New Guy/My Car - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: New Guy/My Car
Thursday, October 03, 2013 8:11 AM
You got a CAI? Sweet. Is it custom? Gonna put a pic of it?

Did you say my car looks slow??

Thursday, October 03, 2013 6:22 PM
Not sure if sarcastic, but there is a pic of it earlier in this thread.
Friday, October 04, 2013 9:58 AM
Mrs. Jazer explained to you what a CAI is.....

Did you say my car looks slow??
Friday, October 04, 2013 10:16 AM
You're right, no cai. I got a warm air intake/short ram intake.
Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:34 PM
I added an upper strut bar to my car today. It is an Ebay special that I picked up for $30, it had been on there for a while.

This is it in the box, a Number 1 (?) brand. I assume it is an Ebay special.

This is everything out of the box.

Here it is installed.

Final product.
My main concern is that it is flat on there, but it hits the hood a bit and makes it a little harder to close.

Everything is tightened down and laying flat. How concerned should I be about this?
The hood shuts and latches.
Monday, November 25, 2013 5:00 AM
Maybe try flipping the strut bar over so the hood isnt resting on it.

Id flog it off personally and buy a GM bar.
Sunday, December 01, 2013 9:55 AM
I found a steal of a deal (imo) on a used set of 16 inch Enkei wheels with tires for $135. The wheels are probably 7/10, the tires are snow tires with about 40% left. I had to drive about 2 1/2 hours each way, from Kansas City to Springfield, and I had to spend $35 on some lug nuts. The were previously on a PT Cruiser, but they fit on my car just fine.
Putting them on in my garage:

Some more pictures after I ran it through the car wash this morning:

And I know the typical 'It would look better lowered' will be thrown out a lot, but I am just glad I got some aftermarket wheels on it.
Mods now include these wheels/ tires, a Thrush turbo muffler, a tint brow, fog lights, and a short-ram intake. I bought a strut bar for it, but I took it off until I can find a way for it to fit better. I am hoping to put a spoiler on it next.
Monday, December 02, 2013 4:59 PM
Thoughts? Suggestions?
Monday, December 02, 2013 6:01 PM
Besides the typical "lower it" lol.

Pick up a z24 package front/rear bumper and skirts and the rear spoiler.
Before that see if you can find a trunk from a 00-02, so that you can get a nice clean look for the trunk.
Also if you haven't already debadge the trunk.

Nice clean look across the board. That's my intake on making a nice look.

Maybe think about looking into a set of the Ebay projector headlights if that's your fancy???

The world is your oyster, but so far its good to see you actually making an attempt with what you got which always makes me happy.
Friday, December 20, 2013 8:20 AM

I had to have a fuel pump and filter put in my car after it broke down on the highway. $400 later, here it is back to how it was.
Mods: 16 inch Enkei wheels, Thrush Turbo muffler, EBay short-ram intake, tint brow, fog lights, and an upper strut bar waiting to be installed.
I think my next mod will be a rear spoiler.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
What do you like and not like?
Friday, December 20, 2013 8:21 AM

I had to have a fuel pump and filter put in my car after it broke down on the highway. $400 later, here it is back to how it was.
Mods: 16 inch Enkei wheels, Thrush Turbo muffler, EBay short-ram intake, tint brow, fog lights, and an upper strut bar waiting to be installed.
I think my next mod will be a rear spoiler.
Thoughts? Suggestions?
What do you like and not like?

Saturday, December 21, 2013 9:18 PM
Today I relocated my ECU and I installed my upper strut bar. No pics as I ran out of daylight, I will get some soon. As stated before, my strut bar was hitting my hood, so I had to install the bar upside down. It bows down instead of bowing up like it should. I don't see any reason that it wont function as it should.
Sunday, December 22, 2013 2:22 PM
BEFORE:

AFTER:

As you can see, I had to install the strut bar upside down to prevent it from hitting my hood. Will that be ok? And you can see that I relocated the ECU.
Still dirty, I need to clean it.
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 4:55 PM
Few things. Nice score on the wheels. Definitely make it look better for sure.
Second... you got RAPED on that fuel pump price. Could have got a replacement pump for $150 or so, then done it yourself if you have the means to.
Strut bar will work fine like that.
Id like it more if the engine bay was detailed. Washed or wiped down would make it look a ton better with out a lot of work.

Good start though. Gotta start somewhere.

Thursday, January 02, 2014 2:22 PM

Small update: I de-badged my car today. Didn't take much since I have the base model Cavalier. I only had to remove the CAVALIER off of the trunk, and 'Heartland Chevy Liberty, Mo' off of the left side of the bumper. It only takes a hairdryer, some fishing line, some sort of sturdy card from your wallet, some Goo Gone, and some wax. This is an easy, cheap mod for people looking to make their vehicle a little different. My car is obviously really dirty, but the weather has been bad. I will take better pics when the weather gets better and I get the car cleaned up.
Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:04 AM
I have been thinking about Plasti Dipping my wheels and Chevy symbols on the front bumper and trunk either black or the new metallic gold color. What would you do? Thoughts? Suggestions?
Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:07 AM
White rims man that's what I'm doing and my car looks exactly like yours

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:00 PM
I got same red car as you minus the moldings.. Do yourself a favor and remove the front and rear emblems, purchase a new front, fairly cheap, paint it (not plasti dip) and clean the tape off the rear and retape and paint it same color as front.. So much better results.. I tried PD on my rear emblem, and was highly disappointed.. You can even leave the rear on and tape it up and paint if you want.. You really don't wanna do PD.. That's my insight.. I did my emblems white.. I just used white paint and rattle can clear and they came out great!!
Attachments
image.jpg (1777k)

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:03 PM
I also did carbon fiber vinyl wrap on my hood, grille molding, and trunk.. Here is a pic of my front end all done with that white emblem
Attachments
image.jpg (931k)

Friday, February 28, 2014 6:34 PM
I got a great offer and sold my wheels. I bought them for $135, rolled around on them for two months, and sold them for $300. I will take that any day of the week. I am back to rolling on steelies. I might throw on some chrome lug nuts to dress them up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search