My 02 Cav - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My 02 Cav
Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:21 AM
They have strut and spring combo for tokico I'm running them on my car I love the ride, just need better seats as mine are to solid for long drives, just be careful on mounts used with them.I use to have dspecs but got lazy so when I replaced went with the blues. I'm lowered about 2 inch also

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:00 PM
Whats the consensus on Black roofs? I enjoy the look on the lighter colored J's, but I live in Arizona and summer time is rolling around, unless I got a professional job done, I'm sure my clearjob would be melted and faded away pretty quick, even if the car is garage kept, I drive long distances in the sun and there aren't many trees to park under.

Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:16 PM
I'm wondering what my hood would look like black so I plan on plasti dipping it first. That way if I don't like it I can peel it off and go back or start over.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:57 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:I'm wondering what my hood would look like black so I plan on plasti dipping it first. That way if I don't like it I can peel it off and go back or start over.

Yeah, I was thinking of masking it all out and doing the same to my roof, but using the Black Glossifier Plastidip, so its not horribly flat.

Monday, April 29, 2013 8:37 PM
Update:
So, I lost my bumper when a female ran a red light while I was making a left hand turn, would have totaled it if she hit my fender (Going 45 in a Nissan Van)

Car is going in for repair this week. Thankfully she had insurance and it got resolved quickly due to /her/ citation for a red light.

And the day before I got hit, I got a new muffler. (Some luck, right?)

I'm a mario fan, so I figured it would be a fitting sticker, getting mixed reviews on it, removed the thrush sticker on my rear windshield.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:09 PM
Got the car back, new entire front end assembly, including new AC compressor that was apparently damaged and new drivers headlight and turn.

Black Plasti-Dip is in the mail and this just came too! Planning on painting bumper openings black, hood black and roof black.

Already got to test it on a conveniently parked Surprise PD officer who was helpfully waving his radar gun around immediately lit me up like I was in a microwave once he saw me.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:46 PM
Not a bad start at all. Clean slate like everyone mentioned. Invest in suspension. I can't stress that enough. Cheap suspension will haunt you for ever. Slap some nice wheels on there as well and you are set.

And keep that car quiet like it is. Trust me, you will love it more in the long run. Mine, quiet, sleeper, very tolerable to drive and not have to hear the drone or annoy anyone else. You will appreciate it in the long run for sure!

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:57 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Not a bad start at all. Clean slate like everyone mentioned. Invest in suspension. I can't stress that enough. Cheap suspension will haunt you for ever. Slap some nice wheels on there as well and you are set.

And keep that car quiet like it is. Trust me, you will love it more in the long run. Mine, quiet, sleeper, very tolerable to drive and not have to hear the drone or annoy anyone else. You will appreciate it in the long run for sure!

I was amazingly surprised at the smooth tone of the DC with the stock res and cat. Easy to keep quiet at low RPM but impressible enough to make people look around at the gas station for the 'fast car' , Haven't had any complaints on decibel level since it doesn't sound like "a huge can of angry bee's rolling down the road". I love talking about it cause it sounds amazing. I'll dig up my camcorder and get a video sometime.

As far as suspension goes, I almost have enough saved to grab some KYB AGX's and Eibach Sportlines, after I throw those on, I was thinking about mirroring Qwik2k2z24, I really like the bronze color, but at the same time I enjoy black (can always plasti-dip and hit with metalizer and glossifier); http://www.flickr.com/photos/qwik2k2z24/8713032727/

I need to get out of these heavy ass steel boots.

Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:12 AM
Patrick Coulter wrote:I really like the look of the Tokico Blues, and read good things about them, but I see the same with the KYB AGX's.

As far as springs go, I am looking into something with about a 1.7" - 2.0" drop, so it'd most likely be best for me to go with KYB AGX's paired with Eibachs. The ability to adjust dampening is pretty alluring.

i current;y am running agx's on eibach sportlines and have since 2004 still a decent ride..

GOT ECOTEC?
Friday, May 10, 2013 6:24 AM
i really love these cars lowered with clean steelies..i got compliments ALL the time..and this is around all kinds of car groups with cars much nicer than a cavalier. They love the 'sleeper' look when you do mod it..it blows people away.
but def sportlines, and maybe a set of black 5zigen's like what i have (mine are in gun metal) or even keep the steelies. keep the black plastidip accents to a minimum, dont go overboard. I have a blue car so over doing black is something i can get away with, on silver it'll look like you're trying too hard or got spray happy.

keep it really simple IMO...spend any money on performance. header, intake, quality exhaust, quiet muffler (my Borla Pro XS is great with a resonator and hiflow cat), full suspension upgrades (CA's, strut bars, sway bars, etc). You will enjoy the car SO much when everything rides and handles like a new car. Im driving around in a G37S since my motor decided to take the high road in my cav..and I miss my cav.

clean car, i like it. i second the keeping it simple

and since its friday and its slow at work...heres some steelie love b4 my current hood, wheels and black roof/rear diffuser/bumper

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:27 PM
I always liked the newer front end and that shade of blue (Beautiful car btw, I was gawking at your thread earlier ).

The good thing about plasti-dip is its temporary nature, I think I might go for /just/ the hood, or /just/ the roof. or not at all, I'll have to see. I know I am going to keep the bumper openings black.

I like the look of a lowered J-body with steelies, looks abit more mean, I'm picking up some Bronze 17x7 rims this weekend so we'll see how that works out, still have to get tires. Intending to go 215/45/17 on 17x7+45 offset , from research, should fit fine.

I really adore Qwik2k2z24's look. I wish they sold that front lip separately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:47 PM

Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:33 PM
Washed, Clay-barred and Waxed. Also new sticker! Sorry for darkness, AZ is deceiving in how quick the sun goes down near dusk.

Used Meguiars Smooth Surface Claybar Kit and their Ultimate Synthetic Polymer Paste Wax.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:43 AM
They do sell the wings west lip separately. Look on ebay. Comes out to be around $250 shipped.
Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:39 PM
Loud can on a 4 cylinder makes people at gas stations look for the "fast car"? No, they look for the punk annoying everyone lol.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, May 20, 2013 6:22 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Loud can on a 4 cylinder makes people at gas stations look for the "fast car"? No, they look for the punk annoying everyone lol.

Here in AZ, that's every other Frat kid in his 'Cobra' mustang ;P

Philly D wrote:They do sell the wings west lip separately. Look on ebay. Comes out to be around $250 shipped.

I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, May 20, 2013 6:22 PM

Friday, June 07, 2013 4:39 PM
Lowered on Tokico D-Specs and Sportlines

Friday, June 07, 2013 9:59 PM
Nice. Glad you got it lowered. Now time for some rims/tires!

Looking good so far!

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Saturday, June 08, 2013 2:05 AM
much better lowered! keep it clean!

Saturday, June 08, 2013 2:44 AM
looking good!

Saturday, June 08, 2013 6:04 AM
If you watch close you can get the lip for around 175 shipped I picked one up last year off eBay. I live on a back road in northern ny and I have been on sportline-dspec combo since 2006 and they are on my second car ( the first one lost its life to rust) and they are still going strong if I was looking for suspension again I would go that route.
Monday, June 17, 2013 9:06 PM
Picked up 4 Genuine 5zigen fn01r-c's for $350! Only 1 of them had some chipping+needing touch-up, etc. minor curb-rash, but not super evident, nothing touch-up paint wont fix. Came with tires, 2 of them bald, 2 with about 6 months left of tread on them.

I put them on in the driveway to test fitment with the tires that came on them (215/55r17), They are 17x7 +46mm Offset, they clear the strut perch and rear strut fine and make it so I don't really need much spacing to get the wheel a little more out there, or make it so I don't have to at all.
Have to get new tires, I'll probably go 215/45r17 or stay with what it has, I like how I can only fit 2 fingers in the front /and/ back. Want to keep away wheel-gap as much as possible.
Also have to get some Hub-centric rings and new lug-nuts.

Pictures!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 17, 2013 9:08 PM

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:56 AM
225/45/17 fits 17s damn near perfect. Great score on the wheels and the price of them as well. Thats a STEAL. Not to mention they look great on there.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:03 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:225/45/17 fits 17s damn near perfect. Great score on the wheels and the price of them as well. Thats a STEAL. Not to mention they look great on there.

That's what I run on my srt4 wheels. Perfect fitment and straight sidewall. Best tire choice and grips well
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:13 PM
Vinyl the roof man! I did it on my Lancer and I love it.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:29 PM
Good choice on the wheels.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search