oh you though i was gone... - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: oh you though i was gone...
Saturday, November 28, 2015 3:22 AM
Im loving how this car is coming along

Saturday, November 28, 2015 10:03 PM
I like that hood. What brand is that? Are those 3 vents custom?

ReD RaiN
Monday, November 30, 2015 10:44 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:Im loving how this car is coming along

thanks man, she's come a long ways so far!

T!M8!T wrote:I like that hood. What brand is that? Are those 3 vents custom?

the riveted tag under the hood says it's made by Body Armor, I call it the SS3 hood(inside joke with the original owner)

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Monday, November 30, 2015 10:50 AM
update!!!!!!!!!

got the head in (came with upgraded valve train and comp turbo cams ) and started test mounting intake and exhaust manifolds.

I also ordered in some new stuff and snagged something from mike roof

Thursday, December 03, 2015 2:28 PM
Looks like a no lift shift/ 2 step?

Friday, December 04, 2015 6:27 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Looks like a no lift shift/ 2 step?

yes sir! gonna see what it can do for my build once thing are going.

Monday, January 18, 2016 1:33 PM
so a pretty good update, I got the motor/ short block back:

then I put the head studs in and the lsj head gasket on:

on goes the head!

then in went the water pump, timing guides, and timing chains with updated tensioners and machined timing guide:

and now I am only waiting on my hardened oil pump gear to be shipped to me!

Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:14 AM
Very cool.

What turbo are you going to run?

Thursday, January 21, 2016 8:32 AM
I am planning to run a precision turbo but I haven't decided yet on which one for sure. lol

Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:31 AM
What are your power goals? I dd my cav still I got a 5431 sitting on my shelf for my eco eventually

Thursday, January 21, 2016 12:37 PM
JUCNBST wrote:What are your power goals? I dd my cav still I got a 5431 sitting on my shelf for my eco eventually

well since I sleeved the motor and went forged I was thinking 300-400 or more in the future.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:53 AM
sorry guys nothing new to really talk about...

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:28 PM
Whats the size of that intercooler? I recently picked up a import fighter kit and I'm looking for an intercooler to fill up that cutout.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:44 AM
ill have to get back to you on that to get exact measurements but I know from mount point to mount point on the side it was 35 inches when I was measuring how much to take out. I snagged this one off The Reaper part out and it had fit perfect with his IF front.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 9:32 AM
It's funny you say that because I'm the guy that bought the IF kit off the reaper lol
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:45 AM
Austin Stilwell wrote:It's funny you say that because I'm the guy that bought the IF kit off the reaper lol

that's awesome! him and spencer are the reason I went with the IF front for this build!
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:03 PM
Austin Stilwell wrote:It's funny you say that because I'm the guy that bought the IF kit off the reaper lol

That use to be my bumper/car. lol

My Dad and I are getting the hood and trunk off the Reaper to hang up.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:19 PM
I've always thought the IF was one of the best looking kits for the cav and my crappy fiberglass kit is going to need some attention this summer any ways so I figured I better take advantage of an amazing opportunity. Addicted, I wasn't on the forum yet when it was still your car but I have read up on the car and seen all it's progress from what you did to when it was sold. I'm just glad to get to own a piece of it! Well, a couple of pieces.
Friday, February 19, 2016 2:19 PM
Austin Stilwell wrote:I've always thought the IF was one of the best looking kits for the cav and my crappy fiberglass kit is going to need some attention this summer any ways so I figured I better take advantage of an amazing opportunity. Addicted, I wasn't on the forum yet when it was still your car but I have read up on the car and seen all it's progress from what you did to when it was sold. I'm just glad to get to own a piece of it! Well, a couple of pieces.

When I first got into J's many years ago, I looked up to the Reaper it was the car back then. And the original owner (Jim Trevino) had a website that had how to's for j's. This was before we had the org.

Wow I'm old.

FU Tuning

Friday, February 19, 2016 2:37 PM
wow this project has come so far, nice job man! im lookin forward to seein it run too!

i've got plans for mine, just not funds :/ usual problem i suppose. for me atleast lol
Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:46 AM
chris meyers wrote:wow this project has come so far, nice job man! im lookin forward to seein it run too!

i've got plans for mine, just not funds :/ usual problem i suppose. for me atleast lol

thanks man, yes she has come a lot ways from where I got her, speaking of which, here's an update!

got some goodies in and finally got the team green lsd insert put in and mated the trans to the motor...here's the results!

she still needs some more loving long before I even get to crank her but she's come very far in just the last few weeks!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:03 PM
Well the day came and went less than a month ago. she cranked after finding out the brand new racetronix fuel pump I put in failed and burnt up, threw the old stock one back in, put some new fresh gas in the tank and she fired right up and idles beautifully! The last week up to today I have been getting insurance, registration and inspection done so she is now street legal and ready to turn some heads as the work continues on!
Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:38 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Austin Stilwell wrote:I've always thought the IF was one of the best looking kits for the cav and my crappy fiberglass kit is going to need some attention this summer any ways so I figured I better take advantage of an amazing opportunity. Addicted, I wasn't on the forum yet when it was still your car but I have read up on the car and seen all it's progress from what you did to when it was sold. I'm just glad to get to own a piece of it! Well, a couple of pieces.

When I first got into J's many years ago, I looked up to the Reaper it was the car back then. And the original owner (Jim Trevino) had a website that had how to's for j's. This was before we had the org.

Wow I'm old.

I am in the same boat as you John. I remember Reaper's website ( I think I have a print out of one of his pages too ), Z24.com, bradiscool.com. That is back when dial up was fast, LOL!!

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search