my cav - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: my cav
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:47 PM
Got my new trunk on. Easier than i thought.

Old trunk. Gross keyhole and old outline from chevy badge






New shaved keyhole trunk and no badges. Mmmmmm. Bumper looks a different colour because its really dirty






And my ghetto backup manual trunk opener that i can get from the inside when i fold down the backseats



Re: my cav
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:48 PM
and i also fixed the gap between the trunk and bumper
Re: my cav
Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:47 AM
I like my trunks like I like my women, shaved.

Looks good bud.



Re: my cav
Friday, May 16, 2014 2:52 PM
Decided to throw on my toyota tails. Wiring nice and easy. I had a few different variations i could have chosen. I chose the 00-02 inners, non toyo, and the black outlined outers. Heres pictures












Re: my cav
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 10:15 AM
I'm liking where this is going, and missing my 01 Sedan. My plans were exactly how yours was right before the WW front lip. I really like the 02 LSS front with the 03-05 sides and rear.


The tails look great. I'm usually not a fan of the 00-02 Toyos, but the black makes them so much better.





Re: my cav
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:22 PM
Got some new axles and my new control arms with poly bushings in. Ride feels much more solid in the front and have no more binding/creaking from my axles. Although i still have a bit of a shake but i believe its the lower wishbone engine mount since i smacked it off some railroad tracks going 80 last year. I will throw my poly mount in soon lol Pictures:












This is what happened when i hit said railway tracks.at night. Buddy behind me got a full sparking. he was riding my ass, then he backed off when sparks flew. oh well.







Also got these 10mm spacers in. My other ones were way too big! I had 1" ones on my old cav with my z'ed rims on and they fit fine. but i forgot the gtz rims are 1" wider than the z24 rims. So these new spacers should do the trick.


Re: my cav
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:50 PM
Nice sedan!



Re: my cav
Sunday, July 06, 2014 5:04 PM
small update.

got my power mirrors painted and put on. Nice and easy since the wiring harness was already there








and two pictures for fun. Not my house though







now my door handles are next. And im planning on removing the side moldings. I just hope i dont peel paint or its not a big colour difference.
Re: my cav
Monday, July 07, 2014 7:10 AM
looking awesome





Re: my cav
Monday, July 07, 2014 6:36 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:

I'm liking where this is going, and missing my 01 Sedan. My plans were exactly how yours was right before the WW front lip. I really like the 02 LSS front with the 03-05 sides and rear.


The tails look great. I'm usually not a fan of the 00-02 Toyos, but the black makes them so much better.


yea im pretty happy that i chose to get them outlined, makes them look much better
Re: my cav
Monday, July 07, 2014 6:47 PM
door handles on





Re: my cav
Saturday, July 12, 2014 3:25 PM
removed the side moldings today. Was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Still have to do more polishing on the doors. All in all i was at it for about 2 1\2 hours. Most of it removing the old adhesive. Here's pics.












Re: my cav
Saturday, July 12, 2014 3:28 PM
Nice man. 4 doors always look better without the moldings.



"In Oldskool we trust"
Re: my cav
Sunday, July 13, 2014 5:46 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:

Nice man. 4 doors always look better without the moldings.


I agree. I dont mind them on the 2 doors, but the 4 doors im not a fan of them on
Re: my cav
Saturday, July 19, 2014 7:26 PM
Update. FIrst things first, had some fun getting stuck at the entrance of my Omas cottage driveway



ok so i had my new tires put on the front. Not a big deal, theyre 205 50 16's

I got my arp extended lug bolts on, put on my 10mm spacers and my camber shims. Shims didnt add much but oh well.







Next i got a bunch of interior pieces and front seats that are not gross beige. I still need rear seats and probably the carpet

















All my old pieces.




Some pictures for fun again








next i want to drop the back a bit because my new front tires dropped the car a little less than half an inch in the front.


sorry for all the pictures. well not really.
Re: my cav
Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:15 PM
Jake Wingett wrote:

removed the side moldings today. Was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Still have to do more polishing on the doors. All in all i was at it for about 2 1\2 hours. Most of it removing the old adhesive. Here's pics.













How did you get off the adhesive? I took my side moldings off and goo gone is not working.
Re: my cav
Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:34 PM
OnEBaDAzZz24 wrote:

Jake Wingett wrote:

removed the side moldings today. Was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Still have to do more polishing on the doors. All in all i was at it for about 2 1\2 hours. Most of it removing the old adhesive. Here's pics.













How did you get off the adhesive? I took my side moldings off and goo gone is not working.



I used wd40, although goo gone should work I just didn't have any. my fingernails and a small plastic scraper to scrape the adhesive off. Just takes a long time to get it all off
Re: my cav
Sunday, July 20, 2014 7:47 PM
If you were closer I'd offer you the carpet out of my sedan...

Car is looking good.



Re: my cav
Monday, July 21, 2014 3:51 AM
strat81 wrote:

If you were closer I'd offer you the carpet out of my sedan...

Car is looking good.


Oh man I wish. I'm sure it's in a lot better shape than ones I've looked at! And thank you!
Re: my cav
Monday, July 21, 2014 4:19 AM
That front WW lip and the 03-05 rear and sides look great together.






Re: my cav
Monday, July 21, 2014 10:11 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:

That front WW lip and the 03-05 rear and sides look great together.



Thanks man. I was actually throwing around the idea of getting IF sides, but I'm not sure it'll line up as well as the sides on now

Re: my cav
Monday, July 21, 2014 5:00 PM
I opted for the IF sides instead of the 03+ sides on my old car and they do sit a bit lower. its not that noticeable though.








Re: my cav
Monday, July 21, 2014 7:13 PM
homieJ wrote:

I opted for the IF sides instead of the 03+ sides on my old car and they do sit a bit lower. its not that noticeable though.

Yea they don't seem off. Either IF or RK sport sides. I'd have to see both in person or do a test fit of each to fully make my decision if I were to do it
Re: my cav
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:10 AM
Jake Wingett wrote:

Yea they don't seem off. Either IF or RK sport sides. I'd have to see both in person or do a test fit of each to fully make my decision if I were to do it
LOL. IF sides are RK Sport.





Re: my cav
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:02 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:

Jake Wingett wrote:

Yea they don't seem off. Either IF or RK sport sides. I'd have to see both in person or do a test fit of each to fully make my decision if I were to do it
LOL. IF sides are RK Sport.





Lol are they really? I had no idea, now I feel like an idiot comparing the two hahahahah
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search