Welp, so much for that.... - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Welp, so much for that....
Friday, August 23, 2013 12:45 PM
Abe, how will you get to the store to buy one if you wont even start your car up until it has one in it?

But yeah, Im seriously going to get one myself. I may even install a silly crossbar or something just to mount it since i dont use my rear seats (they're always folded down anyways). Or mount one behind the driver seat by the belt bracket or something.

I think this is a huge lesson many can learn, anything can happen at any time and it may not always be such a slow process..it could have been a lot worse!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Friday, August 23, 2013 4:51 PM
So I got me one.

Question is where to mount it.

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 24, 2013 5:44 AM
Brad WTF!

Sorry for your loss man, that was a really nice Z24. You had alot of progress on that car. What are your plans now?

I too will be getting a a bottle of "Fight the fire"!

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:39 PM
for my white car i think ill just go with a fancy system but for black car, just one mounted somewhere easy to reach is definitely gonna happen.

far as plans go i am looking for another silver z24 but not having much luck. they either are all rusted out with high mileage, automatic, or are a million miles away. ideally i wanna trade my 2003 grand am gt for a 2002 z24 sedan with a 5speed. unmolested with no rust and lower mileage would be badass. but at this point in the j-body life span, finding something like that is gonna be mighty hard. if i didnt care about the engine i can find ecotec ls sports all day long but we all know how i feel about that.

if i cant find one by next spring im just gonna put my efforts into my red 96 z i have sitting here. its rusted out but its pretty much all set up, just need to put the motor back in and put the technic m62 kit back in and ill hopefully have a near 12 second car. its gonna take quite a bit of work though. lots of things need fixed. the previous owner meant well but the execution of how things were done are (and no offense to you cody whatsoever, i know you were doing the best you could) below par for what i like.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Monday, August 26, 2013 4:02 PM
Once again to bad your so far away cuz i make chip foose look like a rookie

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:26 AM
you could always try to get ahold of Austin (who ironically lives near Austin, TX) (Scrapz). He just sold his silver m62 (and fully built motor) sedan to his boss. Maybe he's willing to let it go for a decent price. Was a cool little 4door and definitely needs to go back into the community, where his boss will most likely NOT have it.

We seem to get a lot of decent J's here in Texas, and more often than not there is little to zero corrosion/rust. Sounds like your best bet is to find one for a good price, fly here, and drive it back!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:20 AM
Drive to Canada, come buy Sickness. Comes with tons of carbon. And brand new 03 front doors with zero rust off Darrens car. lol.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:15 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:So I got me one.

Question is where to mount it.

blu04DD wrote: Or mount one behind the driver seat by the belt bracket or something.

Thats where I put mine... however it does make wind noise with the windows down so I might have to re-explore where mine is.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:44 PM
ive been thinking about where to mount mine but everywhere i come up with seems to be either too far out of reach or in the way.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:08 AM
Trunk is another possible option. Farthest point away from the engine but you will still have time to pop the trunk as you are getting out id think and grab it.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:23 AM
I think I will be mounting mine on the hump behind the console. This way if I was to have someone in the back seat it wont be under there feet.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:48 AM
Brad I feel you on trying to find a rust free car I drove 8 hours to get my new one and settled on an auto car because I have all the swap parts I figured it was worth the body. After much unmolesting and throwing my mound of parts at it it's almost respectable enough to make a build thread. But I digress I was looking as far as floria for a clean rust free ld9 car and shipping is actually pretty cheap.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:11 AM
why not just build a fire extinguishing system under the hood?
You could have multiple nozzles and segregated systems all filled with different extinguishing agents for different class fires.
Then the sensors would detect the type of fire, release the agents, and it would be almost instantaneously extinguished.

you guys are making it so damn difficult...with all this 'mounting an extinguisher' babble...my idea is so much simpler

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:17 AM
But the cost is about 1k if not more
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:23 PM
blu04DD wrote:why not just build a fire extinguishing system under the hood?
You could have multiple nozzles and segregated systems all filled with different extinguishing agents for different class fires.
Then the sensors would detect the type of fire, release the agents, and it would be almost instantaneously extinguished.

you guys are making it so damn difficult...with all this 'mounting an extinguisher' babble...my idea is so much simpler

your way is simpler?

I can mount one bottle and that is hard?

yeah ok.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:17 AM
*insert face palm

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:00 AM
like i said, ill be doing a system like that on the car i REALLY care about lol. and vince showed me a system from summit thats like 350 bucks.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:12 AM
I heard Eco's are less prone to spontaneously combust...just sayin....

*too soon?

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:33 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:

your way is simpler?

yeah ok.

John I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:01 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:

your way is simpler?

yeah ok.

John I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

-Chris-

maybe, or maybe nothing about that post was sarcasm.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:59 AM
no, trust me chris... his sarcasm meter is broken for sure.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:49 AM
yeah, I mean why would you go through hours of laborous design and installation and bundles of cash implementing it when you could simply screw in two bolts and be done?

I must now retract my previous statement....imagine the embarrassment i feel right now!

Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:48 PM
He sucks at teh sarcasm.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search