Phil's 2014 Build - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Phil's 2014 Build
Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:11 AM
So in light of trying to figure out a issue I reverted back to the stock ignition and valve cover...just a little different but it actually works really well in the engine bay.

Does this seem normal? I think it may be cause of my engine noise...thoughts?

Saturday, June 14, 2014 12:25 PM
Can't view the video for some reason but the valve cover looks good! I'm guessing there's a little slack in the chain? Have you done the new style tensioner?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, June 14, 2014 1:46 PM
Yah I replaced the tensioner about a year back, looked over all the timing components and found nothing wrong but notice some slack in the chain. I think I had my videos set to private. this should work now.

Saturday, June 14, 2014 1:50 PM
Definitely a little loose, must just be stretched out. If you're experiencing a rattling noise that's definitely it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 07, 2014 2:04 PM
Since ive never really shown any shots of how the car looks and its stance. I took some pics while I was out doing some running around. Maybe this year ill get around to repainting the front end and putting my WW front lip on.

Monday, July 07, 2014 4:00 PM
Picks from out of town or Coquitlam?
I've only ever seen you once while driving abouts and I waved like a retard trying to get your attention.
Monday, July 07, 2014 4:02 PM
Looks great man!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 07, 2014 4:51 PM
Thanks Yellow...Its days like this when its clean that I decide I like the car again...selling it is a daily thought

Andrew Cramer wrote:Picks from out of town or Coquitlam?
I've only ever seen you once while driving abouts and I waved like a retard trying to get your attention.

Just around Coquitlam. I pretty much am in my own world when driving. Sorry, ill keep an eye out for you!
Tuesday, July 08, 2014 2:10 PM
He nice car. I think I have seen it around.

When we hitting pickapart
Tuesday, July 08, 2014 6:09 PM
I like the valve cover! I need to get my engine bay cleaned up.

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 4:57 PM
Wow your car is amazing! its the exact look i was going for and engine setup you will have a twin here in WV one day lol.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:43 AM
Philly D wrote:Since ive never really shown any shots of how the car looks and its stance. I took some pics while I was out doing some running around. Maybe this year ill get around to repainting the front end and putting my WW front lip on.

Just looked at your full size photobucket pics – wow man your car is super clean. Looks really nice!

Friday, July 11, 2014 7:42 PM
Thanks guys for the positive comments. Trying to keep it 100% functional while looking stockish.

Its the positive comments that make me strive to keep working on her. This fall will bring alot of changes!
Friday, July 18, 2014 7:48 AM
I LOVE the stockish look.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, July 18, 2014 8:02 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:I LOVE the stockish look.
X2

Monday, July 28, 2014 7:35 PM
Some more stuff showed up today.

Going to clean up the exterior with this

Grabbed these

and these go along with them

Always wanted the gas hood props

New headlights are dirt cheap! New lights for projector build

Starting to collect parts for a trans freshen up

After being informed that this works I grabbed this

And last but not least....for the hybrid build..

If I actually put the all parts on my car I have it'll be pretty damn nice!
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:17 AM
Philly D wrote:If I actually put the all parts on my car I have it'll be pretty damn nice!

I thought this too. Then I put everything on and now all I have are problems.

Nice progress though, everything looks great. Refresh my memory of your hybrid build plans again?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:16 AM
The plan is to run a 2006 2.4 bottom end and a ported lsj head. There will be other goodies as well such as cams, balance shaft delete and such but keeping it fairly mild.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:42 AM
Trigger Wheel Looks nice.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:12 AM
2.4 bottom end will be sweet with the extra displacement/compression. Honestly I wish I would have gone that way. I will say that I'll never do a trigger wheel setup again. Really not a fan of trying to line it up and guessing on timing advance numbers. I still think the best option is a reworked l61 bottom end, even if you just put forged rods in it and call it done. Balance shaft delete hasn't really impressed me either but I think going from an aluminum flywheel to a stocker really killed that for me. What cams do you have in mind?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:17 AM
This trigger wheel is a much better design though. It was a idea I had years ago but nobody wanted to produce it. Then Cinny I guess had the same great idea and made it for us! The nice part of this is the ability to move the trigger wheel without removing the crank pulley. And being able to make small adjustments easily if your slightly off. I agree though. I do not like the setup and may go the forged route in the end. But we will see. Figured id grab it since I doubt more will be made.

I got the balance shafte delete for free a long time back so I figured id toss it in.

As for cams I am probably going to go either a custom route, or just get OTTP stage 3 or 4. I have to see what people say about them when more get them. I dont want to rev to the moon, and would like to keep it around 7500rpm.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:26 PM
Well today I had a PDR guy over to do a repair on a dent that ive hated for a long long time. He did a great job given how the dent was. There is some slight cracks in the paint but its not noticeable unless I pointed it out and even then its not too noticeable. Sucks but he did a great job overall and im so glad to have the dent taken out.

Before shots

After shots

Monday, August 04, 2014 7:23 PM
Dude your car looks sick, but my wife says you need a pedicure !

BLACKMANTIS
Friday, August 08, 2014 8:46 PM
That turned out great.
Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:09 AM
wow that dent repair looks amazing! did someone door ding you or something?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search