My 02 Cav - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 02 Cav
Monday, March 11, 2013 5:52 PM

720p for best audio, you wont be able to hear the lows without decent headphones or speakers.

The car sounds different in person, obviously, as anyone else would say, the glasspack is also still settling in, it sounds louder or warmer on certain days then others. I intend to get a new resonator soon to help cut some of that rasp aswell as a high flow cat.

Other than the glasspack and a ebay intake, the thing is bone stock, still dabbling around with ideas on what to do next on stuff that is not cosmetics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 11, 2013 7:58 PM

Re: My 02 Cav
Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:39 PM
Took some photos while I was out.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:52 PM
man that thing is clean, but why u no hubcaps or rims?
Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:28 PM
Spencer wrote:man that thing is clean, but why u no hubcaps or rims?

It is dusty in those pictures, I still need to wax n such.

I don't like hub covers, but rims will happen soon as well as a lower and other cosmetic things.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:39 PM

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:52 PM
Man, a cat AND resonator? That's overkill lol.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:43 PM
Maybe I'm just getting old, or the taste are changing, but It looks so clean I kinda think it should stay that way on the outside!

Looks very clean, and in good shape.

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:41 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Man, a cat AND resonator? That's overkill lol.

lol, I think so too, they're only ideas at this point, when the glasspack begins to get too loud I'll go ahead and get the cat and res done at the same time as well.

Dave Z wrote:Maybe I'm just getting old, or the taste are changing, but It looks so clean I kinda think it should stay that way on the outside!

Looks very clean, and in good shape.

Thanks! I'm damn proud of it! I have no problem keeping it the way it is until I get all my parts and plans sorted out.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:58 PM
Its refreshing to see a nice, clean unbeat-up jbody...good work. Everyday i look out my window at my neighboors 02 cavalier and sunbird and there isnt a panel that isnt rusted or have a good sized dent in it let alone hanging rotted out exhaust and so on

Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:09 PM
Luke C wrote:Its refreshing to see a nice, clean unbeat-up jbody...good work. Everyday i look out my window at my neighboors 02 cavalier and sunbird and there isnt a panel that isnt rusted or have a good sized dent in it let alone hanging rotted out exhaust and so on

Thanks! I'm still looking back at it every single time I park Severely tempted to leave it the way it is now, just minus the steelies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:14 PM

Friday, March 15, 2013 3:35 AM
Man that thing is clean and straight. Lower it and put some clean wheels on it and call it a day.
Friday, March 15, 2013 5:00 PM
RED wrote:Man that thing is clean and straight. Lower it and put some clean wheels on it and call it a day.

This, you have an awesome base to start with. Power to what ever you decide to do!

Friday, March 15, 2013 5:43 PM
Looking at a Tokico HP Blue Strut and Lowering Spring combo for about $518 New Shipped on eBay, and still lurking craigslist for some decent wheels. And intending to scour local pick n pulls and yards for the sport skirts n bumpers in silver.

Friday, March 15, 2013 6:56 PM
Id reconsider getting no name springs. I cant argue with the Tokicos. Loved my D-specs but no names are either going to:

A) be stiff as hell and beat the @!#$ out of your kidneys
B) sag out like a old pair of tatas
C) All of the above

Eibach Sportlines run like $220 for brand new springs. They have a million mile warranty and theire overall just a nice street/sport spring. Save like another $150 and get Blues with Sportlines. Youll thank me.

Friday, March 15, 2013 11:24 PM
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Id reconsider getting no name springs. I cant argue with the Tokicos. Loved my D-specs but no names are either going to:

C) All of the above

Eibach Sportlines run like $220 for brand new springs. They have a million mile warranty and theire overall just a nice street/sport spring. Save like another $150 and get Blues with Sportlines. Youll thank me.

Tokico 'Sport' Springs. Still looking around until the moment I hit buy, so all options open.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 8:40 AM
Patrick Coulter wrote:
Brian (TheSundownFire) wrote:Id reconsider getting no name springs. I cant argue with the Tokicos. Loved my D-specs but no names are either going to:

C) All of the above

Tokico 'Sport' Springs. Still looking around until the moment I hit buy, so all options open.

I dont see anything on Tokico's website about them making lowering springs for J bodys. The only Chevrolet HP Blue kit they list if for a Camaro. Im not always right but just something to keep in mind. People on eBay can be shiesty. Theres a couple of HP Blue kits on eBay with different legit spring options. Eibachs, Teins and H&Rs for about $100 more than the kit you posted.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:53 AM
Tokico used to make a kit with springs and dspecs when i was looking years ago...dont know if they still do but i think it was a 1.4 to 1.6 drop all around

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:19 PM
nice Cavalier. Mine is a 2001 Z24 but not as nice looking as yours. The weather up here has caused some rust. My car was repainted and they didn't do a good job so there were some spots bubbling and rust started to form. I need to move to Arizona.
Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:14 PM
I really like the look of the Tokico Blues, and read good things about them, but I see the same with the KYB AGX's.

As far as springs go, I am looking into something with about a 1.7" - 2.0" drop, so it'd most likely be best for me to go with KYB AGX's paired with Eibachs. The ability to adjust dampening is pretty alluring.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:21 PM
I loved the D-Specs/Sportlines before I sold them, but that combo just didn't allow a large enough drop. I had KYB AGXs on my sedan with Dropzone coilovers, and while they were okay at the time, they're feeling pretty ragged now on my gf's Z24.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:05 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:I loved the D-Specs/Sportlines before I sold them, but that combo just didn't allow a large enough drop. I had KYB AGXs on my sedan with Dropzone coilovers, and while they were okay at the time, they're feeling pretty ragged now on my gf's Z24.

I loved them after I bought them off of you. Theyre up in Michigan on another car now. Those bastards last FOREVER.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:40 PM
I have the AGX on my sedan with the Eibach Pro Kit, great ride quality and fitment. The AGX are only warranted to a 1.5 inch drop.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:35 PM
Unsure whether to go with Sportlines or the Pro Kit, for what I may be spending for everything, I'd like to get it right the first time, I have fears of buying everything and its either too low or not low enough.

Monday, March 18, 2013 10:12 AM
You won't be too low with sportlines. I was between the two eibach kits as well and boy am I glad I went with the sportlines. The rear does not drop enough in my opinion, but I can tell you that you will most likely be unhappy with the pro kit.

Monday, March 18, 2013 11:30 AM
I love how clean this cav is. My last J was an 01 with steelies. I ran trim rings and didn't hate how they looked...

Don't mind the rust thats when I got rid of it, lol.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search