2003 4drs4morewhores 2013 build - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 4drs4morewhores 2013 build
Monday, April 08, 2013 8:00 PM
Hey guys just bought another J, first 4 door / ecotec ive owned. Big plans with moderate funds lol. Gonna start with suspension, brakes and some small goodies, hopefully collect parts for a motor build and a hahn stage 2 kit. Not in a huge rush insurance is expensive after two years of driving a 1991 5.0. so all opinons, tips, suggestions are all welcome! Thanks guys

Re: 2003 4drs4morewhores 2013 build
Monday, April 08, 2013 8:32 PM
the car as it was listed

and the parts car, why i love working at a scrap yard

the car back in my shop, i swapped the trunk and tail lights over already, forgot to explain i will be doing an 03 to 02 front end swap aswell as trunk lid, wing, and tail lights. an lss rear bumper when i find one and toyo tails, plus a paint job..... colour withheld.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 1:36 PM
should be a fun build...sedans always seem to have this odd appeal

i bet that alarm is loud..the speakers big enough! lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:46 PM
I love 4door 5spd's. Drop it, rims, add some boost via mp62, saab or lnf turbo..done

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 6:56 PM
I like whores.

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:33 PM
Hahaha thanks guys! Yeah the horn is very loud i was also surprised, i fell in love with my first j a 98 z24 5sp. Didnt love the ld9's lol seeing as how i went through 3 motors. Have done my research on the ecotecs and really like the build boosted idea, the 4 door is because i kinda fell inlove with a buddys 2010 sstc 4dr. I need to do the low and slow thing for a while let my insurance come down abit so thats also a 4 dr plus! Im planning on pickimg up some tein ss-p coils in the next comin weeks, followed by wilwood 4piston front brakes, bought the car with a valve or timing problem / not running. Called a couple scrap yards around my area and found an l61 with 60000km for $600. Will prob pick that up n swap it in the next couple months, also leaning toward the hahn stage 2 kit. Have done alot of research but love the opinions keep em coming! Btw i also am a fan of whores thats why i need more ahhaha
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:59 PM
Boosted sedans are ghey

Looks like a good base and sounds like some great plans.

Sedan ftw!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:51 PM
Listen to ^ g8p 1 over there, he knows how to show sedans some loving.

Friday, April 12, 2013 7:45 AM
Haha yeah boosted and 4 dr deffinitly ghey. Going to the shop to do some more work today! Updates soon !
Sedan FTW
^stolen^
Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:58 PM
hey guys got more pic but am having troubles with uploading them is there a better site then cardomain to remote link pics ? i have the pics i want on car domain but they wont remote like over here? i also had another question could some one point me in the direction of finding the build date on my car to determine if i have to buy a momo or nrg steering wheel hub adapter. thanks alot guys ! cheers!
Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:20 PM
Upload to photo bucket then link here,also your vin number should tell you when yours was build

Modding my j since I found the org

Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:13 PM
Thanks davila ! Worked mint. Ok well time to catch up on the pics that wernt posting.

Parts car

Unfortunately i couldnt get the hood or passenger fender

The trunk and tail lights swapped into the 03 cleaned and re tucked all the wires today

Last ever picture of my car looking like an 03

Doin work haha a buddy was nice enough to help out

Like this pic needs a lip tho

Junk yard headlights, gonna pull them apart sand/ polish the lenses and black the chrome outside pice of the headlight itself.

Doing more work tomorrow ! Will have more updates and pics ! Thanks guys! Keepin me motivated!
Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:59 AM
While you have them apart get some morimoto mini projectors and do a retrofit

Modding my j since I found the org
Monday, April 15, 2013 5:42 PM
Morimoto projectors are kinda cool but not for me, i like the factory looks of the car. Got some more time to work on the car, cleamed up a little doing the small stuff well my coil funds build. Was looking into buying the ebay blacked back headlight but decided id just make my own, save myself money and grief of buying ebay garbage that will likely brake. I also got a hood today and just tossed it on havent lined up the thing at all. Most of this is just for mock up, the bumper is cracked badly nd the one fender i have is very dented. I will be using the fog lights n head lights. Hoping to find new corner lights since mine are broken. I am also still polishing the lenses i used 600 dry, then 1000 wet, n 2000 wet then polished them and you can still see little scratches so im gonna grab some 3500 wet and get some grittier polish. I check the vin in a gm vin- decoder and it just said it was a yr model 03, i only want to know for ordering a nrg hub adapter. Would it say on the used vehicle package? Thanks alot guys !
P.s dont mind the multi colour, it will be painted. And the removable plate holder is from my 5.0, when i find a clean bumper with no plate holder thats where i will put the plate.

Monday, April 15, 2013 6:03 PM
Quick.worker

Monday, April 15, 2013 7:14 PM
any chance you can grab the power mirror switch trim on both sides with screws as well? Last thing the inside of my vert needs and none nearby

Monday, April 15, 2013 8:36 PM
Mike sorry after i pulled my parts they crushed the car, but if we get anotheri will surely snipe those for ya !, RONK20S thanks man i figure might as well do the smaller stuff while i wait, hoping to pick up coils in the next 2 weeks. Also gonna wrap the headliner i think, not sure what fabric yet but it will be subtle. All black interior with beige headliner and visors is hideous. Gonna try and keep it a dark colour.

a little shot of my old z!
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:13 PM
Sunday got a shop day all to myself, Did more small stuff tax pain has put a damper on the coil purchace. Pulled my headliner/ upper plastics and ordered a fabric on line waiting forthat to arrive, polished my head light lenses, re sealed em and slapped them in. I got rid of the third seat belt along with the baby seat restraints, going to wrap the rear deck aswell. Tucked the cruise control module in the cowl and installed the convertable strut bar, looks alot cleaner still along way to go. Ordered a black dash carpet too, gonna hide the @!#$ty crack.... Coils/motor soon to come. Gat dam taxes

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:33 AM
Got more time at the shop on the weekend, i removed my valve cover for polishing and for a look at the top end to see if i could find something wrong. To my surprise my father was feeling around the springs and rockers, and had a rocker fall into his hand. 3 or 4 others were loose, not sure if thats normal or not. Seemed wierd to me because ther others were so tight they wouldnt budge. Anyway i also got around to finish flushing the rear deck lid to get it ready for wrap. Tracing the holes n cutting proper size piieces of card board. Finally the fabric i ordered arrived, i also got permatex fabric to anything spray adhesive. Friday i will be picking up my 60,000 kms motor from dominion auto recyclers in hamilton. Install on all above goodies will be put on hold as i fractured my left elbow monday morn and found out ill be in a full arm cast for a month. When it rains it pours, well at least when im healed ill have work comin out my nose for this little sedan.
P.s valve cover updates soon, one thing i can still do haha
Sedan FTW

Opinions on the chocolate bandana ? I wanted to be different then the norm of plaid or louie vutton fabric.
Wednesday, May 08, 2013 2:12 PM

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 4:30 PM
Time to replace some lash adjusters...

Looks good though otherwise

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:42 PM
Dash carpet arrived, pretty happy with the quaity. Will post pics tomorrow of it in car, 1 more hr into the valve cover did alot of the grooves and @!#$ty spots, gonna go nuts this weekend!
Sedan FTW

Monday, May 13, 2013 7:58 PM

Monday, May 13, 2013 8:15 PM
Anybody ever told you black and brown dont match . I like the pattern but you need more tan or brown to pull it all together.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:09 AM
Thnx brian, gonna be doing the ebrake boot the same fabric, and ordered a wood grain wheel this morn which is a lightwood grain which should pull it all together !
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search