2013: The year of finish the f$#%ing car already!!! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2013: The year of finish the f$#%ing car already!!!
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:03 PM
Well, my booth...err, garage, is always open if you need something sprayed

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:21 AM
How did I miss this before? Anyway the car looks great brother. I'm ridiculously jealous of your engine bay, the pics don't do it justice.

With that knock sensor, is it the stock sensor for that motor? Just wondering whats to blame for the sensitivity.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:00 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:How did I miss this before? Anyway the car looks great brother. I'm ridiculously jealous of your engine bay, the pics don't do it justice.

With that knock sensor, is it the stock sensor for that motor? Just wondering whats to blame for the sensitivity.

Mine doesn't even have one hooked up O.o
Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:29 PM
Z24Sunfire wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:How did I miss this before? Anyway the car looks great brother. I'm ridiculously jealous of your engine bay, the pics don't do it justice.

You may want to look into that..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:08 PM

Thank man! You know the sad part...I've been looking at the engine bay the last few days and have decided it isn't clean enough...guess it's time to bust out the wire strippers and soldering gun, lol!

I've used a few KR sensors...I originally used the sensor that came on the motor (which is the same as the L61 sensor). I also double checked the p/n's, and the 00+ LD9 does use the same exact knock sensor. I also swapped on my old one from the L61, as well as a spare Ryan had, all with no change in result. We blame the PCM...seems hit and miss with LD9 guys..some desensitize the sensor to the point of almost turning off, and others have no issues at all. I think Ryan mentioned that he noticed just from the stock Ld9 tune to the GM reflash he noticed there was some desensitizing of the knock sensor as is...so even GM had to adjust for it's flakiness.

I think out of curiousity, I may grab an eco harness from the junkyard and toss it loosely in the bay, have Ryan flash a tune and just see what it does. My old tune on the L61 pcm was just like yours, not a spot of knock anywhere...figure for an hour or so of work I can get a more concrete answer if the LD9 pcm is just a whore, or if the knock sensor is indeed hearing something it needs to react to.
Part me of me actually wants to just throw the eco harness/pcm in so I can enjoy the car for the summer, then continue diagnosing the ld9 harness through the winter. I haven't really drove this car regularly in like 2 years and it's depressing, haha. Though I kind of think if the ld9 harness gets pulled, it goes. Too many better options like PJ's work with the P12 swap, the AEM FIC, or just say eff it and drop the cash on MS3, and go all out.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:44 PM
Haha, I wish my bay was half as clean as yours. After you mentioned relocating your fuse panel I took a second look at mine and I realized it probably isn't too hard to do. Still, I LOVE how clean and simple your bay is in comparison to mine.

It sucks that the LD9 pcm and harness swap is still just a wet dream without a happy ending. I was really interested to see how it worked for you and was expecting good things with Ryan working his magic on the tune. Seems like you should try the l61 harness again to get a concrete answer on those knock readings. Hopefully it'll confirm that the LD9 pcm is the issue and there's nothing else going on. If PJ does indeed work out the P12 swap I'll be STRONGLY considering that as an option. But hey, we know it only takes a stock J pcm with Ryan's tuning to blow the doors off of a S/Ced R32 vdubb

Anyway, do work son, I'll be checking in often to see how it's going. Unfortunate that I can't be there for memorial day weekend but hopefully I'll be making it back down there soon for some more beers and making Ryan almost wet himself while live tuning.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, May 24, 2013 3:30 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Z24Sunfire wrote:

You may want to look into that..

Hasn't been hooked up for...umm...two months now and runs great lol
Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:05 PM
Just a little update. Finally stopped by and picked up my thermostat housing. This is the LK9/LSJ housing, I had to lob off the corner so it will clear the shift cable bracket, and had some tube welded in to close up the gap. Still plenty of room inside so it shouldn't restrict flow or anything.

Hopefully I'll have a chance over the weekend to swap this on and get the oil cooler hooked up.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:58 PM
i love progress threads....shes gonna look killer with that silver exterior...and Id like to see the thermo housing and oil cooler once installed, incase that's the route I go!

and did I hear you say something about selling me the brickyard for cheap? that's mighty awesome of you! you're not half as bad as they say you are!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:03 PM
Yea I can't wait to repaint.

I do plan on casting some brickyards later this summer, most likely will be urethane

Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:11 PM
Nice! After seeing a picture it looks way simpler than I was originally thinking. If you have a good shop nearby to do this mod for you its definitely the way to go.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Friday, May 31, 2013 3:02 PM
This car needs an extreme tuner rear

Friday, May 31, 2013 3:06 PM
Clean Engine Bay, bro. Nice.
Friday, May 31, 2013 6:09 PM
strat81 wrote:This car needs an extreme tuner rear

Yes it does! Know someone who can help me out with that...

Dillan Turner wrote:Clean Engine Bay, bro. Nice.

Thanks! ...though I have a feeling if I end swapping harnesses again, it's gonna get cleaned up a bit more

Friday, May 31, 2013 6:59 PM
Possibly

Friday, May 31, 2013 7:50 PM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:
strat81 wrote:This car needs an extreme tuner rear

Yes it does! Know someone who can help me out with that...

As a previous owner of said item, i authorize this transaction.

Friday, May 31, 2013 9:00 PM
Holy hell. Modifiying the T-stat housing is a WAY better idea. I would up making a different shifter cable bracket and lopping off the nub on the trans housing.

I like that a lot better, needless to say. Well done.

Saturday, June 01, 2013 5:33 AM
HooWybrow wrote:Holy hell. Modifiying the T-stat housing is a WAY better idea. I would up making a different shifter cable bracket and lopping off the nub on the trans housing.

I like that a lot better, needless to say. Well done.

Yeah, originally I though I could get away with trimming the nub on the trans and slimming out the edge of the bracket, but it just wasn't enough. I wasn't quite sure how to remake the bracket and keep the cables aligned as needed, and was on a time budget to get everything in the car, so I tossed the L61 housing on just to get it done, and was able to fool with this housing in the meantime.

Saturday, June 01, 2013 9:29 AM
@!#$... wheres this 03 IF front

Saturday, June 01, 2013 10:06 AM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:@!#$... wheres this 03 IF front

Still sitting in basement...right where it's been for 2 years, lol. Had to take a back burner to other things. Crossing my fingers I can finish it over the summer and get it on the car

Saturday, June 01, 2013 10:27 AM
alright, i dont feel so bad then. ive had my xtreme kit sitting for bout the same amount of time. most progress ive made was i hung it on the garage wall last weekend lol

Saturday, June 08, 2013 6:42 PM
Haven't had the time to do anything with the car this week, but since the weather was nice today I thought she could use some fresh air. Tinkles was in the area to do some tuning with Oldskool, so we met up beforehand to snap a few pics of our once twins..

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:47 AM
such a cute couple! I wonder what kind of engine their kids will have though... O.o

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:14 PM
Seeing this car makes me want an Eco....but I refuse lol
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:32 PM
those Superchargers

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search