Turbo LN2 Video - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo LN2 Video
Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:35 AM
Just a quick video I took last night. Its hard to handle the car with a camera in the same hand as the steering wheel without power steering so this is maybe 80% throttle after first gear (im sure the difference is negligible between 80-100% for the most part)

Its only 12psi for now, a few bugs to work out and then we can push it harder. For the time being I'm happy though.

It spins a lot, I need to get some new tires on it, but Im trying to squeeze a little more out of the current ones as I have two in the garage to use.

Thought I would share.

**I dont know why it doesn't have audio, but it basically sounds like all other turbo 4's***

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire

Re: Turbo LN2 Video
Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:48 AM
It's got sound for me.

Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:55 AM
Look at that little pushrod go!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:08 AM
Quote:

It's got sound for me.

Maybe my computer is unhappy today. But Im happy its working correctly.

Quote:

Look at that little pushrod go!

LOL I showed this video to 3 people who didn't believe it was an 8v motor.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:46 AM
very nice!!

Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:20 AM
Quote:

very nice!!

Thanks!

Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:24 AM
Aw, I miss my boosted LN2

Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:29 AM
Quote:

I used to watch a video of your car starting and idling with the turbo cam in it on youtube. lol mine has a nice idle to it now like that.

Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:33 AM
Was I seeing that tach right? What valvetrain you end up doing Matt? I know your built, so time to turn it up!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:00 PM
Quote:

Was I seeing that tach right? What valvetrain you end up doing Matt? I know your built, so time to turn it up!

Out of first it somehow bumps to 7k, but I really think thats slop in the factory gauge. Its set to 6500 right now. On the stock motor with 5psi we had the same limiter Just so that I wouldnt bump the factory one at whatever it was (cause i hit it a few times at the track and it screwed me up). In the couple months before I built it I beat the tar out of it and took the stock parts to 6500 a LOT and it surprisingly held up for about 3000 miles before I took the car apart.

Its got lifter springs from an SBC setup, chromoly rods and i forget what springs, but I had a shop machine the seats down. I basically took it there and told them to "make it fit thanks". I was considering moving the limiter to 7000, cause the car feels like it makes power up there with the cam its got in it. It sounds like all holy hell when its over its factory 6200 (or whatever the limiter is stock). LOL.

I got the spring part number from a thread on here somewhere, but i bought them YEARS ago. I have been collecting parts and knowledge for this car since 2006 and its finally got a tune in it that makes some respectable power. I just would have to actually look up the parts I used cause I dont remember (getting married, have a 10 month old, lol the part specs got pushed out of my head)

I plan to turn it up a lot (the motor isnt really even trying at this point). We ran into a few issues that I need to work out first, and then We will go for broke. Im really happy that its made it this far, and its not blown itself into 1000 pieces.

Next step is an actual MAP tune instead of this alpha n nonsense. Shes just getting her feet wet

Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:12 PM
Matt Linke wrote:
Quote:

Out of first it somehow bumps to 7k, but I really think thats slop in the factory gauge. Its set to 6500 right now. On the stock motor with 5psi we had the same limiter Just so that I wouldnt bump the factory one at whatever it was (cause i hit it a few times at the track and it screwed me up). In the couple months before I built it I beat the tar out of it and took the stock parts to 6500 a LOT and it surprisingly held up for about 3000 miles before I took the car apart.

Its got lifter springs from an SBC setup, chromoly rods and i forget what springs, but I had a shop machine the seats down. I basically took it there and told them to "make it fit thanks". I was considering moving the limiter to 7000, cause the car feels like it makes power up there with the cam its got in it. It sounds like all holy hell when its over its factory 6200 (or whatever the limiter is stock). LOL.

I got the spring part number from a thread on here somewhere, but i bought them YEARS ago. I have been collecting parts and knowledge for this car since 2006 and its finally got a tune in it that makes some respectable power. I just would have to actually look up the parts I used cause I dont remember (getting married, have a 10 month old, lol the part specs got pushed out of my head)

I plan to turn it up a lot (the motor isnt really even trying at this point). We ran into a few issues that I need to work out first, and then We will go for broke. Im really happy that its made it this far, and its not blown itself into 1000 pieces.

Next step is an actual MAP tune instead of this alpha n nonsense. Shes just getting her feet wet
Good deal! Can't wait to see more progress!

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:15 PM
Quote:

It may be a bit slow going, but it will come eventually. lol like i said, its been in the works since I bought the turbo kit I based this off of in '06. worth waiting though. The look on some peoples faces when they cant keep up is priceless.

Saturday, June 15, 2013 1:01 PM
Matt Linke wrote:
Quote:

It may be a bit slow going, but it will come eventually. lol like i said, its been in the works since I bought the turbo kit I based this off of in '06. worth waiting though. The look on some peoples faces when they cant keep up is priceless.
You should see the looks I get when the wastegate opens (atmospheric dump) and the tires are spinning @ 60mph +... It's the look of confusion and getting smacked in the face with a dodgeball at the same time...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, June 15, 2013 1:12 PM
Lol.

I think my favorite though Is "why does it idle like that?" (Mine has a slightly bumpy idle after its warm)

Saturday, June 15, 2013 4:43 PM
Matt Linke wrote:Lol.

I think my favorite though Is "why does it idle like that?" (Mine has a slightly bumpy idle after its warm)

love bumpy idle... thats going to be my favorite part... bumpy idle plus electric cutout.... the entire car shakes.

Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:21 PM
Haha yea, my exhaust is about 30" long (it dumps just past the oil pan). I love it.

The audio in the video had my hand over the mic, so it's hard to tell.. Short downturn on the waste gate too. She screams.

Monday, June 17, 2013 4:47 PM
looks good Matt we got an over heating issue to deal with on our ln2.

Monday, June 17, 2013 10:31 PM
Matt Linke wrote:
Quote:

I used to watch a video of your car starting and idling with the turbo cam in it on youtube. lol mine has a nice idle to it now like that.

Haha, I miss that sound.

Sounds like you have nice build goin on... how do you have it tuned?

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:07 AM
Sounds smooth

Enjoy life while you can, because you only have one shot. So go BIG or go home.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:25 AM
Very nice, that 0-60 is up there with cars that cost tons more, good job.

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 9:32 AM
Very cool Matt. Wonder how it got to runnin so smooth...

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:49 PM
Quote:

Sounds like you have nice build goin on... how do you have it tuned?

Thank you. Its tuned with HPT, with the stock Alpha-N system for now. Planning on getting a 2bar MAP and running the blower tune though when we push up the boost and try for more power. Daily driving is basically like stock, and the WOT AFR is a solid 11.8 (+- .1).

Quote:

Sounds smooth

For what its got in it, I couldnt be happier for now.

Quote:

Very nice, that 0-60 is up there with cars that cost tons more, good job.

It has surprised many people so far, but 0-60 is hard when your tires wont stick well enough. I need to get the TG insert again and some new tires. (I popped a trans with my first insert somehow, probably user error lol)

Quote:

Very cool Matt. Wonder how it got to runnin so smooth...

I just cant wait till its finished.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:38 PM
Quote:

looks good Matt we got an over heating issue to deal with on our ln2.

Thanks! Any ideas on the issue you are having? PM me and I can give you any input I can think of if you need. So far mine has been solid on engine temp. I have a kink in my heater core line that runs dreadfully close to the down pipe that I have to fix, as well as the WG dumping a few inches away from the water neck (this has been fine for 1000s of miles, but I still intend to repair). lol basically the car SHOULD overheat IMO, but it doesnt. I did eliminate the a/c on the car and have no condenser up front, so im sure that helps.

I have a lot of tinkering to do this year before we start ramping up for big power.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:54 PM
We just think it's time to upgrade the radiator. You can drive all day long out of boost or for tiny pulls but beating on it takes forever to cool back down....so we're going to toss a 180 t stat and lower the fan settings to see if we can fend it off, otherwise we might be looking at a bigger radiator.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:02 AM
Ick, the AlphaN setup is horrible, lol. I ran mine for about 10k miles and it was pretty accurate but nothing like It should be. Babying it to stay out of partial throttle boost was a pain with relying on PE to fuel it properly and everything. Doable, but far from ideal.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search