'03 Yellow Belly Turbo Build - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Almost there...
Monday, March 31, 2014 1:29 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Awesome man, looks nice!

Abe Jacobs wrote:Also.. When I do get my exhaust, I want a deep rumble. Not exactly LOUD. But a nice rumble.. Any suggestions?

Run a cat, stock or high flow, doesn't matter. Use the biggest resonator you can possibly fit in there; I'm personally using a trailblazer resonator. Look into some sort of performance muffler. If you want a little quieter at low rpm, dynomax super turbo(I plan to go this route eventually. If you want louder, any glass pack that isn't a straight through can design(mine is a no name brand).

Can I use a resonator in place of my cat? And has anyone have any knowledge of the Thrush Turbo Muffler? Would this muffler be a good choice (if you know anything about Thrush that is)?

Did you say my car looks slow??

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 6:24 AM
T3/T4 57 trim, .63 a/r, tubular manifold, 3" exhaust, dynomax super turbo muffler.

Open cutout...

I think its quiet when cruising, no in cab drone. But opens up when you punch it!

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 1:57 PM
BNB.... How come your car lopes, when mine is steady?
I like the loping, but I love the steady just a little bit more.

So I put the catch can setup on.
I got the Fuel pump in yesterday
I missed my cavy soooo much!!!

Pics here....

New video..

I am going to take it on a drive tonight.. most likely a vid made tonight on the road.

I drive a sleeper...
Tuesday, April 01, 2014 3:20 PM
Mine lopes because of the stage 3 cams. Changes the power band up quite a bit up top. If I wanted steady, I can bump the idle up a hair but I love the lope the cams give.

Friday, April 04, 2014 2:01 PM
Ah.. got it.. I knew that exhaust sounded familiar. My best friend has stage 3 cams in his neon.

So I got a question to pick your brains, and I would like to hear about what y'all think about the tuning.......

I have been reading on this...

I would like to hear what you did, what your friend(s) did with their tune, if this would be better than tuning the ECO ecm (Alpha-N), if I should just dyno-tune the car as-is, or any other suggestions or preferences.

I'm almost there.......

I drive a sleeper...
Sunday, April 06, 2014 12:04 PM
Running a boosted setup with the LD9 supercharger flash would definitely be better because that program can actually read boost and the car will be fueled in a more consistent precise way in turn bringing out more of your setup's potential power. That being said keeping your stock ecu will work just fine as many people have successfully run them that way and made good power.

Sunday, April 06, 2014 1:06 PM
I had a lot of fun on a turbo the size of the one you just got. Finish already I wanna see this on the road!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Monday, April 07, 2014 11:38 AM
Ok ok Matt!! sheesh!
I got two vids since you're so impatient

This one of last night at about 6pm. I had to pass a couple cars... then I got on it. I shifted too early from 3rd to 4th. (not full throttle)

And this one was at about 8pm. I have a sticky shift cable (up/down) so.. holding the camera in 2nd to 3rd was a little much.. (about 90% throttle)

I am going to talk to my tuner tonight about the upcoming dynotune. I may have a little more fun tonight, but will have a camera man.
As soon as I empty this tank of gas enough, I will install the fuel pump and the AFPR... and a fuel pressure gauge when I get one.

Hit up youtube, and like my vids
2003 Turbo Cavalier....

I drive a sleeper...
Monday, April 07, 2014 2:33 PM
That thing sounds pretty sweet! It moves pretty good too!

Well done so far!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search