my 02 sunfire - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: my 02 sunfire
Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:16 PM
^^^ Both cars are clean and tasteful--very nice.

The OP could've done the same thing for practically the same cost as what he's already done (wrong.) Ah well...live and learn.

Monday, February 11, 2013 10:31 AM
what would be my best option to do with 800-900 dollars to start out
also haveing a shop order me the clear blinkers if there price is cheaper than the gm direct website
and ordering the ebay clear side markers

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:08 PM
@vibenvy what bulbs do i need for the clear markers and blinkers?

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:16 PM
Go on ebay find a set they pop up there for a fraction of what any shop or dealer will charge you for the blinkers.

Hell I think I have a set sitting in a box in my basement lol.

They use the same bulb as the originals but in amber.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:23 PM
thanks and i take it autozone would have amber bulbs?

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:24 PM
Agent Omega wrote:^^^ Both cars are clean and tasteful--very nice.

Thanks! I appreciate it !

tim adams wrote:@vibenvy what bulbs do i need for the clear markers and blinkers?

You can use regular old amber bulbs like you can buy at Walmart, Auto Zone, etc. or for an even cleaner look, you can use LED bulbs or chrome amber bulbs (they have a chrome coating, but they light up and blink amber). For the best chrome amber bulbs you can buy, check out Stealth Auto. A little pricey, but they come with a lifetime warranty which makes it well worth it. If the bulbs burn out, they'll replace them for free.

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:31 PM
im going to start out by lowering it and getting the clear blinkers
any other suggestions or ideas are accepted

Monday, February 11, 2013 11:59 PM
I have the koni yellow lowering springs which are adjustable an know their are a few others people are running around here as well u can look that part of it under suspension and u can see the pros and cons of each set up their just keep in mind no ebay springs or struts they are cheap for a reason and can cost u dearly in the long run.... go with real name brand struts and springs....
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:22 AM
I unfortunately lost my sunfire awhile back and it had the 2200 engine. I had a AEM cold air intake for it and wont be buying a j-body in the near future, I would be interested in selling it. I also have a GM vert strut bar too if you chose to play with the suspension. Otherwise I can also suggest listening to these fellas here on the org, save your money and do it right the first time.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:22 AM
i plan on going with the kyb agx struts and shocks and the ebiach pro kit 1.4 drop beacause i dont want to go too low with how the weather and roads are here since it is my dd

@ culinary i have a cold air intake already but if yours goes the the throttle instead of the plastic housing i may take it

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:16 AM
tim adams wrote:i plan on going with the kyb agx struts and shocks and the ebiach pro kit 1.4 drop beacause i dont want to go too low with how the weather and roads are here since it is my dd

excellent choice. i think you'll be very happy with that setup. don't worry about the negative comments, just keep your head up and build your car for you, not to please anyone else. how much snow did you guys get up there?

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:09 AM
AL1A5 wrote:
tim adams wrote:i plan on going with the kyb agx struts and shocks and the ebiach pro kit 1.4 drop beacause i dont want to go too low with how the weather and roads are here since it is my dd

excellent choice. i think you'll be very happy with that setup. don't worry about the negative comments, just keep your head up and build your car for you, not to please anyone else. how much snow did you guys get up there?

agreed on everything said here. We got a little over 2 feet in most places, pretty ridiculous. Supposed to get another 4-6 inches in a few days too.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:56 AM
yeah we got 20-26 inches in some places up here even more in some other towns needless to say my sunfire barley left my drive way in 4 days

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:10 AM
Yesterday at 7pm was the first time I even attempted to move since Thursday.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:16 AM
ive only gone to work and home until today

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:10 PM
Thumbs up to the strut and pro kit choice

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:40 PM
thanks man also got the clear blinkers ordered got them for 54 dollars and the clear side markers for 15 shipped

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:37 PM
tim adams wrote:got the clear blinkers ordered got them for 54 dollars and the clear side markers for 15 shipped

Anxiously awaiting pictures !

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:59 PM
there coming from Michigan should have them to put in this weekend if im lucky

Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:31 AM
i found a member on here selling the kyb gr-2 with the ebiach pro kit ?
my question is would i be more happy saving the money up for the agxs i assume there nicer since there adjustable? or is the gr2s good with the ebiach pro kit?

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:32 AM
lost the hood scoops today

Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:21 PM
I bought my tokico struts and eibach springs used with no stance or drive ability issues. I was happy to have saved some money. Also, your hood is way better wo the scoops!

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:24 PM
a set of 4 is only 138 for the tokico ? `i wanna know what the best to go with with the ebiach is since i only wanna have to do this once

Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:36 PM
Good now evil eye the hood lol
Friday, February 15, 2013 4:32 AM
i plan on going with the evil eye hood hopefully sometime in the summer

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search