than a couple hrs a night after work maybe 4 nights a week. Figuring i dropped the long block in on christmas, its slow progress. But i suppose i am doing 3 things at once lol.
Monday, March 18, 2013 8:19 AM
yea man dont worry about the time. rome wasnt built in a day...

Monday, March 18, 2013 9:43 AM
Boss. Keep it up man!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:55 PM
fixed the blue filter issue, after some catalog research found some prefilter media made by WIX, its a prefilter wrap for an HD filter system.

Part Number: 46337
UPC Number: 765809463370
Principle Application: Pre-Cleaner Blanket for 46335
Style: Wrap For Air Filter
Service: Air Precleaner
Length: 26"
Width: 10.5"
Height: 1"

much better
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:59 PM
Ohh much better!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:30 AM
Love it overall. Such a slick clean sunfire especially with the hood closed. That filter style is just awkward Cant fit any k&n style? The white definitely looks a million times better than blue for sure. Cant wait to see it move under its own power.

That A/C setup looks clean as hell and stock as can be. Holes are a little oversize though Can't wait to see you get that working as well.

The hood fits the style of the car perfectly. Not usually a fan of white but damn do you pull it off flawless. Looks like you will have one hell of a 2013. If I recall you are in IN? hmmmm so is jason and Stephen........ Just brainstorming here

Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:40 AM
Jason and I attend some of the same shows. And if you're talking about the aquare hole I made in the brackets they had to be a little bigger to go in and slide down in the hook on the radiator. And thanks for the feedback
Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:59 AM
What happens if you forget to turn it off while going WOT? Is it possible to over spin the compressor since the clutch is not disengaging?

Got an ETA that you want to have the car finished by? I will do my best to make it to at least 1 of those shows. Too bad im not as low as you guys. That would make for some killer pictures!

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:37 AM
i think the OEM control does WOT cutoff because its robs power. Plus if it turns out i really need to do it automaticly i suppose i could use an rpm based window switch. Id love to have it running by the middle of april so i can take it to a cuise but im not sure of that. Truely not expecting the car to hit shows till around september. Even after it runs i have to start the new frame, paint and door work. Raising the strut tower and the engine are a possibility as well. This will wait till i can get it to my friend body shop that equiped to handle this kind of work however.

As far as the air filter goes, i would love the k&n type but im limited for room. Once i install the charge pipe i will know what can be done with it. Mike @ milzy had a guy with a similay setup and he was limited by his air filter at 400hp, once they got room and installed a 12" cone theyre got around the 450 mark, so that why im goin with the smallest free flow filter i can find and the mushroom fit the bill. Im still looking into the velocity stack however.
Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:26 AM
why not run a WOT switch off the tps for like a nitrous controller to shut the ac off with? then its automatic. done and done.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:28 AM
Spencer wrote:Id love to have it running by the middle of april so i can take it to a cuise but im not sure of that. Truely not expecting the car to hit shows till around september.

YAY, and BOOOOO

Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:11 AM
Quote:

Id love to have it running by the middle of april so i can take it to a cuise but im not sure of that. Truely not expecting the car to hit shows till around september.

I understand the feels. Maybe I will try and make it to one of the shows.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search