Evilution in 2014 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Evilution in 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014 4:58 AM
Decided to share the new mods for the year...

Started the day off like so

Uh ohs, I think something fell out of the car

I call this the "de-mod" mod

Here's how we left her Saturday night, pretty much down to bare bones. If you haven't guess/known, I am now parting out. No one bit on selling the car as a whole, so once I found someone interested in the leftover shell/roller, I pulled the trigger on parting out and this past weekend was her last days as a complete car.

Fortunately, the motor is going to good use and is being scooped up by another ORG member to transplant into their build. Supercharger kit is still needing a home if someone is interested

Also in the process, we figured out the key to that perfect stance everyone is always after...just remove everything from the front end, and presto, instant super 4x4

(coilovers are still on rear, haven't had a chance to swap in stocks yet).

And here is how she sits, waiting for her new owner to pick her up

And of course, a few pics of her former glory

And some previous phases:

It's been a fun ride, but was just time to move on. I picked up a '78 Corvette back in September to restore and LS Swap, and haven't really had a chance to even touch it yet. I unfortunately don't have time or room for two ongoing projects, so one had to go. I'll still be around though, still have my '04 sedan as a daily, and for some reason I can't seem to keep j-bodies out of my garage...seems to always be one here being worked on. Next on my list is an ORG member's 'vert that needs some lovin, and who knows from there.

Re: Evilution in 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014 5:15 AM
Sad day but at least almost all of her is going to be reincarnated other places.

EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:Next on my list is an ORG member's 'vert that needs some lovin, and who knows from there.

YES!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, March 10, 2014 5:54 AM
Who's vert?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 10, 2014 9:01 AM
do you have pics of the supercharger kit and how much do you want PM me please!!
Monday, March 10, 2014 3:11 PM
Do I know this vert? haha

Monday, March 10, 2014 6:01 PM
AJ Barter wrote:do you have pics of the supercharger kit and how much do you want PM me please!!

PMing you know

Mike and Cory - the vert belongs to a local KGM'er, Jay...I believe his name on here is NerdsMcGee (used to have a blue 03+ fire). I don't think he checks in here too often though

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:16 PM
atleast the parts aren't going to waste!

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:51 AM
I refuse to see the optimism, well other than an LS swapped classic Vette worth of optimism, LOL, but none the less, its a sad affair seeing this car reduced to a roller Matt, wish my car budget would of allowed for picking up the entire car when you first offered it.

Anyways, stop slapping hammies with KGM, and get to f-ing work on the vette already.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:56 AM
Scorpio1 (James K.) wrote:Anyways, stop slapping hammies with KGM, and get to f-ing work on the vette already.

There's always time for this in KGM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:00 AM
Touche, some may argue its even necessary if any work is gonna get done.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:34 PM
Scorpio1 (James K.) wrote:I refuse to see the optimism, well other than an LS swapped classic Vette worth of optimism, LOL, but none the less, its a sad affair seeing this car reduced to a roller Matt, wish my car budget would of allowed for picking up the entire car when you first offered it.

Anyways, stop slapping hammies with KGM, and get to f-ing work on the vette already.

Lol, yea kinda a sad sight, but it really needed to go. I came to the realization that the car will never fully meet my expectations and I'll be continually be throwing more and more money at it to keep going to the next level. Even the LK9 swap was only a temporary fix, by next year I had planned on a full motor build and TVS, then who knows from there. That and I'm so sick and tired of j-body pcms, haha.

The vette is happening slowly but surely. Just ordered new body mounts for it, as well as starting to piece together my motor. Now the real trick is finding a t56 that won't completely rape my budget, haha

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:25 AM
You know, Ive been thinking that for years, that I needed to "upgrade", but now that I'm hitting 30 years old in the next year my life outlook has changed, cheaper vehicles = more parts, and mods.
So for now, ,make mine J-body until I can afford a LSx car/ build.
And that's looking like a time frame for after my 2 money pits (kids) leave home in 8 to 10 years. LOL

I also may need to buy a new house before I go rwd/ lsx, would be smart to have a garage when I do.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 5:42 AM
One final pic for this thread...

New owner hauled her off yesterday morning. Time to start dumping my wallet into the 'vette now, haha.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:08 PM
Interested in details and price on the MSD setup if available.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:44 PM
Im vette shopping too

Sunday, March 16, 2014 5:56 PM
Roofy wrote:Interested in details and price on the MSD setup if available.

Coils are long gone, sorry man, Ran them with the LD9 harness/pcm swap, but went back to a L61 harness last year and sold them right away.

[quote="BuiltNBoosted]Im vette shopping too

Nice man, what generation?

Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:16 PM
C6 catches my eye heavily... if it happens it wont be until the wife gets promoted, i get my city job, and she gets the company car. Then I have a feeling my car will take massive changes...

Saturday, May 31, 2014 4:15 PM
What color did you use to paint that valve cover? The purple one on the sc motor?
Sunday, June 01, 2014 5:19 AM
I believe it's BMW Techno Violet color code 299

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search