#cavnasty. (that other teal/silver cavalier) - Page 19 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: #cavnasty. (that other teal/silver cavalier)
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:56 AM
How dare you say we are getting tired of small updates?! This car is beautiful and we love seeing new pics. Gets better everyday man! Keep it up with even the smallest updates!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:23 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:damn man.... my teins are almost fully dumped out back and nowhere near as low as you. you got the shorter springs?

2" shorter rear springs and my strut mounts help with the drop. I can go about another inch down in the front and the rear is just past the halfway point of the threads.

ah, but what about rear travel? mine rides pretty rough on full stiff with the rears dumped, NOW. lol

i may have to look into ditching the tein mount "cups" up front like you did... wonder why tein decided to have a 2" deep cup for a mount anyway? might try to modify mine.. idk

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:18 AM
ekimnawi89 (Mike) wrote:Jay I'll just continue the fap fast as well. Car looks juicy as always, but....

Qwik2k2z24 wrote: Plans of a new tucked 3" cat back are in the works. This thing is dragging on everything.

This quote is the best thing I have heard though. I am in the same boat and look forward to your plans for it.

LOL! my 3" likes to dangle! I have a fab guy begging to do my exhaust so it should be happening sooner than later. He wants to go aluminum!

strat81 wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Corner lights are done!

"JDM" corner lights by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

"JDM" corner lights by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

damn those look nice. I need a set of those for the sedan.

car looks great. i've never noticed any real issue with the toe changes running the camber shims. granted my car is only driven to an autox, beat on, and driven home. no ill affects in the handling department from what i've experienced. they would be small changes at best as there isn't a huge range of motion... at least not the way my car is setup.

I love how they turned out. My paint guy mixed in some orange tint with the clear so basically all you see is a clear coated stock corner light. Came out super clear compared to when I used Metalcast.

and yeah.. same thing with the toe issue. I don't feel any problems with it handling wise.

Z24Sunfire wrote:How dare you say we are getting tired of small updates?! This car is beautiful and we love seeing new pics. Gets better everyday man! Keep it up with even the smallest updates!

Appreciate that! Once events start kicking off I'm gonna use this post as a blog in a sense.

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:damn man.... my teins are almost fully dumped out back and nowhere near as low as you. you got the shorter springs?

2" shorter rear springs and my strut mounts help with the drop. I can go about another inch down in the front and the rear is just past the halfway point of the threads.

ah, but what about rear travel? mine rides pretty rough on full stiff with the rears dumped, NOW. lol

i may have to look into ditching the tein mount "cups" up front like you did... wonder why tein decided to have a 2" deep cup for a mount anyway? might try to modify mine.. idk

Tein probably simply copied the stock mount specs for height and make their own out of aluminum without much R&D.. after all it's only J-body parts. O_O

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:41 PM
I have been debating aluminum as well. . I've heard mixed reviews on it. It's either that or 321ss.
Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:52 AM
Go Stainless!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, May 17, 2013 6:48 AM
Some more useless updates simply to keep my post at the top...

MOMO wheel looks so much cleaner.. Pardon the poopy flash photo and dirty interior.

Untitled by qwik2k2z24, on Flickr

Installed a new crew banner. First time installing a large vinyl with the soapy water method. Came out really nice. Gold matches my wheels almost perfect.

My bros VW GTi 337... Mostly stock.

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:14 AM
Club Awesome? Why not Club Baby Seals? jk jk. Looks good man. Should vinyl wrap the roof for kicks

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:32 AM
My god your car looks good on some of those last pictures!

Saturday, May 18, 2013 5:54 AM
sellin the nardi then? lol

Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:47 AM
Mmm.. 337..

You're not supposed to take pics with a show-stealer

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, May 20, 2013 5:32 PM
As usual.. all photos shot with an iPhones. Pardon the quality.

Photos from this weekend!

Monday, May 20, 2013 6:55 PM
That red bimmer is stupid loud

Monday, May 20, 2013 8:59 PM
Digging the Jetta.. Alot.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:59 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:Digging the Jetta.. Alot.

Jetta is cool. We just put some coilovers on it at the beginning of the season and the wheels are spot on for fitment.

CrAzY Z24 wrote:That red bimmer is stupid loud

Are you sure? lol. It's decently quiet honestly.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:07 AM
Looks like fun man. I think you need a new sig now

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:39 AM
If its the same guy im thinking of, dave, he straight piped it and is stupid loud now

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:41 AM
SUNOCO 93 FTW!!!
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:37 AM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:If its the same guy im thinking of, dave, he straight piped it and is stupid loud now

Nope, the car is owned by Cory and formerly owned by the owner of Strictly Import Motorsports.

Sparky15_00 (Corsica Dude) wrote:Looks like fun man. I think you need a new sig now

I agree!

Bobby Higgins wrote:SUNOCO 93 FTW!!!

I always prefer Sonoco when I have the opportunity

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:22 PM
I'm blaming Oscar for me being sick. Ain't nothin' he can do about it.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:17 AM
HooWybrow wrote:I'm blaming Oscar for me being sick. Ain't nothin' he can do about it.

I told him and he doesn't seem to care at all!

So I have been picking apart my rear fitment during the week. Over the weekend I realized I was only rubbing 1/4 panel on the passenger side (pretty bad too even with the roll). This seemed odd to me. A few years back when I was improving the fitment on my Trak Lite setup I realized the rear axle beam was 6mm inward on the passenger side. To fix that I had Stephen Wiggens cut me a 6mm hub spacer to make the beam straight and allow me to use equal size wheel spacers. Well after I swapped to my Teins, Addco rear bar, and my 17x9s it appears the 6mm was creating the rubbing issue. Removed the shim and now fitment is dead even side to side. How you ask?? I haven't the slightest clue... This isn't the first time my car has fixed itself.

Before you ask, No, my beam bushings aren't completely junk.

I should have some professional pictures form the upcoming JBOM BBQ on Saturday.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:17 AM
"This isnt the first time my car has fixed itself".... LOL awesome this has happened to me....but us humans are always curious so we go breaking things before we find out...LOL

GMR has got nothing on this

Monday, May 27, 2013 2:53 PM
stance theory
just sayn

Monday, May 27, 2013 3:00 PM
Ugly, hacked up cavalier..........

Just kidding man, looks fantastic!!!!

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:34 AM
Mini iPhone photoshoot from the weekend! High res soon.

Front Teins came down another turn as well. Still rides like magic and doesn't bottom out the struts.

And then this happened Sunday night... Compression check shows 180psi on all 4 cylinders with a cold engine. Leak down test tonight should show more. Fresh plugs and it drove fine on Monday. I definitely heard debris rattle around and most likely exit the engine. I am assuming ring land at this time.

Engine will most likely come out this weekend. Build will consist of .020 Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, ARP rod and head studs, 2.3L oil pump swap, and most likely my Cometic head gasket.

I refuse to end this season this early.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:43 AM
Sorry to see that happen, but Im glad to hear its not going to hold you back!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search