NOT the best friday ever! :( - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NOT the best friday ever! :(
Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:54 PM
Well my ratchet strap gave out omw to work friday and scared the @!#$ outta me heres the after math busted windshild and two dints in my roof but ona good note found the hood i wanted for cheap going to get it tomorrow check pics and you can see my lights i did too cut them open and painted them black

I Love My J ♡

Re: NOT the best friday ever! :(
Saturday, October 05, 2013 4:25 PM
why was the hood being held down with straps?.... problem found. lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, October 05, 2013 4:56 PM
blu04DD wrote:why was the hood being held down with straps?.... problem found. lol

Agree. Looks like numbers on side window like you have been at the track. If you have with the hood held down by a strap, then WOW.

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:07 PM
yeah from the looks of the picture, he's missing the whole latch assembly. But shouldn't be sportin it as much as possible until that's one. I have a hood latch AND two hood pins because I was worried my CF hood would do just that...I guess lesson learned. And you can pick up latch setups for almost nothing at any pick n pull or online, check Rockauto.com or something

Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:38 PM
Car was wrecked when i got it and the latch and center support the latch bolts on was hammerd i just been lazy and havnt fix that part yet and well as you can see i paid for it so yesh lesson learned went to junk yard today and got a set of hinges and a latch and i fixed my center support so now the new hood will latch proporly. Yeah ona side note looking back the track trip pry wasnt a good idea with a strapped down hood but oh well @!#$ happens

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:57 PM
removes radiator support brace with hood latch...

hood flies up and wonders why.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Saturday, October 05, 2013 6:04 PM
It was smashed when i got car lol had no choice but to pull it out for temporary so i had a way to hold the hood down till i got the parts but i got lazy and the strap was getting the job done so i got complacent and well yes the rachet mech. Failed and hood flew up so i paid for not buying a hood sooner and replacing broken parts that needed replaced im supprised it flew up but it sucks cuz i was fixing it this weekend anyway

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:08 PM
...wow...

Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:32 PM
I had a friend this happened to with a carbon hood told him let me put in the hood pins no it will be fine he says hit 60 didn't give him a second to think before pow saw it happen in my rear view lol
Sunday, October 13, 2013 2:13 AM
I didn't chance my cf hood for a second..it would try to lift at like 50mph. So I put in a nice set of hood pins. People sometimes ask me why I did it to look like a racecar then they see the hood popped and understand everything ive done to my car is fully functional and has a performance purpose. Cant lie, the hood pin look is kind of nice though

but yeah lesson learned. that should be a mistake you wont regret twice..i hope!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:35 PM
Uh Oh.. Spaghettios

Did you say my car looks slow??

Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:32 AM
wait a tick! Now I know what people mean when they say 'smh'.....

Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:07 PM
LMAO, why would you share this with the internet?

Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:59 AM
Well that is certainly something there. Id definitely bolt it down a lot more next time. Also those ss hoods look good. Got one I haven't put on yet
Monday, October 28, 2013 7:22 AM
Well we all make mistakes and i figured why not share and let somebody get humor outta it right? But heres what she looks like now

I Love My J ♡
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search