Some Awesome Local Js FS - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some Awesome Local Js FS
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:15 PM
The girlfriend and I are looking for a 4 door car to trade her 2006 Scion tC in for and found these few gems. The red sunfire is literally 1.06 miles away from my house.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/inview/detail.jsp?dealer_id=54322974&dealership_view_name=franksusedcars&ct=u&car_id=346845276

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?dealer_id=45105945&ct=u&car_id=349092752

Re: Some Awesome Local Js FS
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:56 PM
I see "unlisted" on the Sunfire which to me means "We're asking too much, but if you call we can try to push you into some worthless piece of @!#$ we can't sell", and then I see someone asking $6000 for a 2002 Cavalier..... You go spend $6K on a 2002 Cavalier and I'll slap the @!#$ out of you.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:01 PM
Hahaha yes the guy with the sunfire has had it for a LONG time but I would find it almost perfect if it just didnt have those @!#$ty headlight stickers... And the Cav is expensive but other than the color, and even kinda with the color, it is awesome. Haha.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:39 PM
U live in cresson ? Lol I live in Altoona and work in gallitzin
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:26 PM
It is generally known that dealers price cars higher than what they expect to actually get for them. That 02 Cavalier is fairly priced. It is in the range of the blue book value and could easily be obtained for less than $6000 total after tags and tax. My '04 cavalier has 140,000 miles, gets nearly 30mpg city/highway mix, and has only required routine maintenance and minor repair work. Did I mention it looks and runs as if it just rolled of the showroom floor? $6,000 for a 140hp, FULLY loaded, fuel effecient, LOW mileage, sporty looking car that would EASILY last another decade if not longer, is more than reasonable. It drives me crazy how cheap people on this site are. If they can't get a mint condition J for under $1,000 then its a total rip off! I have sat in and driven newer cars that fall in the same catagory as a j-body. Fancy electronics and slightly better plastic molding has yet to be enough to justify shelling out $20,000. I guess its to be expected since its not a forum for Viper owners, but for Christ's sake would kill someone to admit a J-body is actually worth something?

end/rant

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:46 PM
i dig the sunfire, red interior and 5 speed
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:22 PM
TheInfamousEco wrote:It is generally known that dealers price cars higher than what they expect to actually get for them. That 02 Cavalier is fairly priced. It is in the range of the blue book value and could easily be obtained for less than $6000 total after tags and tax. My '04 cavalier has 140,000 miles, gets nearly 30mpg city/highway mix, and has only required routine maintenance and minor repair work. Did I mention it looks and runs as if it just rolled of the showroom floor? $6,000 for a 140hp, FULLY loaded, fuel effecient, LOW mileage, sporty looking car that would EASILY last another decade if not longer, is more than reasonable. It drives me crazy how cheap people on this site are. If they can't get a mint condition J for under $1,000 then its a total rip off! I have sat in and driven newer cars that fall in the same catagory as a j-body. Fancy electronics and slightly better plastic molding has yet to be enough to justify shelling out $20,000. I guess its to be expected since its not a forum for Viper owners, but for Christ's sake would kill someone to admit a J-body is actually worth something?

end/rant

A couple issues with your logic(and your mind in the sky love for J-bodies clouding reality).

1. "Sporty looking" lol...
2. Whether you think the car is the most reliable, powerful, and fuel efficient car since sliced bread "for the price", it's not worth it. Plain as day, J-bodies are throw away cars with garbage resale value. You can hate the facts all you want, a 2002 bone stock Cavalier is NOT worth anywhere near $6000 no matter what website you're on. It's not just "cheap" people on here. We're just as reasonable as any other buyer and wont let ourselves get upside down in the hole because we are the only one that finds the value in a $6K 11 year old American throw away car.
3. No, we cannot admit they're worth something because they aren't. Again, they're throw away cars. They're a dime a dozen, and they're not worth squat, so why screw yourself out of resale value by paying $6k for a car worth $3k?

And before you get on your "omg I love my J body so they're worth their weight in gold because mine has been reliable and I think 140 factory rated horsepower makes a fast car", I haven't owned a J body since 2006, I've owned fast cars, reliable cars, cheap cars, expensive cars, and even am making car payments on a used car right now that actually holds some value and I(unlike paying anywhere near $6000 for an 02 Cav), actually got a good deal on it!

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:56 AM
TheInfamousEco wrote:It is generally known that dealers price cars higher than what they expect to actually get for them. That 02 Cavalier is fairly priced. It is in the range of the blue book value and could easily be obtained for less than $6000 total after tags and tax. My '04 cavalier has 140,000 miles, gets nearly 30mpg city/highway mix, and has only required routine maintenance and minor repair work. Did I mention it looks and runs as if it just rolled of the showroom floor? $6,000 for a 140hp, FULLY loaded, fuel effecient, LOW mileage, sporty looking car that would EASILY last another decade if not longer, is more than reasonable. It drives me crazy how cheap people on this site are. If they can't get a mint condition J for under $1,000 then its a total rip off! I have sat in and driven newer cars that fall in the same catagory as a j-body. Fancy electronics and slightly better plastic molding has yet to be enough to justify shelling out $20,000. I guess its to be expected since its not a forum for Viper owners, but for Christ's sake would kill someone to admit a J-body is actually worth something?

end/rant

I agree with the basis of this statement. I have always paid between 5 and $6,000 for my cavaliers because I buy very clean retail units. In my opinion they are worth that kind of money because you won't be funneling more money in down the road for maintenance and fuel, at least compared to most other vehicles. Plus there aren't many other vehicles that I would rather drive, so I source what I want and pay what it costs for the most part, but that's just me.

On a side note, I stumbled across that red sunfire about a year ago when I was looking for a cavalier and the guy was asking around $12,000 if my memory serves. If he would have gone down to $6,000 I would have bought it and cleaned it up a little. At least he knows what he has.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:44 AM
Anyone asking $12000 for a sunfire does not "know what they have". Example: I paid about that much for my 07 cooper s. Turbo, 6speed, gas mileage, features and options a plenty, will out run, out handle, and far out resell a j body. That's a good deal. $6000 for a bone stock, 2002 cavalier or sunfire is not a good deal. I'm sorry, but if YOU see the value in it for its reliability, fine. You just would have to understand that when it comes time to sell, you're losing your ass.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, July 01, 2013 4:45 PM
You want to see stupidly priced cars? Try to find a clean showroom unmolested 92-00 Civic.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:52 AM
'04 LSS w/15k miles sold for 9 grand here:

One Owner 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe w/ only 15k miles

Real nice guy via email, I sent him an inquiry to see whether or not the price was negotiable - nope; firm at 9 and it was sold within a couple of days!

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:48 AM
Ecoswapped wrote:U live in cresson ? Lol I live in Altoona and work in gallitzin

Haha yes I do. I live in Cresson and I work in Altoona. I have moved around a lot in the past year or 2. I lived in Glendale, then moved to Juniata for a year, then to Pittsburgh, back to Glendale, and now finally here to work and I will be going to school at the Mount. haha.

Thursday, July 04, 2013 3:44 PM
That Sunfire is absolutely perfect for what I've been looking for for years. But not for 12k.. Or even 6k. While I agree with Infamous for the most part, Dustin makes a good point; J owners are notoriously cheap. This is why when I fix my ex's Z24, I won't be posting it for sale here. That second link didn't work for me.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, July 05, 2013 6:10 AM
It doesnt say how much it is. I may call or drop by after work one of these days just to see how much it is haha.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:34 PM
I went and asked about the sunfire a few days ago and they are asking 8k for it. Hahaha. They do have a 2002 Sportage with 30k miles for only 6 grand that I am feeling though. Not the best looking vehicle but not the worst and with those miles I think it looks like a golden egg. hahaha.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:40 PM
8k? Where the @!#$ do they pull these numbers from?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search