my 02 sunfire - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my 02 sunfire
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:47 AM
so i got it in may 2011 with 29k on it
first thing i did was tint and hub caps
since then its come a long way
ill try and find an older picture to pout here
and here it is now

i got rims and got the spoiler painted along with the rocker panel covers
i painted the grills to match car and blacked out the symbol

i pout fog lights on it and hids also some plastic hood scoops till i can afford a new hood with them built in

painted my calipers

put an air intake and vert strut brace on

and now for my audio
i have a jld hd 750/1 amp
jl 10 in w7
jl tr series 4x6 in doors
jl tr series 6x9s in back self
jl tr series tweeters up front
stinger volt meter
sound quest 12 farrad cap
kenwood head unit
jl xd 400/4 amp for interior speakers
doors and trunk lid have stinger road kill sound dampener i plan on installing more in warm weather

ive custom painted some of the interior as well
also clear climate control knobs with re led behind them

also have blue leds on a switch under dash and a 24 led pannel light on the dome light

i tinted my tail lights and rear side markers

i also have ttr lower motor mount and a upper motor mount insert to be insalled in good weather
have a ton more planned for spring and summer
any comments/suggestions would be great
thanks,
tim

Re: my 02 sunfire
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:50 AM
also forgot to mention i had a new muffler put on for the noise i love it

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:58 AM
Plasti dip ftw! Calipers came out nice too. Now we just have to work on that valve cover...

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:02 AM
yes we do

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:36 AM
you've got something stuck on your hood there...

just giving you a hard time. so you bought it with 29k on it, how many miles on it now? what are your plans for the car?

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:42 AM
Lose the hood orements and "Sunfire" above the CD player. Then lower it and boost it!

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:31 PM
Work on a good suspension, i had a header and full exhaust along with intake and the car was a blast to drive. Wasnt the fastest around town, but def a nice car to drive around in. If the car will be a DD, id say KYB AGX struts and the Pro Kit, or D-specs.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:43 PM
it is a daily driver and is under warenty still so i cant do much to the engine till thats over it currently has 59 k on it and i dont want to lower it due to mass having lots of pot holes and stuff
i am planning on getting a hood with real hood scoops those were my fast way till i could save the money for it i also am getting the rk sport front lip for it sometime this month

and at 79k when my warrenty is up i will probaly look into turbo and building up the motor

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:17 PM
I won't lie to you - the car looks like it's stuck in about 2002 when we had zero aftermarket support. I can get past the hood scoops - almost... having the word sunfire all over it and the spot painting of the Pontiac Emblem and Spoiler make no sense to me.

No offense but your vision lacks cohesiveness so far... doing a mod to have one in the interim of waiting for a better one (such as the hood) is just wasted time and money in my opinion.

With all of that said - it's your car and if you are happy with it then that's all that matters! What I can say is it's nice to see people still wanting to take the time to mod these cars and have fun with them, plus you got real lucky finding one with such awesomely low mileage.

A tip: Next time you paint the calipers (You'll have to repaint them about once a year) remove them from the car, mask off the piston and sliders/boots and spray it off to the side with the brake pads out. Much easier and more thorough. DId you wire brush them first? Are you going to paint the drums?

I really like the trim kit you got for the radio... it's much nicer than mine which is really boxy.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 5:37 PM
Agree with Sweetness here...The "sunfire" logo above the radio just looks weird.

Hood scoops gotta go.......

For the most part, she looks good, even with the smaller rims.....

Just keep it simple and clean....no F&F stuff here....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:36 PM
i like the sunfire logo personally and im going for a black and silver kind of thing what do you guys think about losing the hood scoops and doing a black hood insted?

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 7:46 PM
How bout a carbon fiber hood ftw

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:02 PM
Tim, the "Sunfire" lettering over the radio isn't even one of the Two sunfire logos that exist... it looks like it was done with a stencil. As I said some of your ideas have lacked cohesion - if you had screened on the "Sunset" sunfire logo from the original sunfires that would have looked pretty interesting.

With that said, if you are looking to do a black and silver theme:

Black trunk and spoiler, Roof & Trunk, black rims.

Dump the red unless you are looking for a Black/Silver/Red theme?

Don't spot-paint the pieces of the interior... paint it with a theme in mind or an idea.

If you want to add some depth to your silver black theme then use carbon fiber to add texture.

I own a Silver/Black/Carbon/Red cavalier, I can show you what I mean by a theme. Your mod choices can be made to make everything work together rather than look like a bunch of random ideas that you placed in one vehicle.

I REALLY hope you don't take my criticism the wrong way, I'm just trying to give you a nudge in a direction since you are asking for nudges.

By the way, regarding ditching the hood scoops - I vote you do that. They look odd being boxy on a very rounded car, and have looked odd since 1995 when the car came out so it's not just you I'm picking on! Somebody on this forum back in 2000 moulded them to a 1996 Sunfire hood and even he agreed after a few years they just didn't look like they fit the car.

I gotta say, the interior painting you did looks very decent, I don't see any overspray at all!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 1:03 AM
Well everyone is different, Good start so far just listen to the people and slowly mod the car, I like the silver / black theme ,also some 05 side skirts would look good ? Then do away with the Sunfire on the door.
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:38 AM
any one know where to get a carbon fiber hoods? and i dont get what you mean by dump the red sweetness ?
and how do yu paint stuff to look like carbon fiber

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:32 AM
You would either buy parts/pieces that are carbon fiber, carbon fiber wrapped or do carbon fiber wrap yourself. Just google carbon fiber Sunfire hoods and see what you get. eBay has some too. Along with the cf wrap

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:42 AM
i think im gunna get a real carbon fiber hood in about 2-3 weeks

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:18 PM
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 6:49 PM
17 or bigger or go home haha , my GF has thses wheels theyre nice, but the scratch easily through he car washes.
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:25 PM
I gotta say, like the rest, that those hood scoops are just awful looking. Even if they were painted to match the car, they just don't fit the car's body. I'd say leave the hood and trunk silver, and paint the roof black, ala, the 95-96 GTs with the factory 2-tone. And the Sunfire stencil spray on the radio bezel looks completely out of place. I don't think even using the appropriate logo would make it look right. Maybe on the dash pad on the passenger side, below the air bag... Maybe.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 9:58 PM
dosent 17 inch rims throw off your speedometer?

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 10:08 PM
and if they scratch easily from washing them what if i clear coat them right when i get them ? would that change things?

Friday, February 08, 2013 7:59 AM
what about the rk sport front lip painted black any opinions ?`

Friday, February 08, 2013 8:07 AM
Should look ok
Friday, February 08, 2013 8:09 AM
i think it will bring out some black in the front and then losing the hood scoops wont take away the black in the front

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search