Cavalier Towing Service lol - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavalier Towing Service lol
Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:35 PM
Had a buddy who's Honda broke down 20 miles from tow soooo I towed it home with the cavy

Re: Cavalier Towing Service lol
Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:42 PM
lowered 4dr cavalier towing a civic... I approve!
Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:59 PM
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the Getrag isn't rated for towing in any capacity whatsoever when it comes to another vehicle.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:07 PM
Lol no it's not rated has no issues pulling it had plenty of power
Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:06 PM
Josh Meyers wrote:lowered 4dr cavalier towing a civic... I approve!

Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:25 PM
Hahah thats amazing! JBOTOW
Slammed sedan FTW
Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:35 PM
idk wether to pat you on the back or call you a moron.
Either way, that's a good shot right there.

Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:57 PM
Thats just awesome. And guess cuz u have a 4 door but that rear looks center for being lowered. Nice.

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:52 PM
That's cool if it was close and u weren't going very fast
I'd hate to see you cruising down the road at 55 and have to jam on the brakes. Would not turnout well
Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:47 PM
bro love it! i need to post this else where lol ..

Friday, June 14, 2013 2:53 AM
Poor transmission, lol

Friday, June 14, 2013 5:24 AM
This pleases me!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, June 14, 2013 5:53 AM
I enjoy as well.

Friday, June 14, 2013 5:15 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the Getrag isn't rated for towing in any capacity whatsoever when it comes to another vehicle.

-Chris-

When did they do away with the cavaliers towing capacity? Remember a couple js on here with boats behind them.

Only thing I would of worried about was the cops for being overload.

Friday, June 14, 2013 6:08 PM

I tow with mine all the time. I towed my fiero, my 89 z24, my sunbird, a 70s Beatle and a lot of other cars with it. It is very comfortable. Gets way better gas mileage then my truck when towing. Also makes people look puzzled when I'm doing it too. I also put a witch on my dolly and a toolbox on my trailer.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:16 AM
Hell ya, my sedan is gonna tow my 5.0 to the track! Hahahah
Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:45 AM
I also tow my boat

Saturday, June 15, 2013 8:30 AM
The only issue I could see is when I ran factory rims the car wanted to sway a little in the back even with brand new tires. Now with 18in low profile tires there was no sway so maybe they just needed more air, I have no idea.

Sunday, June 16, 2013 6:48 PM
i think they only removed the tow capacity for hte manual trans, since people in the general public are retarded.
Sunday, June 16, 2013 10:51 PM
as long as your brakes are up to par or upgraded even...that's the only thing I'd worry about other than going over a load capacity and breaking stuff. cool pic though! but id imagine if this is a 'regular thing' you should probably invest in a small truck that's designed to tow.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:15 PM
That is what everyone else does. Sometimes it's not worth the money spent on gas with a truck or the lack of seating unless you own a king cab. I prefer using my cars instead of my truck for what I do. Now if I tow something big and a long distances then use the truck but anything under 3,000lbs or my trailer I have no problem using my car.

Monday, June 17, 2013 3:54 AM
I don't see a problem with towing with a car, I see people up here in Labrador doing it all the time, especially with GM FWD cars (J-bodies, W-Bodies and N-bodies mostly)

I daily drive a 2500HD crew cab (w/6.0L) so I've always got towing covered, but I'm building up my Corsica to tow this small utility trailer I have, so I can pick up engines and parts in other provinces and save money on the trip. I've already got the hitch, STB and subframe brace, aux.transmission cooler and new CV's. So as long as it's under 1200lbs I think I should be perfectly fine with my 2.2/TH125C.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Corsica and a bunch of trucks too...
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 7:17 PM
i plan on pulling a small camper with my sunfire, turbo v6 swap shoudl handle it alone with 14" wilwoods and neon disks.
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:56 AM
I dont think its the engine thats in question Spencer as any Ecotec can handle the tow, its the strain on the transmission and the safety concern about proper braking abilities under heavy braking over short distances with a load thats the same or more weight than the car itself. A 2700lb car with a 3000lb object behind it (load + trailer) does not make for a very desireable math equation in an emergency.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search