My 1996 Cavalier Build! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 1996 Cavalier Build!
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:55 AM
Hello everyone,
So where do i begin....well we bought the car last July. We only paid $300 for the car because the previous owner didnt want to fix what was wrong with it. We have put new brake lines, tires, waterpump, a/c compressor, belt, valve cover gasket, and alternator. So you could say we have given it a good tune up. I actually really liked this car ever since i got it and wanted to do something different with it. After i got it i started looking into custom cavaliers, and only one really stood out to me #mrcavnasty's. I love his car and his is where i got my inspiration to do something with my car.

So im gonna start from the beginning and as i get updates with my build ill be sure to post them up on here!

My car when i first bought it. pretty plain and simple.

Had a little bit less than this when i got it like 76K

So i like the simpler look on cars and i decided to debadge it. It turned out really good!! I also got tint on the back half, havent changed the window regulators yet, so i didnt get those tinted.

Christmas time came around and i got these bad boys!

I also got this dash insert which really sucked to put in. Take it from me dont get one they are a pain to put in...

One of my favorite pics of my car. Nothing new done to it but i really like it.

Finally got around to removing the vinyl pinstripes on the sides, i really hated those.

Well thats it for now i will post up more stuff later!!

Re: My 1996 Cavalier Build!
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:38 AM
Finally someone who removes those stupid pinstripes. Everyone always keeps them on. Good progress sir.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:50 PM
Andrew Cramer wrote:Finally someone who removes those stupid pinstripes. Everyone always keeps them on. Good progress sir.

Thanks man, and yea i didn't really like them. They were peeling in certain places so i said screw it and took them off. Surprisingly you cant hardly see where they were.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:33 PM
Update I decided to buy an aftermarket radio, this thing was a such a pain to install but im not gonna lie, it was totally worth it!

New radio mount in, i really hated wiring it tho...

What it looks like after being completely installed!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:18 PM
Its been a while since ive updated my build but ive had alot done to my car in the time since! Im gonna post pics and stuff in the order they were done.

First off last summer i put all new suspension on my car, new struts springs and all that. It dropped it a pretty decent amount.

Heres what it looked like after it was all put on.

Well my build was kind of cold for a while but i did notice a little bit more of a drop after the springs were on my car for a while.

Just recently, i decided i needed all new rotors and pads in the front so i decided to get something alot nicer than what was on it to begin with,

Well thats all for now, but i will be getting toyota cavalier taillights at the end of this month so i will post an update when i get those on!
For now here is a super recent picture of my car as the sun set.

Instagram: @monstrr_
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:42 PM
Where in Florida?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:30 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Where in Florida?

Im in Saint Cloud, just south of Orlando!

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 7:24 PM
Hey man! Liking everything you've done so far! What struts and springs did you go with on the lower? Looks good.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:48 AM
Jacob J wrote:Hey man! Liking everything you've done so far! What struts and springs did you go with on the lower? Looks good.

Im currently running sensen struts and ebay springs, yea yea i hear it everywhere that they are terrible but ive had no problems whatsoever but i want more low so looking for other setups for sale

Friday, February 13, 2015 7:06 AM
Ebay doesn't make springs. Did you get the cheap coilovers sold all over ebay, or regular lowering springs?

If you're looking for a decent setup, I've got brand new front Tokico HP blues (performance lowering struts, just not adjustable) still in the box, and a set of used Sprint lowering springs for sale in the classifieds. Hit me up if you're interested.

Sunday, February 15, 2015 3:13 PM
@ monstrr_ wrote:
Jacob J wrote:Hey man! Liking everything you've done so far! What struts and springs did you go with on the lower? Looks good.

Im currently running sensen struts and ebay springs, yea yea i hear it everywhere that they are terrible but ive had no problems whatsoever but i want more low so looking for other setups for sale
I was just curious Looks good and if it's working for you I see no problem with it!

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:31 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:Ebay doesn't make springs. Did you get the cheap coilovers sold all over ebay, or regular lowering springs?

If you're looking for a decent setup, I've got brand new front Tokico HP blues (performance lowering struts, just not adjustable) still in the box, and a set of used Sprint lowering springs for sale in the classifieds. Hit me up if you're interested.

Ill take a look and get back to you on it. Would you ever split them up? like sell just the springs?

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:35 PM
Lol just looked at it ahh okay not a bad deal for all of it i will definitely get back to you within the next week or so! @Mr. Quick

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:41 PM
So i havent posted alot of updates recently but alot has happened!

So these bad boys came in and they were installed same day i got them! Unfortunately i didnt have the harness for them, but i was able to create my own with little hassle!

Then I got a super good deal on a momo steering wheel hub adaptor so i bought it and got that installed, that turned into a nightmare but it is installed now haha.

***And now currently working on my biggest project thus far for the cavy. The 00-02 conversion front and rear bumpers!
This has been a long project but get close to installing everything by the end of the month! Everything is now in primer and is ready to be wet sanded and painted! Also installing a wings west front lip and lss rear lip!

Well thats all for now i will post more update pics when i get some more stuff done, should be sometime next week!

Friday, March 13, 2015 11:16 AM
I must know how you scored the lips! I haven't made it to any yards yet, but my hope isn't set to high lol

Monday, March 16, 2015 10:15 AM
Jacob J wrote:I must know how you scored the lips! I haven't made it to any yards yet, but my hope isn't set to high lol

I found the front lip on ebay for a super good deal and the lss rear lip was at the junkyard for 10 bucks haha

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 12:40 PM
Okay so its been a while buttttt aloooottt has been done, complete 95-99 to 00-02 conversion is finally done!

-----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

So i wasnt able to get everything painted the same day so i had to ride around hoonigan style for a couple days until everything was painted and cleared!

Finally everything got painted!!!

Installing everthing!

-------------------------------------------

Final product so far, yes i know i need sideskirts and rims and more low but that all comes with time but for now her she sits. my build has come a long way from what is was before!

--------------------------------------------

Will definitely continue my build progress on here as i get more and more done to it!

Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:45 PM
when you put that wings west lip on the front did you just attach with the tape or add more fasteners? ive got the whole w type lip kit and am having a hard time keeping it attached
Sunday, April 26, 2015 6:06 PM
AJ Barter wrote:when you put that wings west lip on the front did you just attach with the tape or add more fasteners? ive got the whole w type lip kit and am having a hard time keeping it attached

What i did was removed the crappy tape that came with it and put 3M double sided tape and it holds like a champion but i also put 2 self tapper screws on each side near the tires so it doesnt come off back there. So far i havent had any problems.

Sunday, April 26, 2015 10:38 PM
Not a fan of the lip but looks good other then that, diggin that color for a cavi too. Not many of them around here that color

ReD RaiN
Monday, April 27, 2015 9:33 AM
T!M8!T wrote:Not a fan of the lip but looks good other then that, diggin that color for a cavi too. Not many of them around here that color

Thanks man, yea i know a guy on the Facebook group that has one just like mine but yea not too many of them this color!

Monday, April 27, 2015 5:44 PM
My wings west lip is attached with screws from behind no tape at all. Here's a pic

Monday, April 27, 2015 6:46 PM
Ecoswapped wrote:My wings west lip is attached with screws from behind no tape at all. Here's a pic

Where did you place the screws to hold it on, i thought about doing that but wasnt sure where to put them at except at the ends.

Monday, April 27, 2015 8:26 PM
I'll take a pic tomorrow of it and post it so u can see
Monday, April 27, 2015 9:31 PM
Ecoswapped wrote:I'll take a pic tomorrow of it and post it so u can see

Okay sounds good!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search