Picked up another J - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Picked up another J
Sunday, November 24, 2013 12:00 PM
WHITECAVY is no more sadly. For those who doesn't know the story of what went wrong HERE is the link to my previous thread. At that point I was so done.

Picked up this 2002 manual Z yesterday, drove an hour to check it out and get title and the dude even towed it to my house for me. Win win situation if you ask me. Picked it up for 700. Engine threw a rod. Head was rebuilt 4k miles ago and clutch has 2k on it. Don't matter to me because im not using none of that crap. WHITECAY's heart is going in this bad boy.

I just got done ripping out the nasty tan interior and will replace it with my graphite.

Plans for this one is getting it up and running then work on cosmetics. Just looking for a nice turbo car to drive.

Pics aren't the best as I didn't really get good pics while the car was on the trailor

This will be a PROJECT, so i am not giving a timetable on it.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Re: Picked up another J
Sunday, November 24, 2013 1:26 PM
Glad to see you getting back into it! I'll have to check out this new project the next time I'm in the area.

Sunday, November 24, 2013 3:15 PM
I like this a lot. I am very sad to see the white car go as I liked it's looks but glad your staying in the LD9 game.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:06 PM
Sad to see the white die, but Im really happy to see your giving the project life by swapping everything over to a new car.

Monday, November 25, 2013 2:28 AM

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Monday, November 25, 2013 5:07 AM
Thanks guys, so apparently my response didnt post yesterday lol.

Nic hit me up when your in town.

Yea im bummbed about the white car, Ive had it since 98 But I guess you gotta move on some time or another from most things in life.

Im glad im sticking with it as well, Im not in the time of my life to finance a car at the moment to do a v8 build so ill be sticking with this

Updates will soon come.

306 TQ
Monday, November 25, 2013 10:27 AM
Glad to see you got another david!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:40 AM
Glad you hopefully get to see that motor perform once you get it swapped in! Glad to see you hold out and finish it. Im in the same boat! We still need to line them up! Been saying that for years!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:59 PM
hahaha ill say it again... I HATE YOU.

you know how i feel. im so glad you arent giving up and going forward with your dream. you know this bitch is gonna hit 500whp dont you?

i see the driver fender is in disrepair... i have just the fender for you to use as a replacement, sir. 9.5/10 in quality. machine polished and three stage hand sealed/waxed by yours truly. its a gorgeous piece. i bought it with intentions on putting it on my silver z, but you know what happened there. id absolutely be tickled to see it go to someone that would appreciate it as much as i would have.

also, to get that dent out of the trunk try popping the lock out, put it in backwards and slightly pull on it. might just do the trick and pop that sucker!

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:13 AM
Thanks Mike.

Vince yea we have been saying that forever huh lol.

Brad thanks,, we talked about the fender. I will work on that trunk asap. I can not decide between using that stock trunk or my CF trunk. I love em both.

306 TQ
Thursday, November 28, 2013 4:32 PM
Glad to see you picked up another Cav. I am thinking about doing the same thing, but I have 72k on the body of mine and doubt I will find another 2000-2002 with similar miles. As with the WhiteCav, I will stop over to lend a hand anytime I am in Columbus

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren

Thursday, November 28, 2013 5:27 PM
Thanks J, yea I didnt know thats all you had on your cav now. I tell you what man, this route is so much easier and I wish I did this the first time around when doing the manual swap. I dont have to mess with any wires at all except the engine harness to install my injector harness. Many less headaches with this project.

Yep hit me up any time youll be on town, if its this winter bring your overalls LOL. Ill have plenty of work to do. ha

306 TQ
Friday, November 29, 2013 12:52 PM
Awesome! Congrats man! Looking forward to see the progress on this.

And i understand what you mean about the trunks, i have a carbon fiber trunk.....a spare Z24 spoiler.....and no stock trunk. Ive been tempted to put them together but i dont want to drill holes in my cf trunk. Off to the JY!

GMR has got nothing on this
Saturday, November 30, 2013 4:52 PM
I think I would like seeing a z spoiler on a cf trunk but lots of risk
Saturday, January 04, 2014 11:09 PM
Any updates?

Sunday, January 05, 2014 5:16 PM
Nic, I have the whole front end apart waiting for me to work on the engine bay. I wanted to spray the whole thing but I do not think budget will allow. So I may just do some touch up here and there.

in the mean time i have some parts I have to drop off to get powder coated so it will be a while for sure before I turn the key.

I also need a complete 2k graphite dash assembly, then I can finish the interior.

306 TQ
Wednesday, April 02, 2014 6:48 PM
HI

Still plugging away at the car. After disassembly of the body parts I found some bad news. Many of you saw the bent front left frame I posted on FB a few months ago. Then I found freaking a lot of rust in the back of the car underneath, on the frame. If I would of seen this while buying the car then I would of passed on it. Anyway my buddy has about 13 hours in the back rust repair alone. To save some money, I went over to the shop today to paint on some POR 15 rust encapsulator. Turned out great. I need to replace the drivers side door because it is too far gone inside on the bottom. Fun right??

Next is to straighten the left front frame out, then im getting custom made SS front brake lines.

Here is the ginormous hole, to save time, each side looked exactly the same.

Right rear

Right rear

Left rear

Left rear coated

Right rear

Complete rear shot. Here you see the rear impact bar rusty, that will get coated as well when I get the car back home and take the rear bumper off.

So, im still chugging away. Will be slow so i can get the body taken care of. Then I can drop the beast in the bay and get to rollin.

306 TQ
Thursday, April 03, 2014 6:55 AM
awesome

Thursday, April 03, 2014 7:04 AM
Glad to hear man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:02 AM
damn man hate to say it but wasn't the white one rust free?

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:07 AM
Nice work. I'm sure the car will be sweet.

Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:37 AM
Por 15 is the @!#$!! Been using it for years. Bur damn $45 a quart sucks! Get what you pay for tho!!! Nice work man!

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, April 03, 2014 8:29 PM
Brad yea the white cav was rust free, but that didn't matter and didn't matter because my trans mounts were crooked and the phantom wiring problems that I had with the car.

That being said, whitecavy long gone and im over it lol.

Por 15 IS the @!#$ yes, I still have lots of it left and plan on coating the rear trailing arm and part of the front frame rails probably.

Thanks fellas. More pics to come

306 TQ
Friday, April 04, 2014 1:44 AM
If you feel like making the drive. Leona's completely rust free doors are sitting in Chris' garage

Sunday, February 08, 2015 6:34 AM
So a year and a half later im getting around to update this. Ive posted these pictures on my FB page but Ill keep this updated for the non FB er's.

Engine is now in the car ready to get buttoned up but I still need a few odds and ends before its done. The color you see is Candy Purple. Ill have some other purple items to complement the whole engine compartment when all said and done.

Thanks

306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search