Project Helen - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Project Helen
Thursday, December 26, 2013 1:26 AM
Great upgrades and clean up for sure! Great numbers I would say too(without looking back at your specs). Overall clean car and it looks great. Are you planning on keeping the random green colors on the inside? Seats look great and nice to see you make your own brackets. Not a fan of headlight covers but thats from my own experience of younger days!

Congrats on the engagement as well! I know how that is! We also got my car in some wedding video's and pictures!

Just curious, but how come you tow that thing backwards? Only thing I can think of is since you have the quick fasteners, you pull the bumper off to get it on the trailer?

Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:12 AM
Thanks man! She has really come a long ways. And im really not sure for the interior yet, I've had a few ideas rolling around in my head. And for the trailer, putt8ng it on backwards keeps the weight off the tongue of the trailer and serves a MUCH better ride. I actually had to stop and move it back on the trailer on my way home because it was tongue heavy, a foot makes a huge difference.

Also any suggestions or ideas for the interior/bay would be appreciated.

Looking for +400whp in the next year

Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:56 AM
Like the car!
even down to the subtle hump on the hood!

Thursday, December 26, 2013 1:25 PM
Levi Weuve wrote:Thanks man! She has really come a long ways. And im really not sure for the interior yet, I've had a few ideas rolling around in my head. And for the trailer, putt8ng it on backwards keeps the weight off the tongue of the trailer and serves a MUCH better ride. I actually had to stop and move it back on the trailer on my way home because it was tongue heavy, a foot makes a huge difference.

Also any suggestions or ideas for the interior/bay would be appreciated.

Looking for +400whp in the next year

Id honestly say black, but im a subtle color kind of person... well except for the orange exterior. But Im a fan of hidden gauges and interior.

And how effing heavy is your car/trailer? Granted the one I pull my car on now is aluminum, I never had to put it on backwards. Not saying you are wrong at all,I was just curious! You know what works best for you.

With white exterior, you could polish a lot in the bay. But you really can go with nearly any color that looks good with white as long as its not super aggressive. Its all about spacing the color out and highlighting what you want seen with an accent color. and using a dark or neutral color to disguise some stuff.

for example, big orange valve cover for me, black fuel rail, fuel rail is semi hidden. Coolant tank and intake mani are gunmetal with flake, draws some attention but still hides the fuel rail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 26, 2013 1:26 PM

Thursday, December 26, 2013 1:54 PM
1fine89 wrote:Like the car!

Thanks man! The hump was originally to provide room for the turbo.

BuiltnBoosted- ive thought about black, thought about white...time will tell. And I like the idea of having everything in the bay a flat black. With some subtle color here and there....its god awful right now.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 1:56 PM
1fine89 wrote:Like the car!

Thanks man! The hump was originally to provide room for the turbo.

BuiltnBoosted- ive thought about black, thought about white...time will tell. And I like the idea of having everything in the bay a flat black. With some subtle color here and there....its god awful right now.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:15 PM
We are coming along here

Not done by any means, but coming along!

Attachments
2014-01-08 22.18.42.jpg (819k)
2014-01-08 22.18.54.jpg (1000k)

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:34 PM
Just had some parts come in..Also switching to E85. Yes thats right, and Ill be sure to let you know if burn up. IF. I have high confidence that It will work regardless of what people say, Stay TUNED.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:28 AM
I want more updates on the chocolate donuts, any mods?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:23 AM
Im excited to see e85 numbers!

You wont end up breaking is as long as you're careful and its tuned well. Only issue I had in a few thousand miles (21psi on LN2) was a warm start. It WONT start when warm after sitting without a little throttle. Cold start and drivability were like stock, except the car smells like whiskey .

Definitely recommend running a catch can though if you aren't (I didn't look through the whole build) cause a lot of moisture ends up in the crankcase from the e85.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Friday, February 21, 2014 6:49 AM
James, the donuts were finished off unfortunately so won't be installed :/

Matt Linke wrote:Im excited to see e85 numbers!

You wont end up breaking is as long as you're careful and its tuned well. Only issue I had in a few thousand miles (21psi on LN2) was a warm start. It WONT start when warm after sitting without a little throttle. Cold start and drivability were like stock, except the car smells like whiskey .

Definitely recommend running a catch can though if you aren't (I didn't look through the whole build) cause a lot of moisture ends up in the crankcase from the e85.

im excited to see them as well, however my injectors will be cut short shortly after 400whp. I plan on upgrading to 1000cc injectors and a 460 pump next year. Then it should be good for over 500

Friday, February 21, 2014 10:41 AM
Is it alpha N or map tuned right now?

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:06 AM
Matt Linke wrote:Is it alpha N or map tuned right now?

In all honesty, I don't know much about tuning. I wish I did lol.

Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:31 PM
Nothing wrong with that! There are too many people out there who claim to be very knowledgeable and really aren't.

Get it retuned on e85 already would ya? lol

Sunday, February 23, 2014 11:17 PM
Matt Linke wrote:Nothing wrong with that! There are too many people out there who claim to be very knowledgeable and really aren't.

Get it retuned on e85 already would ya? lol

I try to learn as much as I can. And have learned a TON in the almost two years ive had this car. I'm waiting for warmth so I can finish porting my head AND have to juggle wedding expenses lol

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:07 PM
HO HO HO

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:50 PM
ohhhh yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:56 PM
HO cams?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:37 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:ohhhh yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, just got to get the intake tower and cam modified!

Y3llowCav wrote:HO cams?

This VVVV

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:ohhhh yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:07 PM
Im jelous :/ lol i want cams!!! Been meaning to go pull a set but pick n pulls a hour drive one way

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:24 AM
Thats not a bad drive. Especially that you can probably pick them up pretty cheap!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:21 PM
Just letting you guys know I'm still alive and there is some new ideas coming to the plate. Pictures should be soon.

Sunday, June 15, 2014 8:04 AM
Im ready for updates man!!!! I need a trans now so im saving for that right now. Lost my job and said @!#$ it, started my own bussiness witch is going slow but going, so ive been hoarding money like crazy. Plus were getting ready to buy a house :-) so when all thats done ima go to all the yards around here and hunt down some h.o. cams, maybe get lucky and find a set of w41s lol give us updates man!!!!!!

I Love My J ♡
Friday, December 05, 2014 7:49 PM
What's the thoughts on my new hood??
Attachments
IMG_20141101_215550.jpg (1674k)

Monday, December 29, 2014 4:49 PM
Looks good!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search