my 04 cav build - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my 04 cav build
Friday, June 28, 2013 5:24 PM
well i bought an 04 cav z type..been a while since i had a j so i waited till i found what i wanted.z type lip kit,an eco, and a standard

heres the beginning

after tinted tails new wheels and goldlines on d specs

out in the sun

hid's and my mustang hiding in the backround

new hood taking shape

lovin the look.i apparently have a fleet going

gtp interior swap.best upgrade yet

and the rears

.so far build is starting on week 2.let me know what yas think

Re: my 04 cav build
Friday, June 28, 2013 6:30 PM
Re badged LS S?
Friday, June 28, 2013 6:37 PM
teal wrote:Re badged LS S?

Yeah dealer rice.

FU Tuning

Friday, June 28, 2013 6:40 PM
lss z type.i still consider thedm a z24 because of all the gfx

Friday, June 28, 2013 6:56 PM
Trevor Mullins wrote:lss z type.i still consider them a z24 because of all the gfx

Consider this: dealer installed decals to make some poor person pay more for a likely Base Model do not make it a Z24.

Where are the Factory Alloy Wheels?

That car could only be a Z24 if it were from Canada, as they do NOT EXIST here beyond the 2002 models.

Stop making those of us that actually DO own a Z24 look bad. Take those crappy Z-Type decals off & forget that they were ever there.

You will feel a whole lot better about the situation.

Please...

(and don't complain, you asked for our input)

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Friday, June 28, 2013 8:03 PM
For whatever reason, I love a Cavalier with a cowl hood. I approve! And nice Notch as well! I've got an 89 5.0 LX hatch myself.
Friday, June 28, 2013 8:52 PM
well it had factory alloys but they were sold before i got the car it just had the winter wheels on.and this car is a canadian car.i live in canada

Saturday, June 29, 2013 3:45 AM
In Canada, we got the z type. It was basically a base model with the z kit. Sometimes came wit a sunroof, came with stick 15 inch alloys, not 16s.
The car is looking good man, I love the interior swap.

Saturday, June 29, 2013 4:18 AM
More pix of the interior swap please!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, July 01, 2013 7:32 PM
hey guys sorry i will get more interior pics later been a busy weekend got the hood done and on.plus also it has been canada day weekend so been out with kids alot. so here it is all completed

Monday, July 01, 2013 9:53 PM
Looks good!

Who gives a @!#$ if it is a Z type anyways........it's a the canvas that you work on.....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:14 AM
Strangely enough, I like the hood now that it's done and painted. During the progress pics, I was hating it.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:52 AM
I absolutely love how that looks.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:18 AM
that hood looks amazing...ive always loved small cowls on almost any car. However, its added weight and only asthetic unless you plan on somehow making it functional by either getting it to vent hot air out the back or using it for clearance for a larger motor. Not hatin, I love it. But I also love functionality for almost anything that goes on the car. Im more go vs show though ya know, so, yo, joe...lol

Personally I love the 2dr LSS cavs in black. Id love to see it in gun metal or black wheels, chrome is not my thing unless its an old 32 Ford or a 60's Chevy truck, but thats just me

oh and the interior looks great! Im a fan of upgraded interiors. Were the GTP (GrandPrix) brackets a straight forward mount like the fbodies and Grand Ams?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, July 03, 2013 3:15 AM
no the gtp seats dont just bolt to the jbody brackets. the gtp base is a lil wider. we just tacked them on and test fitted the final welded the gtp seats to the jbody brackets.the hood will be functional .we have 2 holes planned for the underside

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:56 AM
very nice...hood def sets it apart from other jbodies..now it just needs a brickyard spoiler and you're done!

i dont have welding experience...so Im not sure how Im going to install my corvette seats (C5)...but I was thinking of drilling into the floorboard so i dont have to cut anything. the Camaro seats bolted right up to the jbody brackets so it was a stupid simple procedure..

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, July 07, 2013 2:19 PM
I like it, and to the guy getting pissy because this guy has a z sticker on the back of his lss. Get over it. It's a @!#$ cavalier. If he wants a sticker on the back that says z24 who really gives a @!#$? Plus as stated he's from Canada where the z still technically lived after 02.

Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:18 PM
blucavvy wrote:I like it, and to the guy getting pissy because this guy has a z sticker on the back of his lss. Get over it. It's a @!#$ cavalier. If he wants a sticker on the back that says z24 who really gives a @!#$? Plus as stated he's from Canada where the z still technically lived after 02.

This Cavalier stuff is serious business.

Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:55 PM
A type and z24 do not equal the same thing.

FU Tuning

Sunday, July 07, 2013 6:15 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:A type and z24 do not equal the same thing.

After 2002, it didn't make a difference anyways...

Now the 2.2 and 2.4? That is different...

So for this year car, the point is moot....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Monday, July 08, 2013 7:14 PM
It is not a Z24. He considers it one, which is wrong because it is not.

Z24's all had painted mirrors, painted door handles, full body kit, 16" Alloy Wheels and chrome exhaust tip.

Z-Types had black mirrors and door handles (unpainted), the full Z24 body kit & spoiler, including fogs and exhaust, and 15" 5 spoke aluminum wheels, not 16".

Which you can clearly see that he has unpainted door handles & mirrors, manual crank windows, manual locks & stated that he had the 15" wheels.

its the same marketing stuff as the Canadian Z22 badging. So the mystery is solved.

He has a base model with a dealer added Z-Type Package. Now that this has been cleared up, I like your new hood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 08, 2013 7:15 PM

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24

Monday, July 15, 2013 6:57 PM
ya we r lovin the hood gets alot of looks.just added a rear window cowling .finally got new headlightsa and finished up my stereo install.also painted valve cover.always doing something to it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search