Cavalier XS... you asked for them... - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavalier XS... you asked for them...
Friday, July 17, 2009 5:43 AM
mitdr774 wrote:What is the pressure from just the turbo? When I ran the setup for one night the turbo fed the S/C with 7.35 PSI and the S/C (only produced 7.5 PSI on its own) compounded everything to 17.5 PSI before the PCM shut things down due to knock. This was at a measly 3500 RPM BTW.

I think i am at about 9psi Turbo... and after the SC i am seeing close to 20 at the manifold. With 8.5:1 compression, 94 octane, meth injection, and a bit of tuning, I see more KR than i would like to... but no where near enough to make me worry. Biggest thing now is my damn SC.. it is old and worn and has some shot bearings... after running for even a short while, the housing gets HOT to the touch... like you cant even keep your hand on it for more than a second. so that reallllllly doesn't help my IAT's.

I should get the thing rebuilt and ported.

Friday, July 17, 2009 5:48 AM
Carbon Cavi wrote:whats your buddys best run in his TC balt? I ran faster than that with just an intake...

His best time of the night was a 14.07. but i will confirm, but he did make a high-mid 13's run earlier this spring... like 13.7 or 13.8 i think....

i remember it was better than most other stock TC SS's i had heard of... I guess only higher time we had prrof of was supposedly some chick driving one in a youtube video, supposedly bone stock, and i think she got a 13.6

but usually you see people at like a 13.9 or so.....

I will confirm this and get back to you.

Friday, July 17, 2009 1:09 PM
ok i was close... his best time was a 13.85...

here is the video clip of his run....

13.85 in bone stock cobalt SS turbo

So his run against me was nothing to brag about... but the fact i was even that close and half crippled made me happy.

Friday, May 31, 2013 8:50 AM
any updates on this car, ken? did you ever get your blower rebuilt or return to the track with it? ever get to the dyno? ever install any of your cryo2 components and get that system working? if so what were the iat's afterwards? how big of a meth nozzle were you running?

very curious about this build and how it ended up.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Friday, May 31, 2013 1:31 PM
I haven't heard a peep out of Ken in quite a few years...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, May 31, 2013 5:07 PM
ive actually been talking to him all day lol

apparently he's had some turbo to manifold flange issues and it has sat for about two years now as he has bought a house and getting things in order.

he never got to the dyno with it nor ran it at the track again. but still, a 12.5 with a craptastic 2.4 60 foot and charge piping blowing off half track?!!? LOL thats an 11 second car.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search