Tink in 2014 - The last year of upgrades. - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tink in 2014 - The last year of upgrades.
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:38 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:It is very possible that the title of this thread is a lie...

Better?

I have a few more things to look into and if they work out this could be a pretty epic year for the 03 and supercharged cavaliers in general.

Let's talk?

That sounds enticing, so talk about it here please....
Because this may be the year I stop saying, "I'm gonna be able to pick up a shell and swap in my motor and M62 setup.", and just do it. LMAO.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:09 AM
Well as of now the plan is to drop the L61 bottom end off at the end of March to have it re-sleeved(ductile iron stock replacements) and have the Eagle crank and rods and Weisco 10:1cr pistons installed. That leaves me to find a place to port my LK9 head(I would prefer CNC, but I don't know what happened to M2Race) and have the +.5mm valves installed. I think I have decided on ZZP's "Stage 3" supercharged cams for the LSJ and hopefully I can use my adjustable cam gears to bring the redline down to 7000-7500ish rpm range. I still need to get my spare LSJ manifold ported and might look into swapping the stock cores out for a solid bar and plate type setup in the manifold. And figure out exactly how to run the nitrous. I need to find a clutch too. Larger injectors... After all that is done, the only thing to hold me back from a TVS 1900 is $$$$$.

Short version. Fully built L61 with a 1320 TVS and nitrous. Possibly a fully built L61 with a 1900 TVS and alittle more nitrous.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:00 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I think I have decided on ZZP's "Stage 3" supercharged cams.

Apocalypse cams?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:46 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Well as of now the plan is to drop the L61 bottom end off at the end of March to have it re-sleeved(ductile iron stock replacements) and have the Eagle crank and rods and Weisco 10:1cr pistons installed. That leaves me to find a place to port my LK9 head(I would prefer CNC, but I don't know what happened to M2Race) and have the +.5mm valves installed. I think I have decided on ZZP's "Stage 3" supercharged cams for the LSJ and hopefully I can use my adjustable cam gears to bring the redline down to 7000-7500ish rpm range. I still need to get my spare LSJ manifold ported and might look into swapping the stock cores out for a solid bar and plate type setup in the manifold. And figure out exactly how to run the nitrous. I need to find a clutch too. Larger injectors... After all that is done, the only thing to hold me back from a TVS 1900 is $$$$$.

Short version. Fully built L61 with a 1320 TVS and nitrous. Possibly a fully built L61 with a 1900 TVS and alittle more nitrous.

That sounds badass.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:34 PM
Guess I need to star saving my $$ for that harrop

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:37 PM
strat81 wrote:Guess I need to star saving my $$ for that harrop

Race for it?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:41 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:

Race for it?

Autox?

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:47 PM
strat81 wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:

Race for it?

Autox?

2 of each and a tie breaker dyno run?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:04 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
strat81 wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:

Race for it?

Autox?

After I get my retune from Ryan

I've got a few tricks up my sleeve this year too Ya know.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:06 PM
strat81 wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:
strat81 wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:

Race for it?

Autox?

After I get my retune from Ryan

I've got a few tricks up my sleeve this year too Ya know.

I'll tune it. Timing = 0°

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:08 PM
I think I've only got 10* or so now as it is :p

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:09 PM
My condolences.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:14 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:My condolences.

Wouldn't need any more for the autox portion

Thursday, February 19, 2015 10:04 AM
Parts ordered. 2015 build thread coming soon.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 10:36 AM
Subscribed as i am also going to use the saab LK9 head on my L61 Block However im Turboed so it will be nice to see the other side of this type of setup also if your looking for Injectors I strongly stand behind the guys at Injector Connection If you mentioned you are a Jbody.org member they will take off an extra 30 bucks or at least they did for me on my #60's . BTW do you have the B107R or B107L head?
Saturday, February 21, 2015 9:42 AM
AJ Barter wrote:Subscribed as i am also going to use the saab LK9 head on my L61 Block However im Turboed so it will be nice to see the other side of this type of setup also if your looking for Injectors I strongly stand behind the guys at Injector Connection If you mentioned you are a Jbody.org member they will take off an extra 30 bucks or at least they did for me on my #60's . BTW do you have the B107R or B107L head?

Get the lsj head.
Saturday, February 21, 2015 9:48 AM
Philly D wrote:
AJ Barter wrote:Subscribed as i am also going to use the saab LK9 head on my L61 Block However im Turboed so it will be nice to see the other side of this type of setup also if your looking for Injectors I strongly stand behind the guys at Injector Connection If you mentioned you are a Jbody.org member they will take off an extra 30 bucks or at least they did for me on my #60's . BTW do you have the B107R or B107L head?

Get the lsj head.

He bought the whole motor with the head completely redone for 100 bucks. Plus he's turbo so it'll work for him.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, March 02, 2015 2:25 AM
A new body mod arrived. I hopefully be dropping it off this weekend for paint and carbon fiber.

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:03 AM
Cool beans.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:29 AM
The rest of my valves showed up and I got half of the body mod back from paint. I am still waiting for the other half to get finished with carbon fiber. I am unsure if I'll have the spare cash to get the engine done seeing as I had to pick up a new DD and I have been looking at houses again. Oh to be 10 years younger and only caring about cars and getting laid.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:55 AM
That damn, adulthood, ruins everything. I keep telling myself, I wanted a family, more than a fast car.... and I keep reminding myself, I was wrong. LOL

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 1:58 PM
Amen... Growing up is overrated.

Friday, March 27, 2015 4:50 AM
By a lot, but the good part is knowing someday soon I'll be turning wrench on a car I'm building with either of my 2 sons. And that makes it all worth while.
I just gotta get my fast car ready so they cant beat me with theirs. LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search