Sleepin.... the built thread 01z24 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sleepin.... the built thread 01z24
Friday, March 28, 2014 6:10 PM
Figured i would compile all my spread out info into one spot with some pretty pictures :-o

A little history. Bought the car on june 16th 2013. $1100 wrecked with 121,000 miles on the clock. All the receipts for the cars whole life and the original paper work for purchase new and window sticker. After some pogo stick and hammer trickery and a set of junk yard head light assembly's this is how she looked.

Used it as a gas saver work car for awhile and started falling in love with the little thing ended up taking head lamps apart and painting them black and resealing them. I like the dark sinister look.

Brakes ended up giving me issues so a upgrade was due there as well slotted and drilled fit the bill.

Then one great day this happend on the way to work. Had too much faith in that damn ratchet strap :/ and yes i took it to the track with the hood straped down.... stupid i know. Only ran a16.15. Just couldn't get it off the line good and cat was a little plugged up. I found out at a later point the cat was gettin congested.

Soo since my hood was junk now. Not that it wasn't before. I went and picked up a class glass hood for $150 used.

Ran around for awhile planing what would be next. Then i spun a rod bearing :/ well i had this big bad ass build in mind. That was cut short by my time frame. I stayed standard bore. 2.3 oil pump swap. I modded pick up and ground face of pump and pan so it all fit in the stock pan. New crank .10 cross drilled and chamferd and balanced. And that sums up the excitement in that area unfourtionatly.

Main bearings with nice wear

Spun rod bearing #3. Surprised? If you look you can see both bearing halfs joined as one and my rod cap.

Heres the only pics of the build. Should have took way more. My girl friend helped tighten my main caps down :-)

Rebuild went good car ran great. Then for valentines day the best woman a man could ask for got me a great presant. :-)

All went well for awhile. Then i installed some prothane trans mounts. Lower motor mount and upper insert. A ralco rz short shifter and a hid kit. All that was amazing. Car started running weird. Had a random drop idle and stalling condition. Hooked up the snap varus at work and did a data display. All looked well except all mt sensors were flipping out as idle surged. Is due ended up being a clogged cat. So i figured it was about time to built my self an exhaust. And finally install my header. All 3inch with a thrush welded.all in all good sound but way to damn loud so in a few weeks ima throw a moroso sprial flow muffler on to act as a resonator.

Ill get some pictures up tomorrow of mounts and shifter installed. Next is ho manifold and cams and finally some damn body work!!!!

I Love My J ♡

Re: Sleepin.... the built thread 01z24
Friday, March 28, 2014 7:28 PM
I am so glad you got a build thread going on. Like to see whats going on with this beast. keep it up.
Tuesday, April 01, 2014 5:29 PM
Sorry this took so long but heres some up to date pictures i just took. Winter took a toll on the car as far as rust. Got to fix that soon and start body work. I need to get a new windshield as well but here you guys go!

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, April 02, 2014 3:29 AM
I never knew you lived in Ohio. Learn something new every day. lol

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, April 02, 2014 5:37 AM
Lol yeah out by marysville :-) in north lewisburg.

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, April 03, 2014 7:38 PM
More pics i found of goodies

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:52 PM
Update: been meaning to fix a exhaust leak that i believed to be between my header flange and head for awhile now. Well i was wrong. I picked up my ebay header awhile back (my soon to be wife got it for me on valentines day ) and it looked good. Got it on and had a huge exhaust leak, i mean massive. Well it has the tube for egr and i know my car doesnt, 2001. So i thought nothing of this issue because my car has no egr set up. Well the damn leak was exhaust coming out of that port casted in the head for the egr. :/ i feel soo stupid i cant even explain it. So here is a pic of the block off plate i made. Very very crude but hey built it in less than ten min on my lunch hour. Ill build a better one later out of aluminum. Just could not stand to here that noise anymore! Car sounds amazing now! Should be getting a exhaust vid up soon i just added a moroso spiral flow in my exhaust mid stream to quite it down and sounds amazing!!

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:49 PM
You must have used the wrong exhaust manifold gasket. The correct gasket would have blocked that

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:31 PM
Damn :/'i just used the one that came with my header. If i wasnt in such a rush to get it done when i did then i pry would have noticed. But hey i fixed it for now. Next time i have header off ill just change to correct gasket.

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:21 AM
heres a update for you guys finally a video!!!! took this today. I think its a good run from about 5-105 mph. car don't run to bad I think. let me know what you guys think.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Krd7SnO1ht0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:25 AM
try this one lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krd7SnO1ht0

here is another video of when I first put new engine in the car. still all stock. stock motor mounts, exhaust, shifter, just the 2.3 oil pump swap and the cross drilled crank exc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKF6YjxzTPE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:29 AM

I Love My J ♡

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:44 AM
Cool, your fairly close to me, Im in Columbus.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:25 PM
Nice! Its cool to keep finding out how meny other ohio members there are. It would be sweet to have some kind of meet or something.

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, August 02, 2014 7:37 AM
Sleepin got some new shoes getting a trans in this coming weekend as well! yokohama a520s 225/50/16 brand new but have been shaved. Have them on this week hopefully

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, August 02, 2014 7:43 AM
Sweet, wish I could run summer tires

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, August 02, 2014 7:53 AM
Hopefully i wont have to drive her again this winter. We been trying to buy a house, if we get one soon ill be able to get the truck running and driving for winter. Then ill have to get the cav in the garage and tear it down to a bare shell and sand blast the car bare. If i can make that happen ill have some really cool updates for everybody :-)

I Love My J ♡
Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:22 PM
Transmission is in!!!!!! And picked up some jeffie rear disk conversion parts. Went with a hhr trans for ease of install and was afraid of the 4:41 being too much gear. 4:17 is amazing!!!! Car wants to fly! Havnt ran it hard yet but the gears are close and deffanitly shorter but still runs good rpms at crusing. Trans was from a 06 and oddly enough it was plastic tips, thought 05+ had bronze? My stock trans had two trashed sychros and no tips on one shift fork. Ill get pics up of the trans stuff soon and heres my jeffie stuff :-)

I also highly recommend swapping final drives to anybody who is going to be inside their trans. Best mod i ever did to my car!!! And to anybody woundering ease of install, i was perviously going to use saturn vue parts to fix my trans. Fifth gear is shorter than our stock 5th gear. I wanted to keep my 5th ratio, would have requiredm pressing sychrons on and off and i didnt want to jack them up and be screwed. The hhr has same spline count for input shaft as ld9 and all internals swapped flawlessly! In a cupple days ill post a video up of a full throttle pull.

I Love My J ♡
Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:23 PM

I Love My J ♡
Sunday, August 10, 2014 5:58 PM
The ebrake brackets? Where did you get them?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, August 11, 2014 3:25 PM
Got them with all the jeffie stuff from a guy named matt out of the classifieds. They hard to find or something?

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:41 AM
By me, yes sir.

Can't order them either.

PRND321 Till I DIE

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:13 AM
Mike- whip some up and throw them on your site, I'd buy some from ya.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:45 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:The ebrake brackets? Where did you get them?
Those came from me, and I have plenty available at the moment.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:35 PM
Well if those ebrake brackets came fron you i hope those are the right caliper brackets, he had a jeffie and quick set for sale. Jeffie for saturn and quick for srt4. I got the template to redrill rotor hat so hopefully i got the right brackets :/

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:20 PM
Got my tires on, let me tell ya car currently doesnt have front sway bar hooked up, links broke and have better stuff to worry about on the car. So anyways, car handles better than it did even with good links and good 205s. Car still spins a decent amount threw third gear. Well heres some pictures, not sure about you guys but i love the look of the wider tire :-)

I Love My J ♡
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search