My Current 2200 - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My Current 2200
Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:54 AM
I was not aware of this interior! Man I'd love to track that down..

"In Oldskool we trust"

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:13 AM
yeah your car's color is great and that front bumper is much better. Though Im not a fan of lip kits, especially on cars that dont need aero improvements that are still topping out at 100mph
progress looks good and Im the same with the drums, they should not stand out. They dont exactly scream "look at my performance upgrades!" lol. Infact, if you want to do red, you might look into doing a rear disc swap (usually had for under $200), then painting the calipers a slightly darker red.

definitely a fan of the look and color, keep the progress coming!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:11 PM
I like that stock bumper and stock lip better than that body kit. I actually switched out that same body kit on my Z24 for a stock bumper with RK lip. That interior is hott!

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:50 PM
Ya the rear seats matched and everything. Door panel trim area, and all seats. Seats were stitched with blue stitching.

Philly D,
I think yours must be like a different one than this. This one did not have that side airbag thing that i think i saw yours have. Plus, this one the z24 on the seats are not red like yours (if i recall yours having red z24s????)
and i do not know if yours has the blue stitching.
Regardless, I would love your interior as well. (If you ever put your car up for sale i might be interested depending on the price. I still adore your vehicle)
Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:50 PM
Your right.

It is slightly different but same logos. Just different color combo.

I have red and blue z24 with blue chev logos on the door and black stitching
Sunday, September 01, 2013 6:35 PM
Alright.

So this afternoon, I went thru 2 drill bits and ran out of juice in my cordless drill. But I managed to obtain 1 power window motor/regulator. (Scrapyards were having 50% off so it was $20). Well after only getting 1, I went home an worked on my wiring for the power windows. I branched off of my sunroof circuit and hooked up my switch. Then I hooked up my newly acquired regulator/motor.

Turned it on, and it worked! Yay! I was just about to start drilling out my manual ones when I decided I was gonna test out the longevity of the motor. Turns out it fades in like 20 seconds or less. So the motors pooched but at least my wiring is all ready for when I get new ones.

And that's my update for now.
Head Gasket
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:22 PM
So, I am extremely sad right now. I am lead to believe my Head Gasket is done.

My car currently drives 100% fine right now, so that's the only thing weird about this situation.

My cavalier seems to always be "uping" the temperature so to speak. It will want to go up as fast as it can. I timed it last night, at idle, and in 2 minutes and 30 seconds it went from normal operating
temperature to the point when the fan kicks on to cool it. However, the temperature doesn't drop when the fan kicks on. It just stays there and the fan keeps motoring on.

I have drove it today to work (80km/h to 120km/h) on the highway it was fine.

Of course in city its constantly at fan engage mode. (109 degrees C???)

I checked my fluid and I seemed to have lost a little.
Which that is when I got really worried.
I then checked the exhaust to see if I could smell anything.

And I believe it smells a little sweet to me.

Am I correct to be thinking my Head Gasket is the culprit and it couldn't be anything else? I don't have access to a compression tool at the moment so cannot check the cylinders.

Re: Head Gasket
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:22 AM
Its possible.

Or could just be a bad tstat.

Have you checked the oil for white and milky looking or the coolant bottle for oil
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:40 AM
Both the oil and the coolant are fine.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:55 AM
I'm having the same problem. I can get in the car, drive less than two miles and I top out at the 260* and I'm on a hwy at this point when it hits that high doing 65 - 75MPH, and it after about 15 seconds it drops down to between the halfway and the third tick mark after 100*.. so about 220ish degrees Fahrenheit. I have to keep filling it up weekly so that this doesn't keep happening. My engine oil is not milky, but I haven't checked for sweetness in the exhaust.

Also, brand new thermostat.

Did you say my car looks slow??
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:21 PM
Alright heres my Coolant

and heres my oil

Both are doing good as far as i can see. Car just seems to love the bit higher temp right now.

I am going to try and check the compression of the cylinders tonight.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:08 PM
Id do a coolant flush.....eww.
Car screwed?
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:54 PM
@!#$.... Cylinder 1-3 160ish compression Cylinder 4 120...

@!#$ balls.

And the gap on the 4th cylinder spark park was way different then the other ones.

ALSO, threading the 4 cylinder spark in was annoying. Never really "finished".

So what am I looking at here guys? Thoughts?

Thing still "runs" just get hot quick and stays hot ish unless on the highway.

My local parts store has the head gasket set and head bolts available in store for $250

But my concern it might not be the head gasket. The threading on the spark plug or me worried.

Could it be a bent valve? Or even worse??????!!!! Bottom end!!!!!!???
Re: Car screwed?
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:10 PM
Sounds like you need a new head. I bet it's cracked somewhere, plus the threads for the #4 plug are obviously ruined. You could attempt to use a helicoil but I'd put money on it being cracked by now. Find a good head whether new or used, flush all remaining drops of dexcool out, refill with ethylene glycol (green) based anti freeze, and take A LOT of time working air out of the system.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:25 AM
Id start with a leakdown test.

But you can get a whole motor from pick and pull for $200
Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:16 AM
Ya I don't have compressed air or a proper compression tester for that.

I'm worried that its bottom end. Like the actual cylinder isn't doing so well. But the motor runs fine, with no codes thrown and no misfires and still drives like a champ up steep hills which I figure means the block should be fine and its just top end.

From scrapyard I can pull a head for like $80
But then I gotta check for leaks and also then check if its flat.

I'm just don't have a place to "do this" as I live in an appartment complex, and I would have to have this thing out of service for awhile.
(Can't do it in a street type thing)

Also I don't have a lift/engine hoist if I want to drop another motor in.

I feel with some help of friends I can defiantly do a Head Gasket, and spend the money on checking my head while its off and if I have to get a new one (spark plug can be re threaded and its warped/cracked) then I will have to pull another one and get that one rechecked

I'm surprised its still operating normal with low compression in cylinder 4
Sunday, September 15, 2013 5:46 AM
Urathane..... Best thing when not used to lowl lol

Or random pothole attacks. =]

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Ahhhhh sigh of relief
Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:16 PM
Alright. So it turned out I was just super paranoid about that whole deal. It happened on a day it got really hot, so my engine temp was just a little higher than normal. And the compression is because of a worn (or multiple) piston ring.

Since I last wrote about it nothing abnormal has happened.

So I'm gonna drive it to the ground in the meantime.

Anyways. After a couple months if scavenging scrapyards I finally found door panels!!!!!

I was looking for 2 dr door panels that had both power locks and power windows and were in the tweed style. So I was looking for a very rare car style.
Re: Ahhhhh sigh of relief
Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:05 PM
Oh also, I figured i would swap in this before the rain begins to pour here in Vancouver

I can't stand not having Delay Wipers.
Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:51 PM
Power Windows are in and fully operational.

Looks just like factory.

I also plugged the delay wipers in just for fun.

Now my car only is missing cruise control, AC, tilt steering, and the suspension package.

All of those I will not be putting into my car. I am satisfied with its current options now
Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:37 PM
Get tilt...its easy to do

Saturday, September 28, 2013 3:45 PM
This weekend nothing fancy, just installed a cargo net and picked up a center console cup holder insert.

I want all the options.... lol
Sunday, November 03, 2013 7:48 PM
So I haven't been up to much as I have been busy moving into my girlfriends and I's new place, so I haven't got around to working on anything.

But here a picture of the cargo net in. Saves me from destroying any more hardhats

And here is what i have been tinkering with.

I managed to pick up a rear lip for my cavalier in the same colour as my car.

Fitment

And just a little of it on. I have to take the entire bumper off to install the entire thing though

Monday, November 04, 2013 10:21 AM
Looks clean, that lip install with the zip ties might have been one i did way back...like 8 years ago. Did the car have a red bumper and yellow lip? Keep up the good work.

Nothing New
Monday, November 04, 2013 11:07 AM
There ya go. Ya it was your write up. It was well done up and simple.

The rear lip is a little bit more challenging because I have to cut the slots into it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search