My 03' Sedan and 04' Coupe Sunfires - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My 03' Sedan and 04' Coupe Sunfires
Monday, December 30, 2013 3:32 PM
Well,

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. -Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman (Founder of Lotus)

May not be much but it makes a difference For the radio, I never listen to music in the sedan anyway.

For the moment it's at stock power level, but somewhere in the future there's going to be more. Not sure yet if it's gonna be supercharged or n/a.

For what I'm doing, the stock power is almost enough, I never go on the strip. I'm not a fan of straight roads. I like the twisties way more. That's why I built my car from the bottom up: full suspension, wheels/tires, brakes. Next will be a good clutch/flywheel, then some full bucket seats and a cage, and only then I'm going to add some power to the engine. That's just my thinking of how to build a car. Add horsepower when all the rest can handle the added power.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:59 AM
Love the sedan overall, tis sweet.
The coupe I'm not feeling as much, 2 doors are so much sleeker looking than the sedans and look better with a more "street" style, also because you got the functional offroad-ish style on the sedan.

Regardless of my taste differing, your owning your decisions, respect.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:19 AM
Looking good on both fronts, keep it up! Enjoying the Road Racing/Track priorities.

Monday, July 14, 2014 6:56 AM
Any updates?

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:40 PM
Unfortunately, there's not much going on. Just bought a house so I got priorities elsewhere. But I still got alot of plans for the sedan in the future, probably going to work on it more this winter. Now I have a better garage to work on it too (heated).

So basically here are a few pics of the cars to this date and some minor mods I did.

Tagged the switches on both the beater and the sedan.

Had to change the spot lights on the beater because the lens broke, so I went with a set of Hella 500 on this one too.

I went on a little road trip with some friends this May. First time I crossed the border with my car (I'm from Canada). We did a few houndred km in Maine and Vermont.

Here's the new garage with the Sedan taking a peek out of it.

Now, the only real upgrade I did to the Sedan is the 16''s I finally installed back on, which have way softer rubber than the Nitto Neogen I have one the 17''s. Those Yokohama A048 are freakin' amazing. The grip is unbelievable and they give awesome response.

That pretty much sums it up. I am just hoping this winter I'll be able to put some money on the car.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:18 PM
Cool stuff. I love those cav Ls rims especially with the black color I hope I can find a set sometime soon. Every time I look at your car though I can't help but wonder what it would look like with a spoiler.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:22 PM
Looks great man, I love your style. Keep doing your thing!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:26 PM
For the spoiler I got something on my mind. I want to build a custom ducktail out of aluminium, painted black. It would be way more for functionality than looks, but I think it would look badass. But before that I want to build a custom front splitter, again out of an aluminium sheet.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:15 PM
How would it be for functionality? Everything I've seen about spoilers on fwd cars is that they don't help any. It does should like it'll be pretty cool though. Will it be anything like the ducktail truck thread that's going on now?

Friday, July 18, 2014 8:09 AM
Why do people think spoilers actually perform a function at any speed you can do on the road?

Friday, July 18, 2014 11:01 AM
I believe he's talking about a similar style spoiler to what I plan on for my sedan. Think older nascar. They are popular with the autox crowd as they do provide downforce at lower speeds. The trade off is increased drag.

Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:09 AM
strat81 wrote:I believe he's talking about a similar style spoiler to what I plan on for my sedan. Think older nascar. They are popular with the autox crowd as they do provide downforce at lower speeds. The trade off is increased drag.

That's exaclty what I have in mind.

Saturday, July 19, 2014 5:57 AM
So something like this then?

Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:25 PM
Yep!

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:25 AM
backpacker3 wrote:Everything I've seen about spoilers on fwd cars is that they don't help any.
I'm curious as to what "everything I've seen about spoilers" is...If anything, FWD cars would need more downforce in the rear because they're a little lighter without the rear diff/axle components, and when cornering at higher speeds, you want all the pressure you can get on the tires to keep them from breaking free. My point was that most spoilers don't actually do anything at lower speeds (I still even question the style that was just posted, although I generally trust Strat's knowledge on the subject) because there is not enough airflow hitting them to actually give downforce.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:29 AM
I just meant all the things I've read about spoilers and different things I've read or watched about aerodynamics normally say that they don't help enough on the corners to make up for he added drag that slows you down on the straights.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search