back in a j but not what you think - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
back in a j but not what you think
Saturday, November 30, 2013 6:29 PM
well I've been away from the j-body scene since 2010 when I decided to part out and sell my 2001 cavalier sedan for a jeep. after driving three non j-body's. my current daily is a gmc canyon. I just recently picked up a 1998 Chevy cavalier coupe, but its not what you think.

I'm a big fan of dirt oval track racing and have many friends who race j-body's in are outlaw compact class. So, I decided to get into it my self. I went out to Chilton, wi to their fall invitational 53 j-body's in count for are class on a Friday. then the following Saturday I went to see the car race and I told my self if it does good to my expectations ill consider it. well it got third in the heat and ran like a champ. after the race I made a deal.

here's the car in the pits

here it is on the track

went to pick it up about a week and a half later in onidea, wi and when we got their I got more then expected

what all came with it:
18 tires with and without rims
one spare low milage motor(no trans)
2 sets of fenders
1 front bumper
1 rear bumper
2 full doors not gutted
1 hub
1 brake drum
1 one complete steering rack
and much more

here's the car with doors on the trailer. had to use my dads ford f150 to pick up everything. we made it all in one trip only doing 55 all the way home due to the hitch being less then a inch off the ground. takes one hour to get from where the car was in onidea back to my town in Sheboygan.

the cars currently stored for winter then the tear down and rebuild begins in feburary. I will be a rookie next year and am looking forward to it.

WI Vehicle A/C Certified Tech

Re: back in a j but not what you think
Sunday, December 01, 2013 5:57 AM
get some video's of you on the track once the season starts, looks like it would be fun.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Monday, December 02, 2013 2:01 PM
Cavalier Thompson wrote:get some video's of you on the track once the season starts, looks like it would be fun.

planning on it. I'm going to be mounting a go pro on the inside of the car. id like to get one or two more go pros eventually for different views. I do have some videos of my class racing I took from the grand stands this year. I plan on getting a walk around video of the car with it running once its out of storage.

Thursday, May 08, 2014 8:21 PM
should of updated this sooner but the cars complete and tested it this past Tuesday. here's the pics through the build.

before tear down

front end and doors removed besides hood

new stuff almost completely on

sanding for paint

moved over for paint in garage

paint going on car

all done ready for graphics

graphics on

car and my truck before practice

hooked up

first time on the track photo taken my RC Custom Design in Fredonia, WI

Friday, May 09, 2014 4:32 AM
Very cool, back when I was younger my cousins and I raced a fully caged, modified camaro that my uncle built in the "mid sized modified class" at the local dirt track.
Thing I loved about that series is you didn't have to have a license to drive, only had to be old enough to get a learners permit. It was a real proving ground for those of us who grew up around dirt track racing, we got to show what we were made of before we had ever built or raced our first street car. Good memories for sure.

Good luck out there, and remember rubbing is racing my friend, because the other guys won't forget.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search