Tink in 2013. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tink in 2013.
Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:33 PM
I made some major upgrades for 2013. New house, new(smaller) garage, new job, and the best thing of all, no more dirt road. But i didnt get a chance to wash the cav before putting it away in its new home. So like usual it is still filthy, but i promise that one of it's 1st trips out this year will be to get fully detailed.

The plans/ideas for this year:
Minor interior stuff like steering wheel, seats, belts, and roll bar/half cage.
Finish installing my exterior C/F goodies(almost done)
Lastly figure out a decent way to tune it. I was having PCM and BCM issues last fall. I plan on replacing both and seeing what happens with HPT. I do have the LD9 PCM swap here and i am also not opposed to going full standalone.

The new C/F. Shaved and wrapped front cross bar, Toyo mirrors with wrapped sails, and wrapped B-pillars. I dont have the B-pillars on yet.

I'll also still be gathering parts for a built eco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:34 PM

Re: Tink in 2013.
Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:57 PM
Sub'ed. A lot of your progress and advice has influenced my build. As for tuning, going stand alone will obviously yield the best results but I think an ld9 pcm swap can give you what you're looking for without some of the major complications like replacing a lot of sensors and making almost a complete 1 off wiring harness. Anyway, looking forward to updates no matter what direction you go with! You're still in PA right?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:25 PM
Yea, i ended up getting a place in Nanticoke. Just south of Wilkesbarre, PA.

Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:28 PM
So what about the Xtreme Tuner kit? Did I miss something?

Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:37 PM
I am hoping to pick up a vert this summer and that will get the Tuner kit, turbosport wing, built eco, and all of the nice goodies off this cav.

Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:08 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I am hoping to pick up a vert this summer and that will get the Tuner kit, turbosport wing, built eco, and all of the nice goodies off this cav.

Good @!#$. Ill be watching for that.

Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:51 PM
Glad things are turning around. I remember reading about your tuning issues. I hate electrical gremlins. Hope you get yours sorted out. also glad no more dirt road! Thats always a plus. Best of luck!

Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:40 PM
looking fwd to more updates

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:49 PM
dirt roads ftl. glad you dont have to deal with the ish anymore.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:17 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I am hoping to pick up a vert this summer and that will get the Tuner kit, turbosport wing, built eco, and all of the nice goodies off this cav.

I have a clean vert you could take off my hands. Looking into a 70-73 camaro rs for my graduation present.

Congrats on the new diggs. I am almost finished setting my 2 bay up. come spring I am doing a skim coat of cement and painting and should be all done. harbor freight is great for compresor hose spools and all the fixtures etc.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:37 PM
nice...new builds are always fun!
if you're tired of having that xtreme kit take up space id gladly drive to you to pick it up free of charge! but if you could have it painted in arrival blue before i get there, thatd be great..yeaa....

sub'd!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:28 AM
Seriosuly Kyle!?
All my slaving away and thats the only pic I get! Next time they're going on my car

Looking good bud!

Monday, February 18, 2013 4:05 AM
grats on all the upgrades bro

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, February 18, 2013 2:53 PM
Tease... Car looks good even if it does need a bath. planning on any autox this year?

Friday, February 22, 2013 12:57 AM
Mike - We could talk. A 2000 vert would be ideal, but i doubt eco swapping a phase 1 vert would be an issue for myself and my KGM brethren.
Blu - The kit is fine where it is. I have a bunch of storage room in the garage.
Matt - Get your ass up here and see it in person then.
Spencer - I work Sundays, so no. The only one i might be able to attend is the one in Nanticoke, but only if it is on a Saturday. My house in ~2 blocks away from that Burger King we usually eat lunch at, so if it is on a Saturday i have no excuse not to be there.

My NRG steering wheel hub and 2.0 quick disconnect arrived today. My cav is an earlish 03 so i am hoping the older style hub fits.

Friday, February 22, 2013 5:19 AM
I was hoping the same as well with mine since it was built jan 2003 but had the damn new style.
Friday, February 22, 2013 11:27 AM
very interested in seeing how this wheel/hub thing works out...a fairly cheap but effective mod..id love to see the steering wheel set up when its done!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, February 22, 2013 3:04 PM
Both brodarts have a Saturday race. cone killer does as well

Monday, March 04, 2013 3:09 PM
Done?

Sad I've seen your car more often than my own in this past year.

Club Jeffie, Yea we can make that. Text or Call(908)866-1882

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:13 AM
Interested to see if the NRG will fit...mine was made in Nov 02...wonder if that would have the 02 shaft...

Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:56 PM
strat81 wrote:Both brodarts have a Saturday race. cone killer does as well

Why yes that is true.

Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Done?

Sad I've seen your car more often than my own in this past year.

Not yet. No heat in the garage and the weather refuses to be warm when i am off are my excuses.

Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:20 AM
Just an fyi most of the Nepa events this year are saturdays. three of which are pocono

Friday, April 05, 2013 3:08 PM
Well, it was finally a nice warm day today and i wasnt working.

I didnt do much, just poked at a few odds and ends. I did finish installing the rest of my C/F trinkets.

One of these upcoming weekends i'll swap in another L61 PCM, another new battery, change the oil, and have Oldskool retune it, again... Oh and wash it.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:22 PM
After charging the battery with the help of my buddies Kia, it started right up. It idled fine with no PCM/BCM glitches.

The plan is to let it sit over night, hope the battery holds a charge, and change the oil tomorrow. Then on Saturday Oldskool comes up to give the PCM some special loving.

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:53 AM
I hope you can figure out what is killing the battery.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search